Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Recently my mother & I had a discussion about suicide & people we knew who thought about it (including ourselves) or done it...

Our conversation was leaning towards this:

Is/was that person selfish, inconsiderate, a coward, & did he/she take the easy way out.??

Was there a lack of faith/God &, if so does/did it make their decision any easier.??

We didn't agree on everything each other was saying, so I would like to hear what the people on AO has to say...

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Recently my mother & I had a discussion about suicide & people we knew who thought about it (including ourselves) or done it...

Our conversation was leaning towards this:

Is/was that person selfish, inconsiderate, a coward, & did he/she take the easy way out.??

Was there a lack of faith/God &, if so does/did it make their decision any easier.??

We didn't agree on everything each other was saying, so I would like to hear what the people on AO has to say...
    I think that it is a bit selfish but most people who will do it are suffering from mental or emotional problems that weren't addressed. A fath in god doesn't have anything to do with thoes issues.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    I think that it is a bit selfish but most people who will do it are suffering from mental or emotional problems that weren't addressed. A fath in god doesn't have anything to do with thoes issues.
    That is my mother talking: bringing faith/God into the conversation, but it did make some sense in what she was trying to say...

I know when thinking about suicide that God is probably one of the last people you are thinking about, but/or he could be the first person...

I brought faith/God into the mix cause he could be one of the main reasons why he/she didn't commit suicide or even ones' self...

I asked does it make it any easier, if a person has lack of the presence of faith/God for the simple fact that the person doesn't/don't think of their well-being in the after life...

For ex: I say I didn't kill myself cause I didn't want to go to hell, but if you don't have faith/God does it make a decision like that any easier.??

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    I brought faith/God into the mix cause he could be one of the main reasons why he/she didn't commit suicide or even ones' self...

I asked does it make it any easier, if a person has lack of the presence of faith/God for the simple fact that the person doesn't/don't think of their well-being in the after life...

For ex: I say I didn't kill myself cause I didn't want to go to hell, but if you don't have faith/God does it make a decision like that any easier.??
    Sometimes, faith is the reason people kill themselves. I've heard countless stories of Catholic people, who just so happen to be homosexual, killing themselves because it's against thier beliefs and they figure they're going to hell either way. (But most Catholics think they're going to hell no matter what the reason, it seems.)

I personally think that suicide is the easy way out. That person couldn't deal with the hand dealt to him/her and tried to run away, so-to-speak. I will admit that in my hours of depression and anxiety--depending on the degree of the situation--I've considered it. But I'm no punk. I don't wanna take the easy way out. I decide every time that life is worth living through to the finish. Y'know, just to see how it pans out in the long run.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Well lets see....

first off Faith has nothing to do with this subject.(that is my belief)
    commiting suicide is selfish, the reason I say this is because the person who commits it. is not thinking about the loved ones that they are leaving behind...
    I can speak from experience as my aunt has tried many times, but I believe that it is just a cry for help...
    as for being a coward, I cannot say....

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    Coming from a Catholic house, I've heard card brought into everything. If you do soemthing wrong..."you don't have faith"....if you are having problems "have some faith". When it comes to suicide, faith has nothing to do with it. I don't know if it's selfish. As long as they don't hurt anyone else in the matter then it would be okay. People die everyday. Killing yourself is no different then if you were killed by a drunk driver. The family and friends would just put the blame on something else.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm....yes it is a little.people have so much to live for.even if you think you don't its true.theres at least one person out there who loves and cares about you.if you die then that person is sad. you died cause you thought know one likes you or loves you. that is selfish....

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

i believe mudder is selfish, suicide branded w/ that stigma because of some ninny back when the bible was writen, does say any about it in the old t. we have 2 many humans already. don't u know what happens 2 a species when it over populates an area? when we start eating each other remember "I TOLD U SO"
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast