Closed Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty... fair punishment????

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Penalty... fair punishment????

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Chris you have to understand something. If not understand, then see what I am trying to say. If the government kills off a mass murderer, or a child rapist, that is it. Nothing has been done to him. It'd be as though he did what he had to do, and then die. He wouldn't face the traumas of jail such as rape, molestation, gross food, fights, etc. He should spend each of his living days in jail, regretting what he did. Go crazy, for all we care. But death isn't doing him justice. First off, we don't have the right to take the life of another human being, no matter what they did. Second, we are just handing him a sliver platter of easy way out.
    How can you find making one suffer, justice. As for repent, they have the ten years or so leading to the actually death date to repent. Then, they should be given the proper consequence after the time.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

To make one suffer is much worse than killing one for there crimes so its much better to give them the death penalty .Also ten yrs is plenty of time for one to think of what they have done and once the ten yrs is up the family gets what they want.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Chris you have to understand something. If not understand, then see what I am trying to say. If the government kills off a mass murderer, or a child rapist, that is it. Nothing has been done to him. It'd be as though he did what he had to do, and then die. He wouldn't face the traumas of jail such as rape, molestation, gross food, fights, etc. He should spend each of his living days in jail, regretting what he did. Go crazy, for all we care. But death isn't doing him justice. First off, we don't have the right to take the life of another human being, no matter what they did. Second, we are just handing him a sliver platter of easy way out.
    i understand that and i agree with you but i just fell though
    if you are so cold and heartless when you kill someone why should
    they be shown any leaniancy at all? becuase even the bible says
    that mans law should be obeyed if there just laws and to me
    the death penalty is a just law .

only way they dont deserve to die is if they didnt kill
    anyone but other than that i will pull the switch to
    end there sorry pointless waisted life
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Death Penalty... fair punishment????

Wolfie: let's say this... a mass murderer kills your entire family and u were the only one that scaped.... I really hope this neve comes true.... anyways...
    and the law "decides" to give the murderer 10 years of jail... but he gets out in 5 for "good behavior".... then he kills another family again.... and the process starts over.... could this family be saved if he was already death? Of course!!!! do you feel that He/she deserves to live even if he/she killed ur entire family????? and then another one???? I really don't see the justice there....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Aside from the obvious hypocrisy of killing someone because he or she killed someone else the death penalty is a weak and very forgiving penalty.

Being jailed for life is a lot worse than capital punishment. In fact the only thing really scary about the death penalty today is that the convicted usually has to wait years until the sentence is actually carried out.

The only economically positive thing about the death penalty is that the tax payers don't need to support the life of a criminal anymore.

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you Hassun being stuck in prison for life is way more harsh to me then the death penalty. You sit there and languish in your cell until the day you die or perhaps maybe make parole and of course solitary confinement can drive you mad.

I don't think its wrong to put people to death for murders and such. If you decide to do the crime you should have to deal with the consquences even if it can be harsh.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that it actually costs taxpayers more to have a criminal executed, then it does to keep them in prison. Criminals who are sentenced to death have access to different legal options open to them, so they can waste millions of taxpayers dollars on legal fees, trying to appeal the decision, even if the evidence clearly pointed to them being guilty. Not only that, but they still sit in jail for several years until the execution, so you have that money included (if you want to make the issue solely about money).

As for the debate about religion, this was raised during the Enlightenment (1700's) during which time the notion of prisons as a form of rehabilitation, penance and punishment was created, rather than simply execution. The religious argument for the creation of prisons was that life was God's gift to man, thus only God should be able to take life (otherwise the state would be acting as a God). The final punishment for sins would be done by God alone (either sending the soul to heaven or hell).

Personally, I don't believe in the death penalty. However, I do think a restructuring is needed for how prisons are run. Even in maximum security prisons, convicted felons are allowed access to certain creature comforts which I think should be denied to them. I think prisons should only provide the necessities of life, just like food and shelter, and the only recreational programs offered should be government rehabilitation programs.

If all they have is a cell, and food, it'll get mighty boring fast....at that point, all they'd have to keep them busy is either the rehabilitation programs, or their own mind. But right now prisoners are allowed access to all sorts of different comforts which were given to them because of the complaint of human rights groups (that doesn't mean I think prisoners should be beaten or anything).

The death penalty creates more problems than it actually solves (both fiscally, legally, and as a deterant for other criminals). But I don't agree with how leniant prisons have become, so I think a re-working of both the prisons and the legal processes should be done.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

As someone who lives in Bush country I'm still against it. Someone else can talk about how it's cheaper to prison someone for life than executing them blah blab blah.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast