+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Disposable Family

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disposable Family

That's tough considering I have never been in a situation where one of my family members disowned me or didn't speak to me. What you are going through is hard and you are in a caught up in a controversal dilema. I suppose it might be for the best if you tried moving on with your life and making the best of who and what you've got.

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't believe in the "disposable" word. Your family never can be disposable. One thing is you have troubles with all the members of your family and other is disposable'em.

Maybe you need to talk with'em and fix all the problems talking. Or you can go away and search for a new single life. It's your choice. But always keep on mind this: the family is the first thing for a happy life. And in one moment of your future you made one too.

Ehh, i'm happy with my family too! They have the most important thing on my life.
    "Knowledge is power"

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to watch Brady Bunch and compared them to the "married with children" Bundy Family. Al bundy certainly wants to dispose of his family. The Brady bunch just talked their way out of any problem. This is the first time I've heard of families being "disposable". I usually hear the word "dysfunctional". My family had it shares of up and downs, deaths of relatives, screaming, shouting, sibling rivalry, pride, arrogance, car accidents, money problems, mental illness, callousness, bad words, suicide attempts, and pregnancies. My family is still together...sometimes I want to be close on holidays and graduations.. sometimes I think they don't exist. My family is not very lovey dovey. Communication is hard. Sometimes they can be downright apathetic. But family like love takes effort. It is not always rosy, but sometimes I watch the Bundy family and can laugh... since it is the only thing my sanity can grip... a sense of humour. My family could be worse. I stay aloof though since in the end... l know that the road to love or the road to that Norman Rockwell painting of a family Thanksgiving isn't really perfect. I wouldn't dispose of my family though with its ups and downs because sometimes there are moments when a family member confides with me their deepest fears and I do too so in that moment we connect. I know these people I call my family aren't perfect and that they will not be in my life forever,so I can hang on to a certain truth about them and that is that nothing in life is meant to be perfect.. sometimes far from perfect...that in the end love prevails by having tried to connect. That is the most anyone could do... because even in my misery, I know I'm not alone. Compared to the Bundy Family, my family doesn't seem half as bad. lol

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmmm, you have right in some things. Hmmm, well, you can go away, starting to living alone in another place, a single male life. The distance maybe help you. Your parents miss you and you too miss'em. Try it, maybe works.
    "Knowledge is power"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3