+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disposable Family

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Disposable Family

Lately I have been having a lot of problems with my family. I dont relate very well to them and they to me. My grandmother accused me of stealing from her (which I would never do, and have no reason to) and has disowned me. She was never very affectionate and I find myself not really thinking about her or missing her. None of the rest of my family tried to patch things up or even ask my side of the story. In fact they havnt even called me and its been a year. So my question is do you have "disposable" family? and is it ok to just disassociate yourself from them? I mean dont get me wrong I do have family that really love and care about me but I feel like some are indifferent to the existance of our relationship. What do you think?

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disposable Family

i dont know if disposable is the right word. your grandmother clearly has problems, and you should never disown someone, no matter what happens, uless they like kill another family member, in which case theyd be locked up anyways.

you just need to go on with your life and not worry about it

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i agree i mean why let family that has shunned you make you feel
    guilty? i have the same problem pretty much but i just go on with life
    not letting them bother me. infact its been years since i have seen
    a few family members i thought i was close with but i didn't let bother
    me because if they wanted to talk i am here if not there loss. you should
    think the same way.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie Count Saint Germain may be famous one day Count Saint Germain may be famous one day
    Somewhere dark lonely and infested with spiders
    Thanks

You're actually supose to love and respect your family, but if they don't love and respet you they're not really acting like a family themselfs, are they?
    Just act towards them as they act towards you, but just try not be the reason they're acting that way towards you.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Count Saint Germain View Post
    Just act towards them as they act towards you, but just try not be the reason they're acting that way towards you.
    I don't think that is going to make the situation any better.
    If you do that, then your just bringing yourself down the their level and your just as bad.

If you have done nothing wrong, then don't worry about it. Just act normal. You still have your family that cares for you, so that's all that matters. I had the same sort of issue with my grand mother once, I just ignored it and kept going on with my life.

If you are sure that you have done nothing wrong, then it is them who have the problem. Acting the same way to them, as they treat you will just agrevate things further, and prove their point.

Newbie Count Saint Germain may be famous one day Count Saint Germain may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well I guess you do have a point, but what if they treat you like Cinderella's stepmother and -sisters treated her?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

well I am presuming here, that she? lives away from the family that are giving her that sort of problem (by saying that they haven't called her) am I right?. So I doubt that they are treating her like Cinderella's stepmum was lol.
    But either way, you bite back, your just as bad

Thanks

I'm actually taking about any family's problem, not one in particular.
    Ever heard the expresion "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth"?
    If you ask me it comes down to the same thing, if your family disrespects you, why aren't you allowed to disrespect them?
    I'm not talking about small things, like your dad getting mad because you didn't take out the trash. I'm talking about senceless things like your mom being mad because came out as a boy not a girl.(I don't think I'd like to comunicate with someone like that.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast