+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Depression a major problem?

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Depression a major problem?

I was just randomly thinking about this because I know many people afflicted with depression. Most people see it as a trivial illness but in all actuality it's not. Depression can cause many things...sleep deprivation, suicide, lack of motivation...and wether you like to believe it or not you need at least some motivation to get through the day. Another big question I have is do you think medication for depression is actually helping or is it causing the problem to worsen? There have been many cases where people have commited suicide because of the anit-depressants they were taking. So what does everyone think, depression a major problem or just something to overlook? Anti-depressants the real deal or no?

Questions and comments? ^-^
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Depression a major problem?

For a while I thought I was depressed but now that I think I was just going through a difficult time because my dad had cancer. I believe that anti-depressants do help because my dad uses them and it really does make a difference in his attitude.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I take Remeron which is taken in the evening to promote sleep. The only problem is that it makes me have dreams that wakre me up in the middle of the night. If medicine is changed too quickly it can cause problems, and doctors seem to like changing them a lot. I have a better doctor now that gives good advice.

Thanks

Yeah I know how the whole changing medications thing is. I had a doctor once that just threw that at me like I was a testing guinea pig. She got fired a little while after I quit seeing her. Depression can be for short periods sometimes and other times can be permanen..in my case. I take cymbalta and it really does help...but it also has side effects such as insomnia..lack of appetite...small things like that.
    Dear Dinah...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well a person can get depressed: 1. Circumstances or 2. an actual illness (majority from the neurons)
    it is really hard to believe that with just pills the depression is going to get over. Even if we are talking about depression caused mainly by an illness. Depression deals and affects greatly the emotions, so there is where the person should be begin to be treated... and not to go straight to the pills or whatever medicine....
    and yes depression can cause more than just "sadness"
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

I have suffered a bit from depression and a girl I care for very much is suffering from it aswell and because of it I can't be with her (not my choice). However I don't believe medication is the key to getting through it but rather a strong determination that one does need to gain. People who support this person with depression will do more good for that person than any medication. That is why I will always be there for the girl I care for so much. Thats just my opinion though

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Thanks

True not all depression has a need for medication...but there are certain people who honestly and truly can't "just deal with it". I am one of those people. I am just not a stable person without medication. I know that sounds hard to believe but it's true.
    Dear Dinah...

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was a teen, I was depressed for 4 years, ta the point of attemptin' suicide twice. It's not an easy thing ta deal wit and it took me a long time ta get over it. I think that in some cases medication is needed and in others; jus' other types of help, like counselin'. I do think that doctors r tryin' ta use medication as a "quick fix" for some depressed patients who don' necessarily need the medication. That's where they need ta refer their patients ta experts who can clearly determine if the patient needs meds. or some other treatment. Docs need ta b more careful wit these medications 'cause they can cause so many side-effects.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast