Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Jesus exist?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Did Jesus exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc
    Not really. I beleive that he might have been a real person, it's just this mystical gift i doubt. But I just thought of an idea as to how this universe was created and who was god. Perhaps he was the first creature of life as a single celled being and he was transfered from another galaxy or universe to this planet that was the only one first capable of life at the time. Others beings that landed on others such as Mars did have life but due to cercomstances, the creatures died out. And thus how do we first know about god? Hmmmmm...well you know that as generations evolve, certain memories to survive are created. Like how a baby knows to breath as he's born. Perhaps it was one memory that just stayed with us. Or maybe it's just that we thought up god because someday we got lonely and started to have an overactive imagination and beleive in things we don't know exist. Some mightive taken advantidge of this such as a early doctor or scientist or idiot who stumbled along something that cured a special wound, such as Jesus. I'm not calling him an idiot but he might of taken advantage of what most people beleived in. Er...woops...sorta lost train of thought...*checks topic*...uh...well I guess I'm somebody who just gotta has to see or ecounter in my lifetime something to make me beleive something. So far, I havn't seen something to make me beleive in Jesus.
    Which is why it is called faith, how much faith does it require to believe something or someone is God if they are continuously proving themselves. Not to mention some people would not believe and try to disclaim not matter how much proof you gave them. More so if they are God why would they need to continuously prove themselves to lower beings? If you are looking for God to come down from Heaven and give you proof then tuff luck, you just aren't important enough in the grand scheme of things. You either believe by faith or choose not to and risk the consequences.

Newbie Lazy Man may be famous one day Lazy Man may be famous one day Lazy Man's Avatar
    Thanks

I bealive in God so yes I think he does exist and I do have faith

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

Which is why it is called faith, how much faith does it require to believe something or someone is God if they are continuously proving themselves. Not to mention some people would not believe and try to disclaim not matter how much proof you gave them. More so if they are God why would they need to continuously prove themselves to lower beings? If you are looking for God to come down from Heaven and give you proof then tuff luck, you just aren't important enough in the grand scheme of things. You either believe by faith or choose not to and risk the consequences.
    I beleive in faith in things like a god are inportant...but to me, the christian faith is more or less unknown to me. Even though I am christian more than any other faith, I would have to have been there...er...2006 to 2036 years ago and seen him in using his power given to him by his father to really beleive in what I am told today. Fat chance that happening too. I also spend time on sundays when I do go to church, thinking of the ways that what the pretcher says isn't what happened and how it could have been mistaken in history. It really makes the 1 1/2 fly by quick.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Jesus is referenced in several non-bibical sources. Here is a few links to articles detailing some of the references:
    Indeed. That's right. I am not sure if most people know of this, but his name is mentioned in ancient scriptures of Hinduism, but not in the scriptures of Buddhism because Buddhists accept Hinduism, so what's there in the scriptures of Hinduism is acknowledged. I want to say more, but I will add more once some of my lovelies ask more questions.

Otaku Silenced_Shadow may be famous one day Silenced_Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course he exist he is not a figment of our imagination, like NB said the second coming and soon. But then I cant make you believe what you dont want to, but I hope people accept God and Jesus into their hearts.

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc
    I beleive in faith in things like a god are inportant...but to me, the christian faith is more or less unknown to me. Even though I am christian more than any other faith, I would have to have been there...er...2006 to 2036 years ago and seen him in using his power given to him by his father to really beleive in what I am told today.
    A.D. Means Anno-Domini. Which in the other language(forgot which one) means, "The year of the lord". This is his birth year. If you go back 2000 years, you would meet Jesus as he's/she's 6 years old. (Just to point that out)

I am christian and do beleive the bible and that God exists.
    How would someone within the bounds of time be able to keep up with all the deaths in this world? He/She couldn't. It's impossible. God is outside of time, he/she can see anything at any time he/she wants to. God had to come into the being of time to die. So why do it again if the world's sins are already paid for in that one trip to time? God won't come back into time unless he/she want's to return for the rapture, so you won't get any proof any time you want it(Unless you want the rapture in a few min.).

(Just another point-out)
    If God is outside of time, that means he/she could slip out of time and come back in 5 thousand years and only be 1 sec. to him/her in out time unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced_Shadow
    Of course he exist he is not a figment of our imagination, like NB said the second coming and soon. But then I cant make you believe what you dont want to, but I hope people accept God and Jesus into their hearts.
    Impossible to know.
    Last edited by Kool2bchilln; Apr 04, 2006 at 06:59 PM.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus was a guy that was the son of God!! Nobody can prove or disapprove that statement. If he really did exist then is kool i don't give a coin and if he didn't exist then is kool. The bible was written by man, that's why some people think that the jesus mumbo jumbo is a just a folktale. Maybe is true maybe not, we would never know.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln
    A.D. Means Anno-Domini. Which in the other language(forgot which one) means, "The year of the lord". This is his birth year. If you go back 2000 years, you would meet Jesus as he's 6 years old. (Just to point that out)

I am christian and do beleive the bible and that God exists.
    How would someone within the bounds of time be able to keep up with all the deaths in this world? He/She couldn't. It's impossible. God is outside of time, he/she can see anything at any time he/she wants to. God had to come into the being of time to die. So why do it again if the world's sins are already paid for in that one trip to time? God won't come back into time unless he/she want's to return for the rapture, so you won't get any proof any time you want it(Unless you want the rapture in a few min.).

(Just another point-out)
    If God is outside of time, that means he/she could slip out of time and come back in 5 thousand years and only be 1 sec. to him/her in out time unit.

Impossible to know.
    The words "Anno-Domini" are latin, and while does mean "In the year of the Lord" it does not necessarily mean it started in the exact year of the "Lord's" birth, most scholars believe Jesus was born in 3 A.D. below is a link with more than you will ever want to know about the subject of Anno-Domini! Enjoy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast