+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Death Of The Universe?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Death Of The Universe?

The Universe as we know it is condemned to death. Space, matter and even time will one day cease to exist and there's nothing we can do about it. Harsh realities are revealed about the future of our Universe; it may collapse and burn or it might be gripped by a galactic ice age. Either of these scenarios might be a long way off. However, our Universe could suddenly be destroyed by a "random quantum fluctuation", a bubble of destruction that can obliterate the entire cosmos in the blink of an eye. No matter how it ends, life in our Universe is doomed.
    Scientist use to think that the outward expanse of the universe would someday slow and eventually retract inward on itself and eventually cause another big bang. Now they think it will keep expanding outward faster and faster outward resulting in the eventual destruction of the universe; via collapsing and burning, or galactic ice age. Ive even heard the universe might even break down to the most simplest atoms, and life will cease to exist everywhere in the universe.

I personally don't believe this. Even know its expanding outward faster and faster outward now, don't mean someday it will slow and eventually retract inward on itself for some unseen reason. Anyhow being a man of faith, i believe god had a hand in the universe, and i dont think he would allow it to cease to exist totally.

But even if the universe did cease to exist i still believe there would be a re-birth. To me with the death of something theres always a re-birth:

examples:

1-A old man dies, a child is born.
    2-A civilization fall, and new one is born.
    3-A star goes super nova, a new star is born.

I don't see the universe being any different. If it does die, i think eventually a new one will form.

So what do you guys think about this??

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Of The Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    So what do you guys think about this??
    In my opinion: Similarly as (I believe) there exists the cycle of life, death, and rebirth of the body, the universe also undergoes the cycle of creation and destruction. So yes, I am with you on your conviction.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

That already holds true in some ways to what we know in astronomy. Billions of years from now our sun is going to burn out, but it is not going to die. It will simply burn for another few years before it blows up, reform with other astro matter and reform.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

It's hard to imagine that something so big and almost infinite as the universe could just cease to exist just like that. If anything I believe it would take many light years for the universe to cease existing. Sort of like the domino effect. When our Sun dies it could cause a possible chain reaction. A small ripple will some day become a giant wave.

Quite frankly though...it almost seems impossible. Lunacy or something lol. But I'm open minded enough to see this as a minute possibility. I believe though that our solar system will surely disappear one day and a new one will appear from it's demise.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

It is all matter. As long as matter exists there will be the potential for the birth of life. So yes, I would agree in a way as well.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    It is all matter. As long as matter exists there will be the potential for the birth of life. So yes, I would agree in a way as well.
    Actually, it isn't all matter (which doesn't matter...) It came as quite a shock to astrophysicist around the world to be handed enough information to show that over 90% of what the Universe is actually made of we don't have any clue at all on what it is... There is a substance that has mass and produces gravity, yet doesn't interact with light (other then the gravity effect...) called 'Dark Matter', and there is something else that is driving the apparent expansion of the Universe (at an accelerating rate...) called 'Dark Energy'. Other then the observed effects, no one has any idea (or evidence to support the idea...) on what is causing these effects, and the mechanism that they do so. And anyone who can crack this puzzle, your talking Nobel Prize Award here...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    and there is something else that is driving the apparent expansion of the Universe (at an accelerating rate...) called 'Dark Energy'.
    Funny, I thought it was called the "fudge factor".

*refer to Einstein.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with the Life-Death-Rebirth process. It's already in many different cultures and it makes sense to me. Besides, some scientists have hypothesized that there was a Universe before this one, already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast