Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To Die is 1 thing, but to Kill Yourself Is Selfish...

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    Of course the death of a person is a tragedy but they did it on their own terms so we have no right to judge or criticize them.
    First, of all...getting the right attitude to write answers to debate posts
    seems to be problem for some of us, but now to my answer.
    You're right that persons death is tragedy and we shouldn't criticize or judge
    them...without knowing backgrounds of that person. But the ugly truth is
    that suicide is commonly thought as selfish act as default. Sometimes it may
    be one. I ain't saying that every suicide is, but some of them are. As sad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Them being so close to you, you cry. You go to thier funeral and everyone there cries. And they're all thinking the same thing you probably would think to if your family or friends killed themselves, "That was f****** selfish!!" Think I'm wrong?
    Are you wrong...Actually, in some cases yes.
    You have to think about the person committing to suicide, if suicide was
    selfish act the person who committed it was thinking only about himself.
    But sometimes people commit suicide to ease others suffering.
    Even then it's categorized as selfish act by people, but when time passes by
    and relatives and friends may realize that reason why he/she committed it
    was to help them, not to escape the reality.
    Depression is kinda tricky when it goes as far as suicide, cos' without seeing
    into that persons mind we can't tell what were the reasons for him/her to
    leave this world. And until we can, we can't judge that act as selfish.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

That's some ol' bull s***! Killing yourself if FAR different than getting hit by a car and dying or being shot or anything else outside of suicide! .

I dunno about that. last October... (damn almost a year ago on the nose) I nearly lost my life (as you know). Now... I wasn't trying to kill myself at that moment. But I had made some morbid comment about not living much longer, just the night before it happened.

Had I died... it would have been MY fault, for driving drunk. So... essentially in my case it was almost the same thing as suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post

Since no one has really stated what type of suicide ( we seem to be leaning towards depression based?) What about Euthenaisa ( excuse my bad spelling). If one is really suffereing that much and they know there is no end to it ( talking terminal illness) is that still selfish? cowerdice?
    Thank you SOOOO much for bringing that up! I was wondering when someone would defend those who end their lives because the quality of living is absent. Say you're bed-ridden, comatose, braindead... Are you selfish to end it then? I certainly don't think so! Infact if I were a loved one of someone suffering to that extent I might consider assisting if that were what they wanted. My mother and I have made a pact that we would do the other in if things got that bad and there was no hope for recovery.

Them being so close to you, you cry. You go to thier funeral and everyone there cries. And they're all thinking the same thing you probably would think to if your family or friends killed themselves, "That was f****** selfish!!" Think I'm wrong?

In one of my brief stays in the nut house (yay for psych-issues!), my roomie had lost her husband to suicide. She only wished that there was something she could have done to prevent it.

The truth is, only SELFISH PEOPLE would call someone who took their life "selfish". If its someone you truely cared for who is gone... you'd be confused, hurt, maybe breifly angry.... But, mostly you would just be wondering what you could have done to make that persons life a bit easier. If its not someone you cared for, you have no place analyzing their circumstances. Period.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

not 2 sound morbid but, we all have a problem w/ cloning right? "it's not natural!" if that's the case let's put this into play ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE, nature's 1st law. i do not abide by this, my pancerus nolonger functions. i'm alive and shouldn't be, why go on? reason; childeren i have 1 but want more biological imperatives. i've actually tried 2 kill myself damn doctors . my whole exisitance violates all of natures laws. the more offspring i have the more i prepetuate diabettes.
    oh that suicide attempt OVER MY X, now that's stupidity
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

i think people killing themselves it stupid because they are going to effect people who cared for them i would say its a bit selfish but if the problem is a realtionship problem then there is no point in sucicide

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

totally, agree. i think u can go through bouts of depression, but u seriously need to get help.i also know tht most depression medication's side effects include thoughts of suicide, so i say talk to your friends and family to get through a bad situation. if u kill yourself, it's the cowardly way out of problems.

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

death is a purely natural part of life, everyday we put ourselves in a position that could kill us. are we icluding bad jugdement in the suicide catogory?
    also if i misspell anything please correct me, i like to be accurate
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Speaking from experience, when you are trying to commit suicide you don't think of it as selfish but as a way out. You are escaping from a problem that seems too large to get through. Also you are no longer rational. You want an end. It doesn't matter to you that you will leave someone behind or that what you are doing is cowardly. You just want that inner peace that you feel you are not attaining in life. It is a selfish course but at the time it doesn't seem that way.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Suicide is a cowardly done act by someone who lacks reality in his own dreams ... it is a total selfishness you kill yourself alone leaving the world to escape your destined harsh fate and bring sadness to everyone who loves you around you your whole life ... i believe that there's nothing as impossible so as long as one believes that he won't ever commit such stupidity ... and for the lack of faith that depends on the religion of the person and his faith in it and in hope overall ... i'm a muslim and i won't commit suicide no matter what let alone the fact that's suicide is already forbidden in my religion
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; Nov 18, 2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: font color
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast