+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Death penalty - prison overcrowding

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Death penalty - prison overcrowding

Basically England has been going through a prison overcrowding crisis for some time now, it's even gotten to the point where paedophiles have been let off because the limited space is going to muder, rape etc.

So as in every crisis there are people shouting solutions left, right and center. One of which (that I'm focusing on) is the death penalty. Bringing it back at least, the last death sentence November 1965 was to a man named David Chapman, who was later released but died in a car accident some time after.

So England doesn't have capital punishment, but America (at least) does, so I want to know wether you all out there think it is a just law, based on various POVs, not just morality more like, deterrent, budget, basically whatever you can get your hands on that seems relevant!

Newbie worldpeace2529 is off to a good start worldpeace2529's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death penalty - prison overcrowding

So if you are asking if America should have the death penalty, I say no. I think people should have a choice if they want to die or not, death penalty takes away ALL of the natural rights of people, which are life, liberty and property. Some criminals may choose to commit suicide themselves, and they should be allowed to do that because they are people, and people should decide for themselves if they want to keep on living or not.

As for budget, I'm sure america will find enough money to build some new prisons or w/e, especially if they stop the war in iraq, which will give the U.S. enough money to make this an even better place to live, well anyways since i'm getting a little of topic here, I think I said all I wanted to regarding this matter.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think all forms of capitol punishment are wrong to begin with, includin imprisonment.

For starters, Prison inmates dont usually learn there lesson, they just go right back to jail when they get out.

Prison racially segregates people into gangs of race, and hate towards the other race is inevitable.

It only causes more In Prison crimes, Usually on the innocent shyer ones, the ones who didnt mean to make a mistake but was sent to prison anyways, and werent ready for it.

They get raped, shanked, Stabled, strangled, Pummled, and jumped. And they were the good ones. THe bad ones just get more credit on there name in the streets.

Prison can drive people to insanity, they lose their love, there life, ect.

However, killing them is just as bad. And i dont believe lethal injection is humane.

1 i hate shots
    2 See them shaking violently before they die? Painful
    3 it reminds me of dogs getting put to sleep at the pounds
    4 its just wrong, your injecting the body with poisons that stop the heart

Decapitation is wrong
    Electrocution is wrong
    Hanging is Dishonorable, and wrong.

If the Inmates had any shred of honor, they would gladly commit seppuku. Oh i forgot, america, hmmmm....

They can always run away

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yeah I have admit I'm no particular fan of the death penalty, I'm starting to think the ideas of turning whole cities into self sufficient prison communities may become abit more real than film fiction.
    I think it would help the overcrowding, help budget and tax (to a point) and making them live the life THEY choose rather than a life forced upon them in prison seems abit fairer.

Oh yeah btw...
    They get raped, shanked, Stabled, strangled, Pummled, and jumped. And they were the good ones. THe bad ones just get more credit on there name in the streets.
    What does stabled mean? (actually do I really want to know? if not forget it.)

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Stabbed*

Like i said, they should be able to commit suicide.

With a wazakashi stabbled through the bowels.

Then decapitated with a katana by a close friend.

Honorable death

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

okay umm i have to disagre with you mellow. the death penalty id=s good to me becuz it gives he criminals a taste of heir own medicine. but it has to be a terrible crime though. not just some ordinnary crime. the death penalty is a good thing. they should get what they gave to the victim. also imprisonment is hella good. y have them on the stret killing again?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Thanks

Its not always about killing. And even when they get out of prison, its not like there good now.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

not so true
    most times they do change becuz constant imprisonment can result in permanent immprisonment

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast