Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga_TheLost View Post
    Killing yourself is no different then if you were killed by a drunk driver. The family and friends would just put the blame on something else.
    Not true. The physiological impact for the family and friends of successful suicide is increased.

Grief After Suicide

Among other issues the friends and family of someone who commits suicide is more likely to follow suit.

Is it cowardice? I believe it can be, simply taking the "easy" way out. However I would also say many of those who contemplate suicide are not in their right mind.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

As Shonen once said (I think) suicide is purest form of self criticism.
    And I agree with him as some aspects, but as an answer to original question was that
    person selfish or not it's hard to answer if you we don't take deeper look to reasons that
    cause person to make suicide.
    Like, if person is badly injured cos' of car crash or something like that, suicide isn't always
    selfish act. Sometimes people who commit suicide think that it decreases amount of pain
    his/hers relatives would have to go through without suicide. But in cases like deep
    depression I would say that person committing suicide is just too tired to keep fighting anymore.
    Well at least I would...

ps. I'm more than happy to share more of my opinions if interested. Hit me with pm and give what you think/like to hear.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Newbie Pentdragon is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    first off Faith has nothing to do with this subject.(that is my belief)...
    Am I the only one who recognizes the irony in that...

By any means, suicide is a choice made when someone decides their life holds no hope, which to me seems impossible, no matter what situation you find yourself in; you ought to be able to find some hope. If guilt of the past and stress for your future are that oppressive, then live for the moment, it sounds cheesy, but in this day and age people tend to settle into a pattern, which can become a rut, and day after day they start to lose track of their purpose until they think they don't have anything to live for. We call it selfish, because we're all enduring our ruts, but they give up. No one can force you to live in a box, we build the walls ourselves, but sometimes you can start to convince yourself that there's nothing outside of it...

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pentdragon View Post
    Am I the only one who recognizes the irony in that...

By any means, suicide is a choice made when someone decides their life holds no hope, which to me seems impossible, no matter what situation you find yourself in; you ought to be able to find some hope. If guilt of the past and stress for your future are that oppressive, then live for the moment, it sounds cheesy, but in this day and age people tend to settle into a pattern, which can become a rut, and day after day they start to lose track of their purpose until they think they don't have anything to live for. We call it selfish, because we're all enduring our ruts, but they give up. No one can force you to live in a box, we build the walls ourselves, but sometimes you can start to convince yourself that there's nothing outside of it...
    ...You beginning to sound like my mother in a way: She stated that, if you have hope/faith you probably could of prevailed through any obsatcle that life has thrown your way...

Believing that your faith/hope/God will help you be triumphant & aid you through any situation that has occured in his/her life...

I thought that a person was being selfish, inconsiderate, a coward, & taking the easy way out, but then again I thought it was wrong for me to suggest/think or say things like that cause I wasn't in that person's shoes & plus I have thought about it myself including my mother at one point in time...

We just had the sense to think of everyone/everything we was leaving behind & that our will of hope/faith/God will pull us through...

But if a person actually has nothing or no one why should I think/believe that they would have hope/faith.?? Is it wrong for me to call them selfish, inconsiderate, a coward, & say they took the easy way out.??

Isn't it hard to take ones' own life.?? (It was for me)> Doesn't that make me a coward.?? Don't usually when people take their own life they believe they are doing it for the better.?? < So how does that make them selfish or inconsiderate.??

Those are some of the question that was brought up in the discussion...

Otaku Bowling Champion Tifa Lockhart is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Is/was that person selfish, inconsiderate, a coward, & did he/she take the easy way out.??
    That person is indeed selfish, inconsiderate and a coward. He/she did not think about family and friends' feelings or grief if he/she had done that.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

In many cases, it's those who hold no faith in God, then feel abandoned by their family, friends and society that succumb to suicide more than those who still believe that someone/something will help them out of their despair. Saying faith has nothing to do with it does seem wrong in many ways o_O.

Some religions say suicides go to hell, which may scare certain people away from the thought. Some countries brainwash their population into believing that suicides are the right way to go...

And in some countries (I think Japan would fall in this category) believe that it was the fault of society itself which caused this person to go astray. Hence the suffering for those left behind is even greater, because they'd feel ashamed and guilty that they could not help the individual out. That's just what I think :\.
    関西は最高やねん

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

well it depends how u see it. many people that are suffering would kill for our livs, however fcuked up it might be. if you commit suicide, you ARE a coward. many times in life you do not know where to turn, but that is what family is for. if your family shunned you, they will always love you an come to your help. but again ppl say that life is a right and not a privalege, and its our decision how to treat it. it can go both ways... :/

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely think its an act of cowardice. It takes more courage to live and get thru life when its tough. Suicide is the easy way out.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast