+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine lineage?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Divine lineage?

Ok, so sunday is my day to rest and relax (so are some of the other days of the week).

Anyway, today I rented a couple of movies. One of which was the movie Bloodline. It is a documentary that seeks to find truth, by delving into a theory surronding the possibilty of there being a bloodline of Christ. (Like in the Divinci Code). More specifically it puroses that Mary Magdeline and Jesus Christ, were married and had children.

What is unquie to this documentary, is that it didn't just toss around a theory... its a claimed "discovery" of certain items which are belived to be (not proven) items that further suddgest this union of marriage. They also claimed to have discovered a tomb and corpse, that is believed to somehow tie into this. (In the film, it purposed that perhaps it could be the corpse of Mary Magdeline herself.)

If you want a first hand look at the documentary, go here:
    Bloodline - The Movie - Official Website

While this documentary didn't have much in the way of proof. it did provide a slew of new potential evidence that deserves further investigation. And certainly, this theory of Christs bloodline existing, cannot be debunked.

My question is What do you think about this thoery of Christ being a lover, husband, and father?
    If, somehow this were proven to be the case, or if there turned outo be substaintial evidence supporting it.... How could that change the face of Christianity, as we know it today?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Divine lineage?

Due to the fact that Christ was an actual person i find it to be intensely possible that there are people who share his bloodline.

Had there been more proof and less speculation, perhaps i would be more interested in finding these things out, because from what ive seen, many things involving Christ have been little more than a religious fanatic's personal speculation.

But as to how it would change Christianity, i doubt it would change much of anything. There are only two instances in which i can see a radical change:
    1. Jesus had a child while commiting adultery
    2. His descendant starts the second coming.
    Why hello there!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

But as to how it would change Christianity, i doubt it would change much of anything.
    I think the biggest issue would be how the world would take the deception of the church. The bible. It would go against the story that billions of people have fed into... Which is that Jesus was the son of God, and was celabit. But then again, according to The Bible jesus was born of a virgin... a story which has always been a bit preposterous in my opinion. Which is why many stories the church try to pass of as "history" seem more sci-fi to me.

Another theory that is intermeshed in this, is that Mary (Magdeline) removed Jesus' body from the tomb (he survived crucifixion) , and that they fled to France. If that were true it would indicate that there was no ressurection. Which would challenge the devinity of Christ.

I personally would LOVE to view Christ as a husband and father. But I doubt the world would accept it, even if there were proof.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The whole idea that Jesus Christ never married or had kids is crazy. First off, he was a Rabbi. which in those times ment that he had to be married. Second, if he was married, he would be breaking the Gods commandment (Go forth and multiply) if he didn't at least try to have kids.

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over this.

Thanks

Oh, I agree with you.

I would've expected Jesus to live a normal life. I also believe that he was concieved normally (not by a virgin).

I just think the uproar would be caused because, if Jesus were married it would go aganst what so many people were taught. Not only do people believe the story the church tells... but they've formed certain religious principals around it. And it would also cause everything Christianity teaches (as truth) to be scrutinized.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    And it would also cause everything Christianity teaches (as truth) to be scrutinized.
    As it should be. Christianity as a whole has been twisted and "reimagined" too many times in its 2000 year existance (most of it being done by the Catholic Church, since it's one of the oldest) It's a mark of a good scholar to question what is put in front of you, not to diminish what the subject is, but to learn more about said subject. Only then will the truth be known.

Thanks

I suppose it is long overdue (If it were to happen) that the ideals of the church be challenged. My only fear is a mass hysteria. I know there will be religious extremist who would flip out at the thought of someone finding evidence that might negate the "gospels". What I fear... are the people who've based their life around the stories of the church. Stories which they believe to be the word of God. It is so sad, that even if something were proven to be a lie... People would NEED to believe the lie, more than they would ever accept a different (possibly true) version.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus, even as a son of god, was human and a rabbi. Everyone has urges, and needs, so why wouldnt he marry? thats what the problem really is since in the bible it states he basically was celebate his whole life. While it seems unatural that gods commandments state to go out and have children, Yet he did not.
    this is a touchy subject, because nobody really likes thier way of life being questioned. its all speculation on something that happened so long ago its hard to tell then truth from fiction.

Theres been so much speculation around christ, his life, how he died. people who follow it by the book, will continue going on believing what they had been taught their whole lives, call everyone who disagrees with them liars. thats what most people do anyway when something they have had planted in ther minds for so long tend to do.
    Its hard to accept something new, im not saying everyone will continue, there will be some who decide that mabe science is right, and try to turn things around, that would cause problems.

if somthing like this was to happen i guess it just depends on if they choose to believe it or not. Although there would be many people who disagree with this theroy, theres plenty more who would agree that it could have happened.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast