View Poll Results: Divorse The solution or the problem...?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Problem

12 75.00%
  • Solution

4 25.00%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is divorce the solution or the problem?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Is divorce the solution or the problem?

Divorce it is a brake of commitment.
    It is a solution when there is violence in between the couple. It is a solution when there is cheating in between.... it is not a solution when there are few disagreements between the couple....andthere are children in between....
    Divorce has become the fast way for some couples to end up their problems and avoid confrontation.... What do you think? has it become a problem or is it really a solution?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Is divorse the solution or the problem?

My parents divorced because my mother was unhappy, they were young, and weren't thinking about me. It sucks that they divorced, but what can I do? Nothing. Just love life the way it came.

I believe divorce is a problem when it involves a child. No matter the situation, when there are kids involved.. the couple should try and work out their differences. Isn't that what marriage is all about? Going through life together, helping each other through thick and thin? Yeah, there are going to be some rough spots, but suck it up, and deal.

If the marriage is a condition in which someone is taking advantage of their marriage, there is abuse, or continuous adultry.. AND the couple has already tried to get help, but nothing works. Then that marriage is on the rocks, and needs to be dealt with properly by a divorce.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    My parents divorced because my mother was unhappy, they were young, and weren't thinking about me. It sucks that they divorced, but what can I do? Nothing. Just love life the way it came.

I believe divorce is a problem when it involves a child. No matter the situation, when there are kids involved.. the couple should try and work out their differences. Isn't that what marriage is all about? Going through life together, helping each other through thick and thin? Yeah, there are going to be some rough spots, but suck it up, and deal.

If the marriage is a condition in which someone is taking advantage of their marriage, there is abuse, or continuous adultry.. AND the couple has already tried to get help, but nothing works. Then that marriage is on the rocks, and needs to be dealt with properly by a divorce.
    This post doesn't really make sense at all. You contradict everything you say.

"The couple should try and work ou their differences. Going through life together, helping each other through thick and thin? Yeah, they're going to be some rough spots, but suck it up, and deal." - White Wolf

"If the marriage is a condition in which someone is taking advantage of their marriage, there is abuse, or continuous adultry.. AND the couple has already tried to get help, but nothing works. Then that marriage is on the rocks, and needs to be dealt with properly by a divorce." - White Wolf

You kinda see how these two paragraphs clash at one another? Marriage is sacred and it is a commitment which should never be broken. Oh wait, it is ok to divorce under circumstances such as if there isn't a child involved or nothing can help piece things back together.

It seems you have conflicting view points on marriage and divorce because of what happened to your family, but it seems to cloud your judgement.

I agree with White Wolf's last paragraph. If nothing else works, if love is lost, and can't be rekindled, than the two shouldn't be together if they don't want to. Marriage is a open commitment, but that doesn't mean you have to stay married to love one another and make things work out. Besides the relationship between two people, marriage is just a piece of paper.
    Last edited by Tbaism; Apr 24, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Divorce it is a brake of commitment.
    It is a solution when there is violence in between the couple. It is a solution when there is cheating in between.... it is not a solution when there are few disagreements between the couple....andthere are children in between....
    Divorce has become the fast way for some couples to end up their problems and avoid confrontation.... What do you think? has it become a problem or is it really a solution?
    I think that divorce can be a solution but it is a problem at the same time... It depends if you have had kids or not... if you have it may be a solution to marrage problems but it does a number on the kids mentally and socially... if you don't have kids and there isn't one on the way it is a solution because then it only affects the spouses... but in my view it is a no win situation because you are still losing a part of your life...

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Woman: Stop gambling our morgage is 3 months behind

Man: No

Woman: If you don't stop gambling and pay back the money you owe I'm leaving you

*6 months later*

Woman: The mortgage is 6 months behind now I'm leaving you goodbye

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Woman: Stop gambling our morgage is 3 months behind

Man: No

Woman: If you don't stop gambling and pay back the money you owe I'm leaving you

*6 months later*

Woman: The mortgage is 6 months behind now I'm leaving you goodbye
    So do you think it is a solution or a problem?
    Wait! Are those two people even married?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps this is all a sign of a rapidly changing society.In the old days you could just take a woman and make her your wife or at least pay for her. When you did these things there was no way she could leave you no matter what. This post was serious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Perhaps this is all a sign of a rapidly changing society.In the old days you could just take a woman and make her your wife or at least pay for her. When you did these things there was no way she could leave you no matter what. This post was serious.
    You are completely side stepping the question. Is divorce a solution or the problem. Still havn't stated what your personal opinion is.

Considering taking a woman and buying them is called slavery, indentured servants, and rape pratically. That may have been common but at the same time they had real marriages going on as well.

Buying a woman is still done today - Ordered brides and such.
    Whether or not they could leave you is still done in certain cultures as well. The man chose when a divorce would happen, not the woman.

Again I ask you, what is your opinion on the matter?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast