+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Discrimination and sterotypes

Newbie Lelouch vi Britannia is off to a good start Lelouch vi Britannia's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Discrimination and sterotypes

Ok today me and some friends decide to go to this social club and i forgot the last thing. but i had brought up some question ( the one's below) and have of the people couldnt answer b/c they didnt want others to look or think bad on them. but heres the questions that alot of people stumbled on to answer

ANSWER HONESTLY OR DONT ANSWER AT ALL

1. Everybody is prejudice against something, Are you bold enough to admit what you are prejudice against?

2. Scenario: You see somebody you know who is drowning. This person has discriminated against you because of your race, gender, sexuality, etc. As a result you despise this person. Would you help him?

3. Why do we even care about someone's sexuality? Is it really any of our business?

4. Why do so many people assume that because a person is homosexual that they are extremely horny and want to rape everyone?

5. To all average men ! if someone called you a fag in front of your children what would you do? trying to settle a debate with a lawyer on a topic we were discussing here,he says its not a big deal to people, i say someone is in for a butt wooping.

6. Which minority do you think is the most discriminated against these days?

there more questions i wrote down, but i just want to c what u guys/ girls have to say about this

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Discrimination and sterotypes

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post

1. Everybody is prejudice against something, Are you bold enough to admit what you are prejudice against?

2. Scenario: You see somebody you know who is drowning. This person has discriminated against you because of your race, gender, sexuality, etc. As a result you despise this person. Would you help him?

3. Why do we even care about someone's sexuality? Is it really any of our business?

4. Why do so many people assume that because a person is homosexual that they are extremely horny and want to rape everyone?

5. To all average men ! if someone called you a fag in front of your children what would you do? trying to settle a debate with a lawyer on a topic we were discussing here,he says its not a big deal to people, i say someone is in for a butt wooping.

there more questions i wrote down, but i just want to c what u guys/ girls have to say about this
    1. I am prejudiced against stupid people. I avoid large groups of Americans watching football and drinking beer out of cans attached to their head. I'm prejudiced against politicians, most groups of Americans, girly-girls (to some extent), and anyone that doesn't cheer for the LA Lakers or Chivas USA.

2. I will help anyone in need if it is in my power to do so. Past transgressions wouldn't impair my judgement during those sorts of intense situations such as someone drowning.

3. "We?" Please refrain from speaking for me. But yes, it is my business to know if my significant other is sleeping with anyone besides me. That's grounds for a break up and possibly constitutes justifiable murder pending an HIV test.

4. What is with all these questions about sexuality. Given the purpose of this thread I imagine you're lying about not being a homophobic or are taking a line out of Trojan man's handbook.

5. I'm not a man, but I'd like to say that the average man in today's economy would probably just continue on with everyday routine. Or beat the crap out of the person that called them a name and then continue on with normal everyday life.
    And again, all these questions about sexuality speak volumes about what's really on your mind. . . .

6. Transgendered individuals. Although I think it depends on where you live.

Newbie Lelouch vi Britannia is off to a good start Lelouch vi Britannia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    1. I am prejudiced against stupid people. I avoid large groups of Americans watching football and drinking beer out of cans attached to their head. I'm prejudiced against politicians, most groups of Americans, girly-girls (to some extent), and anyone that doesn't cheer for the LA Lakers or Chivas USA.

2. I will help anyone in need if it is in my power to do so. Past transgressions wouldn't impair my judgement during those sorts of intense situations such as someone drowning.

3. "We?" Please refrain from speaking for me. But yes, it is my business to know if my significant other is sleeping with anyone besides me. That's grounds for a break up and possibly constitutes justifiable murder pending an HIV test.

4. What is with all these questions about sexuality. Given the purpose of this thread I imagine you're lying about not being a homophobic or are taking a line out of Trojan man's handbook.

5. I'm not a man, but I'd like to say that the average man in today's economy would probably just continue on with everyday routine. Or beat the crap out of the person that called them a name and then continue on with normal everyday life.
    And again, all these questions about sexuality speak volumes about what's really on your mind. . . .

6. Transgendered individuals. Although I think it depends on where you live.
    ur answer to # 4 " trojan man's handbook" i wrote these ?'s down at a meeting. so theres no T.M. handbook Here. and i'm not a homophobic.

? # 5- nothing on my mind really just felt like seeing what are your respones to these ?'s. thats all.

? # 3. well not you people in gerenal

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok today me and some friends decide to go to this social club and i forgot the last thing. but i had brought up some question ( the one's below) and have of the people couldnt answer b/c they didnt want others to look or think bad on them. but heres the questions that alot of people stumbled on to answer

Jesus Christ, more questions about sexuality. Oh Goody.

1. I'm prejuidice about how people act, never how they look. If someone does something really stupid in public, in my mind unconciously I will predetermine they are a dumbass. If I'm wrong, I'll mentally take it back.

2. If I can save a life, why not? Just because you hate someone doesn't mean you'll let them die. That's basically killing them. The only reason I would let them drown if it's Miley Cyrus or Nickelback. Not that I'm prejuidice against them, I just feel that the world would be better without them.

3. It's my business if I'm going to relantionship with them. If they're a stranger or just a friend I'm not living with, I don't really care either way.

4. No one assumes that. If you do, don't assume. Because you make an ass out of you and me.

5. People have called me that. I ignore it. Not many use that term any more. Not only is it dated, but I would explain to the kids what it means and why not to say it. Not many people should go beating up people in front of your own children. I've already had enough of that.

6. Going to have to agree with Tula, and say Transgenders. They're quite misunderstood, and most people label them as freaks right off the bat.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Everybody prejudges. Everyone. I admit it. It's like I say, "I'm not racist/prejudice, I hate everyone equally," LOL. Seriously though, I'd have to say that I do tend to prejudge when it comes to black people (only because I'm mixed and I've had some bad experiences with black people). Not racist against them. I like most black folk, but I do have a tendency to judge a black guy before I interact with him. I can't help it. I put up my defenses as soon as one prepares to speak with me. I suppose it would be different if so many black people didn't try to perpetuate a negative stereotype. >_<

*Blub, blub, blub, gurgle...* No, I'm kidding. I suppose I'd help the person. Karma is a bitch and I don't want that bouncing back on me, y'know?

I don't know about "us," or "we" but, I know that I don't care about someone else's sexuality. If a person wants to bump uglies with someone of the same gender, who am I to stop them? It's not my place to say what's right or wrong in someone else's bedroom.

Prison movies, I suppose.

Well, gay or not--fag is a derogatory word and is highly disrespectful. I have gay friends and I know at least one or two who would beat some serious ass over that. Me, I'd probably do it just to stop the person from using the word anymore. If he called me a n*gger, I'd beat his ass, so why not?

Black people and Mexicans, no doubt. It's been that way with black people for as long as I can remember--I guess I kinda fan the flames a bit--and I don't think a single day goes by without me hearing at least one person pull a Mexican joke out of nowhere. But I suppose it depends on the area you live in.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Yes, of course I have prejudices. If I see someone the first time, I have prejudices, if I hear of someone the first time, I have prejudices, if I see a picture I have prejudices against that person. It happens subconsciously. It's only natural to make yourself a first impression of someone who you do not know.
    However, I try to avoid having prejudices against groups, that's where the danger lies in my opinion.

Yes. That's simple. I might despise this person, but I would definitely try to safe him/her.
    I don't care about sexuality. Absolutely not. And no, it's not any of our business.
    I never heard anyone assuming that, and I'm happy about that, because that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.
    I wouldn't care one second about a person who'd call me a fag. I'd ignore him, go away and warn my children to never become like him. But how I really react is hard to say, it all depends on the situation.
    Although I don't see myself as an average man.

Still too many. Transgenders are very discriminated though.
    Last edited by lapislazuli; Aug 06, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Filipinos, the Burmese and the media, and especially when they are mixed. I had to deploy to the Philippenes country 15 days after being back from iraq and still hate the archipeligo. I also was assigned to provide aid to refugees in Burma but couldn't get in the country. When are people going to actual take care of themselves. The sweat and smell lingers.

2. No I would not.

3. I don't life is to short take you pleasure where you can find it there is little enough of it in this world to begin with. Gays and Lesbians are not ruining the sanctity of marriage, Britney Spears and J.Lo were doing that way before same-sex marriage became a hot issue.v Only time it would be my business is if it was a public servant in which case I still would not care.

4. Rape is a heterosexual phenomenon in most cases. Even when it involves a guy raping another guy.

5. Beat them down.

6. The Karen and Jews. One has been oppressed since time the others are being rounded up and killed.

Newbie Hayato is off to a good start Hayato's Avatar
    Thanks

1) prejudice is a tricky word..."racism" is used alot more than it needs to be, and mostly in moronic ways that are in now way racist...but I guess I'm prejudice against others who are prejudice and don't admit it...
    2) I'd save them because then they'd owe me..always nice to have an ace up your sleve
    3) I don't care...I am Catholic but I approach that scientifically
    if your gay, big deal...as long as you don't try to force that on me, I say live and llet live
    4) What the?! I don't believe that...I know some gay people who are NOT like that so...yeah...it's from TV for Pete's sake...TV...the place where everything comes together in the end in a happy and humorous way...it's as far from reality as The Little Meraid
    5) I would take him outside and tell him "don't you ever call me that in front of my kids again or you'll wish you'd never opened your big mouth" then I'd go inside and never speak to them again
    6) whites are descriminated against as much as blacks (I KNOW WHITES ARE MAJORITY but they are descriminated against as well and I'd like to bring that up)
    example: there was a fire fighter test that everone took for a promotion...the ONLY people that passed were white...so the black fire fighters sued saying it was "descriminatory"...the judge threw that out...BUT the white firemen then countersued saying it was reverse descrimination against the white firemen who passed...that went through and the test was not thrown out.
    think about ALL the bonus points minorites get because of that...bt whites get jack squat...that's racist...
    and one last thing: whenever I go on youtube and tell people I didn't vote for Obama, everyone IMMEDIATELY calls me racist, but I've never shown my face so how do they know I'm white?! racism plain and simple
    look at movies like Undercover Brother...that was bashing on whites the entire time yet no one sued...it was a funny movie, but it was racist
    the wind that fiercly whirls about

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast