View Poll Results: In support of or support against?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supporting for

21 63.64%
  • Supporting against

12 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty--For or Against?

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Penalty--For or Against?

Quote Originally Posted by manga fanatic View Post
    if your gonna be but to death they don't take years to decide and not many peolpe are put in a exocution sentence. i don't see how its like slavery becasue the death penalty is better than suffering for 40 or 50 years in a maximum security prison where you get to go outside like once a month
    They don't take years to decide, but it takes years to do it due to appeals and such. The average person is on death row for well over eight years. This is after his actual murder trial has concluded.

Also, I don't know about you, but there is no guarentee that anything comes after death. So how can you say death is better than spending 50 years in prison? I would much rather take the 50 years.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

The death penalty is of course just another barbaric practice which much like slavery, Europe got rid of before we did. We will eventually get rid of it and in a generation or two everyone will look at the death penalty with disgust.
    Well i respect your opinion man, but to me and many others it's not barbaric. Its what some of them deserve. It insures us that they wont harm anyone again 100%. Can't say that with prison where they can escape, get paroled, or set free on a loop hole. How would you feel if that happen and they killed a family member of yours. Isnt it more barbaric for them to be in prison, with all the guy love, abusive guards, chaotic atmosphere, inmate fighting, and so on. I think lethal injection is way more humane.

I think its a stupid move on europes part. They must have alot of wacko's in prision, hope they don't get out. God id hate to see gotten rid of in a generation or two. Thank god i wont be here if it happens.

"So if it's costing us all a lot of money, and not deterring any crime.....

Why do we have the death penalty?"

One word,

Justice!!!

It would deter them if we would execute them right away. Also it would save money and now it would be cheaper than prison.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Sep 19, 2006 at 04:42 PM.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well i respect your opinion man, but to me and many others it's not barbaric. Its what some of them deserve. It insures us that they wont harm anyone again 100%. Can't say that with prison where they can escape, get paroled, or set free on a loop hole. How would you feel if that happen and they killed a family member of yours. Isnt it more barbaric for them to be in prison, with all the guy love, abusive guards, chaotic atmosphere, inmate fighting, and so on. I think lethal injection is way more humane.

I think its a stupid move on europes part. They must have alot of wacko's in prision, hope they don't get out. God id hate to see gotten rid of in a generation or two. Thank god i wont be here if it happens.

"So if it's costing us all a lot of money, and not deterring any crime.....

Why do we have the death penalty?"

One word,

Justice!!!

It would deter them if we would execute them right away. Also it would save money and now it would be cheaper than prison.
    Yes lets kill them right away, that way when new evidence clears them of the crime five years from now, it doesn't matter!

There is a reason it takes so long to kill them off, and that is because estimates say one in eight people on death row may very well be innocent. I feel that if you're going to be killing murderers, it doesn't matter how many of them you get right, if you grab 99 true killers and 1 innocent it still does not make it right for that innocent man to die.

Also you mentioned it means there is a 100% chance they won't kill again. This is true. However, it also means there is a 100% chance they won't be able to redeem themselves, serve their time, and sucessfully reintegrate back into the world. It is not that uncommon for criminals (even murderers) to do their time and make good on their second chance at life. I believe taking away that second chance is one of the greatest sins there is.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Also you mentioned it means there is a 100% chance they won't kill again. This is true. However, it also means there is a 100% chance they won't be able to redeem themselves, serve their time, and sucessfully reintegrate back into the world. It is not that uncommon for criminals (even murderers) to do their time and make good on their second chance at life. I believe taking away that second chance is one of the greatest sins there is.
    Thats good and all, but too bad the victem dont get that chance. They're lieing 6 feet under. Some could be redeemed, but most will just do some type of violent crime again. Look at the statisitics, and see how many are repeat offenders. I'd like to be able to sleep at night knowing this @#$*!~ wont harm anyone again.

Newbie pikapika28 may be famous one day pikapika28 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I alway think, an eye for an eye.

Newbie Fallen-Dark-Hunter may be famous one day Fallen-Dark-Hunter may be famous one day Fallen-Dark-Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know which one i support. cuz some people deserve the death penalty..like realy bad but sometimes theres others who do something wrong but isnt that bad and dont deserve it. Or some people didnt even do anything and still get the penalty..So its realy a 50/50 thing in my opinion.

Newbie SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all for the death penalty. The only real problem I have with it is that after the person is convicted, it takes approximately 10 years before they are exicuted. It takes up to much of the tax payer's money to feed these people who are supposed to be dead! And durring those years they find ways to get out of it!
    You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.”
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47016476
    http://www.myspace.com/sid_the_great

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SidtheGreat View Post
    I'm all for the death penalty. The only real problem I have with it is that after the person is convicted, it takes approximately 10 years before they are exicuted. It takes up to much of the tax payer's money to feed these people who are supposed to be dead! And durring those years they find ways to get out of it!
    The amount of money it takes to feed them is pennies compared to the legal fees they incurr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast