View Poll Results: In support of or support against?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supporting for

21 63.64%
  • Supporting against

12 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty--For or Against?

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

Death Penalty--For or Against?

sorry if this thread has already been made but i dont think there is one about this one...

I'm doing a presentation on the death penalty in my theology class (yes i go to a private high school) and i am wondering just how many of you guys support or dont support the use of the death penalty. What are ur reasons for or against this one?

For me i would have to be against the death penalty..dont ask me if im stupid or something like that but i just dont believe in killing people jus because they killed someone else. In a sense its like we are no better than them in taking away lives. I guess its because of the schools that Ive been to that make me think this way, i always learned of how humans have a will and intellect and how we all have freedom and blah blah blah..and to me it feels like whenever we execute people, its like taking away their freedom and forcing my will over theirs. I mean if i were to do the execution i dont think id be able to do it, im just not really for the killing of them for their crimes. At my school its always the saying of hate the sin not the sinner...

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Death Penalty--For or Against?

you make a good point but if you think about about it the killer being excuted forced there will on the one they killed sort so when they get executed it like an eye for an eye if you go by bible vers . but i want go there since thats a flame issue to some. bit my reason for suporting the death penalty are pretty simple if there willing to kill somone then that means there will to accept the responsibilty
    of dieing them selves .its like cause and affect one action makes anopther happen
    wich i think is a good thing when it comes to the death penalty.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

I have mixed feelings cause there are those who will kill no matter what. At the same time there are those who could be innocent. And on top of all that if you didn't know it cost a lot of money to kill someone.
    Last edited by Hoods; Aug 30, 2006 at 11:29 PM. Reason: typos

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

really? i had no idea flipping a switch to fry someones brain fo 30 seconds costed anything i thought it was a free like a publice service thing.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned Alucard_Spriggan may be famous one day Alucard_Spriggan may be famous one day Alucard_Spriggan's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm....a touchy subject...well I would have to say Death is the price for murder...I would personaly do the job if need be. Murderers n Rapists deserve death.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Yes i agree that murderers and Rapist and child molesters and all those sick ppl need to be shown that they are not the only ones that can make a decision to kill
    someone. The only reason i have a problem with the killing is my religion and according to that the Judgement and death penalty lies with the Lord and He can decide what happens to that person not my Job.

I know it is a easy decision to seperate me from making a choice on the death of someone else but in the end we don't live in the time where an eye for and eye is the fashionable thing.This as a matter a fact has been the decision of so many court rulings in the past that it won't be any news if they bring it back as long as i don't vote for the bringing back it is fine with me.
    We must all remember and this is important the day something terrible happens to your family or loved ones that is the day that would decide the big decision we are discusing today.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

There are ppl out there that just need to die.......Some should get it in the most barbaric way possible. We should restart the whole Gladiator thing and put it on pay-per-view. Get money for prison operation and entertain the rabid masses, It would work out real well!!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not really flippin the switch that cost the money. It's all the courts costs. Since accordin to law the have to exhaust all possibilies. That why criminals remain on death row for so long.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast