+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Death penalty - prison overcrowding

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Death penalty - prison overcrowding

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I, too, have been researching the "death penalty solution." It actually costs more to have the death penalty - there are costly trials and appeals courts, etc. Some of the states have begun a "reeducation program," teaching the convicts to be productive members of society; that might work better than killing people . . . and the ethics are a bit more sound . . .
    Why does it need to be so expensive? My friend and I discussed several ways in which capital punishment (capital punishment means DEATH, mellow, not punishment in it's various forms-capital as in "head", as in decapitation, etc) could not only be less costly, but turn a handsome profit.

1) Turn the prisons into death arenas, and rake in the cash from Pay-Per-View digital cable.

2) Bring back the firing squads, and make the inmates waiting on death row handload the bullets meant to kill them.

3) Mass graves. It's cheaper to dig a hole with a back hoe once than dig multiple small holes.

4) Grind the remains up into fertilizer, or, if there is no risk of disease spread, grind up the remains into protein-rich feed for cattle.

5) Soylent Green. Need I say more?

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

i h8 the deth penalty for one rsn... if a person is wrongfully put as guilty and killed then what? they died for nuttin.. just do lyfe in prison unless they plead guilty... then u can inject em or elctrocute em or shoot em i dont care

ps dude above me.. ur a freak of nature.. u go load the bullets meant to kill you douchewad
    Love only if you are willing to hate.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly like the idea of life in prison better. Then they have to live out the rest of their life knowing because of a stupid decision that most likely devastated another family's life has now ruined any future chance at their life.

Also, I really hate the thought of killing someone who was innocent the whole time. I remember watching this court show about a guy who was convicted for raping and killing a 7-year-old girl. All of the evidence was against him but he valiantly kept saying that he was innocent but no one believed him. He was sentenced to life in prison. As time went by, technology was advancing just as it always has particularly in DNA. The guy heard about this and thought that this could be the way to prove his innocence. They examined the articles of clothing and found DNA of the perpetrator on some of the evidence. It was proven that he was definitely not the bad guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3