+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Death penalty - prison overcrowding

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death penalty - prison overcrowding

I personally think prisoners that have committed a severe enough crime should be sent to war so that they can fight the battles of good people and so that they can redeem themselves by fighting for their country. If they die, they die. If they live, then too bad. Send them off out there again until they are dead.

Immoral? Inhumane? Well, they shouldn't have killed that pregnant women or raped that little boy/girl or massacred a family or bombed an office building filled with people.

How do we control our human weapons? Easy. Shock collars, brainwashing, and an explosive implanted in each brain a la Gantz.

I am semi-serious.
    I love my girlfriend.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the death penalty is a good idea to those who have done severe enough crimes such as murder, rape, etc. but it should still be humane and be done with lethal injection. It helps to balance the prison limit and also less food is needed for that person.

And even when they get out of prison, its not like there good now.
    Not all people go back the same way, they study the Bible alot in prison theres not much to do.

sent to war
    Sorry to say this but this is an easy way to escape and never be found again... your handing them their freedom basically; you can't control what happens inside of a war because you never know what will happen next.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

The Death penalty is rarely given anywhere but Texas. If you ask me it should be the standard. When a person commits a felony there chances of rehabilitation and integration into society need to be evaluated, anyone who cannot do both should be put to death. Repeat offenders - Death. It shouldn't be one in a thousand going to death row for twenty years, if they can't function in society put them out of our collective misery.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

What about for those who have been sent to prison but are truely innocent? Death?

You probably think juvies should be tried as adults as well..

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz View Post
    Basically England has been going through a prison overcrowding crisis for some time now, it's even gotten to the point where paedophiles have been let off because the limited space is going to muder, rape etc.

So as in every crisis there are people shouting solutions left, right and center. One of which (that I'm focusing on) is the death penalty. Bringing it back at least, the last death sentence November 1965 was to a man named David Chapman, who was later released but died in a car accident some time after.

So England doesn't have capital punishment, but America (at least) does, so I want to know wether you all out there think it is a just law, based on various POVs, not just morality more like, deterrent, budget, basically whatever you can get your hands on that seems relevant!
    Basically bring back the death penalty to kill off prisoners in jail to provide more room in jail ( Am I getting the right idea?). That might work I guess, but how long does the process take for them to get the all clear to kill them, compared to how many people get taken to jail a day? The process might not be quick enough.

Plus you got the problem of wrongly acusing people - then killing them when they are innocent.

Maybe it would be better to solve the problem at the root. like why these people are committing these crimes. Instead of trying to solve the problem once they are in jail.

Or maybe a mixture of the death penalty and stopping the crimes in the first place will help. The death penalty might be just enough to deter people from committing the crime.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I, too, have been researching the "death penalty solution." It actually costs more to have the death penalty - there are costly trials and appeals courts, etc. Some of the states have begun a "reeducation program," teaching the convicts to be productive members of society; that might work better than killing people . . . and the ethics are a bit more sound . . .

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

they should give the death penalty to those who rape or kill(exept if it was an accident)... why? keeping them in prision costs money... which comes from society, which they harmed by killing or raping someone... so they commited a horrible crime, and they dont contribue 4 society... then why keep them alife?
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    What about for those who have been sent to prison but are truely innocent? Death?

You probably think juvies should be tried as adults as well..
    Do you even bother to read the posts before Adding your whitty comments? Here I'll shorten it down for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    When a person commits a felony there chances of rehabilitation and integration into society need to be evaluated, anyone who cannot do both should be put to death. Repeat offenders - Death.

Now If your saying that there is someone who has been wrongfully convicted of a crime (I'll address in a second), what do you think their chances of "rehabilitation and integration" would be if they are innocent?

Juveniles..... a 14 year old kid goes on a murderous rampage shooting 12 people to death and thinks he'll get away with it because he's not 18... Death. Because he demonstrated premedatation. Try him as an Adult
    A 16 year old kid gets in a fight ,mutual combat, and the fist fight causes brain trauma and the other kid dies. This is unintentional and the kid probably didn't mean to kill the other kid. Do you see a differance here? No? Well one showed that he carefully planned out what he was going to do and how to try and get away with it. Thinking things through like an adult would. The other kid in the heat of the moment causes more damage than he intended or maybe didn't even know he cause that much damage. No deviant thought process demonstrated here.

Wrongfully convicted... Honestly I'm not sure on exactly how many times a conviction can be appealed but I know its at least a few. Now if a jury of your peers finds you guilty of a crime beyond even a reasonable doubt, and then the appeal is looked at and the court comes to the same conclusion then there must be some pretty substantial evidence. In my opinion if your found guilty your just that, guilty.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast