View Poll Results: In support of or support against?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supporting for

21 63.64%
  • Supporting against

12 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty--For or Against?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Penalty--For or Against?

Blame it on Judges and Lawyers..................Lawyers especially.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Its not the courts that cost money, its not the funerals of the victims, its the cost to keeep these people alive. Murders, rapist, terrorists...these people are alive and we are paying for them to stay alive whether we like it or not.

I am pro Death Penalty, I think people do need to leave this world someway and somehow. I may not think its the greatest way but when I see a man on T.V. smiling after he just raped a 5 yr old girl and tortured her to dealth, I can barely ocntrian myself form running around and grabbing a gun to get the guy myself.

My Science teacher in HS about 4 yrs ago was caught trying to rape an underage girl and do what else with her. To me that is sick and revolting. I feel embarred to go to that school, and unclean just for shaking his hand.

When someone goes to prison they lose just aobut all rights and privleges as a citizen. They decided to act above everyone else, put their own cravings above all. They thought and acted as though we didn't have rights, that this world was theirs and theirs alone. When they get caught, I would like to know that they are shown differenlty. If they are to die, it isn't by my hand, but I think it is the best justice we can serve. They will probably never feel the pain that those victims went through in this life time, so why not let them go do whatever they need do in dealth. If you are a religious person and believe in Hell..why wouldn't you want them to get a quick ending and be judged accordingly?

Even if we are the ones to want it...who are we to say that our feelings on a subject are to be judged in the same way as a ravenous killer? People fights wars outside all of the time, we make decisions, and just because we can spend a year making that decision doesn't mean we arn't still doing the same thing. We are making a decision to better our children and those who are innocent.

Put them down like dogs for all I care. They are a lot better off that way, than staying in a prison anyways.
    Last edited by Tbaism; Aug 31, 2006 at 03:32 AM.

Newbie quikster11 may be famous one day quikster11 may be famous one day quikster11's Avatar
    Thanks

well i belive that the death penaty should be ban but punish the muderers and the rapers another way. like for the rapers, cut the reproductive organ withouth morfine or painkiller and for muderers cut the hands off or something. make them impossible for them to rape or kill and then throw them in jail.

Newbie Xorr may be famous one day Xorr may be famous one day Xorr's Avatar
    Thanks

I see a big hole in the theroy to just keep them in jail, as a person who has been to jail (no worries nothing too bad just some mushrooms) jail and prisons in this country are way over crouded, its like way way bad, and in fact the highest murder rates are in the states with the death penalty. But I still belive in that to make room for all the people the go in and out of the system that there needs to be a death penalty, but we're doing it the wrong way, it was a proven fact that a much lower % of people murdered each other and raped each other when it was for the public to view, now maybe to make more money to help make up for money spent they should make death sentances a pay per view, so when ever a person is put to death every one who wants to pay for it can watch, thats what they did for famliys that had loved ones killed by the unibomber. makes more sence and it would show people direct counsequences, for their actoins, thats what people need, not some high and mighty cop telling them what to do, that just insights people go against they are being told.

PEACE

Otaku tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey's Avatar
    Thanks

im agaist it because we condeming them and were doing exzactly what they did except worse we use the law

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

Otaku DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon's Avatar
    Thanks

U know what I think...kill them.
    What`s the point of keeping them in jail if some of them r gonna be there for life and r going to die anyway? It`s better just to execute them.
    I have seen on TV and heard about revolts in jails...guards get killed/wounded, jails get damaged/burned...do we really need those kind of incidents? NO, we don`t!!! If it`s for sure that a the person has done something very bad, then...be my guess...

Finding God is not peaceful.
    Searching God isn`t peaceful.
    The thought that God exists is peaceful enough.
    Believe!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

you know this kill them all and let god sort them out additudes are a bit anoying
    theres alot of people that think its a good idea but they also show some conservative restraint because it is a life that is being taken sure everyone is passionate about both side but what if it was you or someone you knew would you would some kind of order yea they need to die but why show so much hate
    i mean alot of people on death row klilled someone out of a moment of anger or confusion they regret it and have made peace with god.
    sure there are serial killers there as well but thats another story i am talking about people like you and me that have veryday lives that get changed for ever
    i feel they should die but at the same time they should be given some kind of
    compassion becuase they really weren't thinking rightthey should be given evrry possable meaure of justic before passing judgement not just kill them because of what they did because it was just an unforunate chain of events that lead them
    there.
    everyone should concider this beofre saying heck yea throw the switch
    to many people today are more than ready to kill somone at the drop of a hat
    people need to think more beofre they are so quickly to say kill them
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

im half and half. yet it's a good thing but yet no one has the right to take someones life away.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast