+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Penalty

We need to bring back public executions and gladitorial games................Make mutha ****ers think twice!!Bring out the guillotine!!!!
    That and put up corpses on display as a reminder!!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

wow let me just move to japan right now cuz i aint looking foward to it

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Mwahhahahahhahahhaaa!!!!! Yesss.....We should actually punish, not just can inmates like sardines...........
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie holy_kamotey may be famous one day holy_kamotey may be famous one day holy_kamotey's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah... death penalty is a good idea but it will never replace JUSTICE....

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holy_kamotey
    yeah... death penalty is a good idea but it will never replace JUSTICE....
    what justice? is it justifying when parents rape their children and make their kids have sex with each other and the parents mother gets 40 years. and the father gets 5 consecutive life sentences???I don't think so at least they deserve to be hung up by their thumbs and themselves be raped (just once)(maybe more)
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

I think our current prison system is ineffective toward rehabilitating criminals. All it does is breed better criminals. The death sentence is not an effective in reducing crime, all you are doing is putting fear into the innocence or people who will never commit a serious crime. The ones who are willing and capable will just try harder not to be caught, again breeding better criminals.

The death sentence should not be used as a deterrent, to make an example out of someone, retribution, revenge or punishment. I already explained why it fails as a deterrent and an example maker. When you use it as retribution or punishment for their crimes, it fails because they never learn anything from the experience, it kills them. Justifying it as revenge makes you no better then the criminal you wish to kill.

The only reason the death sentence should be used is the criminal is incapable of being rehabilitated, such as serial killers, rapists (Child or other wise), murders committed out of revenge, etc. We should not kill someone because the act of killing them does not bring back the ones they killed or remove the trauma experienced from rape. But... But in the act of removing this twisted soul from existence, you remove the chance he or she will commit an unforgivable crime to some other person.

You cannot hide behind a justification like two wrongs don't make a right, or no good can come from killing another human, criminal or not. In order to live life, you must RESPECT it. Respect all life as if it were your own. Killing that is not in self-defense of your own life or in the protection of other life is wrong, true. But are you saying we should lock away a man for killing a mugger attempting to do the same? When attempts to kill another for selfish reason, you lose your respect for life, therefor you lose your right to live.

Now some might whine about not trying someone for an act they didn't commit. That is why I said, The death sentence only issued to inmates who exhibit the inability to be rehabilitated, like a level three sex offender, or the like. There will be no punishment, there will be no revenge, just security in the knowledge that this criminal will be unable to shatter another person's life, another family's, another community's... What more could you ask?

Justice is blind, so it is up to mankind who use her to open her eyes wide.
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive got one thing to say...........I think it is wrong sometimes to u se the death penalty

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Newbie holy_kamotey may be famous one day holy_kamotey may be famous one day holy_kamotey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper66
    what justice? is it justifying when parents rape their children and make their kids have sex with each other and the parents mother gets 40 years. and the father gets 5 consecutive life sentences???I don't think so at least they deserve to be hung up by their thumbs and themselves be raped (just once)(maybe more)

yeah, you have a point there... but your only talking to one crime, you should take it as general, i mean not only rape case... by the way, that situation, i think he'd better spend his whole life in prison at least he feels pain behind the bars... he might die 'coz of depression and guilt.... and even he made an immoral act, we still don't have the right to take away other's life...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to holy_kamotey For This Useful Post:

syrayian (Dec 17, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast