+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine lineage?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Divine lineage?

Actually there is away for a person to give birth with out having sex and that is a condition called Chimeraism. It's an EXSTREAMLY RARE birth defect do to having two different DNA in the same body, where some one has both reproductive organs, all be it not in the manner we know it as, and can have a child with literally with out having sex. How ever Chimeraism effects the person in other ways as well, in that they can be literally half white and half black with a seemingly line drawn down the middle of their body differentiating the two skin colors. Now I am on faith and I believe that if Mary gave birth to Christ as a virgin then she may have been a Chimera. And as for Christ being a celibate or not, no one can really say one way or the other because the Church in the middle ages and even before then did in fact "edit" certan things of the original Bible. How ever there are virtually no remains of the original book to compare it to. Like I said, I am of faith, and if Mary was a Chimera and if Christ was a father, that’s no big deal to me. How ever I do know for a fact many others out there wont accept even the idea of and all I can say is fine, what ever. I find the thought of Christ being a father more appealing, not to mention accurate.
    Last edited by Scourge; Sep 23, 2008 at 02:12 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    thats what the problem really is since in the bible it states he basically was celebate his whole life.
    Really? Where? I have never seen it nor know of anywhere in the bible where it says he was celibate. It says he was a rabbi however as has been pointed out which means he was married. I think you are confusing some churches creeds with actual biblical facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    How ever there are virtually no remains of the original book to compare it to.
    They have found bibles going back to the early AD's so there is something to compare with. Most of the "editing" that occurred was with the Old Testament while in the Jewish political system and issues in translation between Hebrew, Greek, and Latin to every other language.

PS. I have never read of any evidence of him actually having children however. The "french" theory has been proven to have been made up in the last century as a way of drawing tourists to certain locations.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

PS. I have never read of any evidence of him actually having children however. The "french" theory has been proven to have been made up in the last century as a way of drawing tourists to certain locations.
    How has it been proven to be made up? Proven is a very precise word... I doubt theres proof that Mary Magdeline and Jesus DIDN'T flee to france.. I mean if that were the case, why would this documentary get national, and even world wide media attention? And, thats not a hoax.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    How has it been proven to be made up? Proven is a very precise word... I doubt theres proof that Mary Magdeline and Jesus DIDN'T flee to france.. I mean if that were the case, why would this documentary get national, and even world wide media attention? And, thats not a hoax.
    Mainly that the guy who started the rumors and falsified the evidence has publicly admitted it. There is always those who would rather believe the rumors though so a documentary saying otherwise is hardly a surprise. I saw a documentary once that claimed the Allies choice of landing on D-Day was an inspired choice rather then the accident it really was. Or how about the guys responsible for the crop rings proving they did it and the alien fans saying they couldn't possible be responsible even after watching a video tape of them making one?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

But... thats not this situation here.

Just because someone has a theory, and they make up a story about it... Doesn't mean that the theory was proven to be false. Just the story.

In this case, several people share a theory... the theory has yet to be proven or debunked. All we have... are stories... This documentary claims that the film makers may have stumbled upon new evidence that ould prove that this theory (of Christ and Mary Magdeline.)... is true. Now if it were already proven to be false... Im sure Good Morning America, ABC, CNN, all those people wouldn't be interested.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    They have found bibles going back to the early AD's so there is something to compare with. Most of the "editing" that occurred was with the Old Testament while in the Jewish political system and issues in translation between Hebrew, Greek, and Latin to every other language.
    Thank you for correcting me on that and it's good to see you again.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Why, thank you Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    But... thats not this situation here.

Just because someone has a theory, and they make up a story about it... Doesn't mean that the theory was proven to be false. Just the story.

In this case, several people share a theory... the theory has yet to be proven or debunked. All we have... are stories... This documentary claims that the film makers may have stumbled upon new evidence that ould prove that this theory (of Christ and Mary Magdeline.)... is true. Now if it were already proven to be false... Im sure Good Morning America, ABC, CNN, all those people wouldn't be interested.
    You misunderstand. There is evidence that Christ was married, serious evidence. It's just the bit about them, or their kids, going to France that was falsified. The guy who did it wanted to attract tourists and it worked.

As for the news not being interested, of course they were. Those particular news outlets can't wait to publish anything that might be considered in any way damaging to Christianity no matter how ridiculous, implausible, or misunderstood it is. It's not the first time and they'll probably wet themselves to get the next rumor out too.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

actually, in one of my friends reiligon, his bible states that christ was celibite. he told and showed me the page that stated christ was celibite all his life or God would not accept him when he died on the cross.
    Of course thats not what all bibles say that. in some he was, others he wasnt and was said to be married and have children, while another says he could have had homosexual relations

Why? i dunno,hes in one of those weird regilions thats extremly strict on the whole sex before marriage, and all that wonderful stuff thats says you'll burn in hell if you dont follow this exactly

personally i dont believe in any other this, theres just to much speculation around it, and its been proven alot of the stuff was created later after the first bible. stories, chnage over time, and when you mix religion into it, its just a competetion of whos right, and who's not. There can always be evidence of something, but it doesnt always make it the right answer, it just depends on who you talk to.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast