Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

NightFox pretty much made my opinion clear enough (yes, that is indeed what I said), so all that there's left is to ask this: Isn't it just as, or even more so, selfish to NOT let someone commit suicide? Think about it

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga_TheLost View Post
    Coming from a Catholic house, I've heard card brought into everything. If you do soemthing wrong..."you don't have faith"....if you are having problems "have some faith". When it comes to suicide, faith has nothing to do with it. I don't know if it's selfish. As long as they don't hurt anyone else in the matter then it would be okay. People die everyday. Killing yourself is no different then if you were killed by a drunk driver. The family and friends would just put the blame on something else.
    That's some ol' bull s***! Killing yourself if FAR different than getting hit by a car and dying or being shot or anything else outside of suicide! Killing yourself is a b**** move! Killing yourself is what you do when the future is "too scary" or if you're "tired of being depressed all the time". Suicide is a gateway for cowards to run through when the going get's too tough! Worry looks around, sorry looks back, faith looks up and if you're contemplating suicide you're looking down. I, for one, prefer looking forward.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I definitely think its an act of cowardice. It takes more courage to live and get thru life when its tough. Suicide is the easy way out.
    Yes, suicide is easy way out in some cases, like deep depression. But is it
    act of coward...I would still say no. During last 12months at university I have
    met many people who have suffered from depression, but somehow got through
    it. And almost every single one of them has thought committing suicide,
    cos they have actually lost interest to live...and only cos' few friends kicking
    them back to their feet they are still here with us.
    But in cases like that suicide is only easy way out, not act of cowardice, cos
    at that point there is nothing afraid off...to them death is just something to look forward to, as sad as that is.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    Yes, suicide is easy way out in some cases, like deep depression. But is it
    act of coward...I would still say no. During last 12months at university I have
    met many people who have suffered from depression, but somehow got through
    it. And almost every single one of them has thought committing suicide,
    cos they have actually lost interest to live...and only cos' few friends kicking
    them back to their feet they are still here with us.
    But in cases like that suicide is only easy way out, not act of cowardice, cos
    at that point there is nothing afraid off...to them death is just something to look forward to, as sad as that is.
    Thank you! Suicide is for cowards! I won't lie, I've thought about it before. But, I'd rather live life to the fullest and see where my path takes me. Life isn't so scary when you think of it on a bigger scale. The present is nothing more than what it is... The present. The past means nothing and the future isn't in our grasp, so why taint it by killing yourself. The future only looks bleak when you make it so. Asking all kinds of "what ifs" and worrying about the past will lead you nowhere but to Doom City, where it's populace contemplates suicide on a daily basis.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout
    Thank you! Suicide is for cowards!
    Somehow I get the feeling you're looking through other people's posts very quickly and seeing only what you want to see. NightFox never said anything like that, in fact, he stated the opposite

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Recently my mother & I had a discussion about suicide & people we knew who thought about it (including ourselves) or done it...

Our conversation was leaning towards this:

Is/was that person selfish, inconsiderate, a coward, & did he/she take the easy way out.??

Was there a lack of faith/God &, if so does/did it make their decision any easier.??

We didn't agree on everything each other was saying, so I would like to hear what the people on AO has to say...

There IS no easy way in life, first of all. Killing yourself is just as hard as living. You'd go through images and visions of every moment of the life you have spent.

Most of the time, if we think a suicide in a specific or generalized view, we are bound to think that the person who killed himself / herself was selfish, inconsiderate, a coward. And yes, we would also assume that he or she lost his or her faith in God and every aspect of life.
    But we don't see that the might have done all of us a favour and escaped the pain, but then again, that is lame.

A person killshimself because his or her partner left, or job and money problems, relations, loss, grieve and the list is endless.
    It can also be drived by low - self esteem and lack of faith to oneself, not just God and people in general.

People who have literally and virtually no way out of their [endless] suffering, they realize that it makes no difference whatsoever if they live or die. Assuming they don't have anyone to support them.

They can either retalliate and do something, or just give up and die. Survival of the fittest, remember?

Sometimes, I think that people don't actually know what love and life are, to be honest. People don't realize that the things they complain about is what makes life worthwhile living! Nothing is life is EVER perfect ... so give up the hope that it will be. Life is imperfect so you can live it with challenge. You know?

Anyway, people who kill themselves are not usually selfish, theydon't want to drag everyone down with their despair, henceforth they kill themselves, and redeem themselves.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Well maybe they don't know there being selfish, but they are. As long as there are ppl that care about them and don't want them to die, committing suicide is selfish. By not thinking about them and what it will do to them is selfish act in my opinion. I mean if your some bum on the street with no family, now that would be different.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    As long as there are ppl that care about them and don't want them to die, committing suicide is selfish. By not thinking about them and what it will do to them is selfish act in my opinion. I mean if your some bum on the street with no family, now that would be different.
    Well, that is one way to look at it, and I respect your opinion. But reason
    why I replied is that in your post you bring up social aspect.
    Being a bum with no family makes suicide more "acceptable" as in matter of
    selfish act or not. But in all cases social status of person committing suicide
    makes big difference how we feel about righteousness of that particular case.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast