+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do heroes exsist?

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Do heroes exsist?

This is an unsual question I'm rasing at the moment. I remeber telling someone once that heroes don't exsist, and that their is no such thing as a decent, honest person. I should know. Everone has a reson deep down for doing something, some personal motive. A lot of times, desparation, a craving to be acknowledged, or some kind of driving force such as a person's past will push them to do things that many would call heroic. But for them it was either do or die, or a chance to prove themselves.

It is in what experience I have, and I was introduced to what the real world was like a lot sooner than I would've liked, that there are indeed no heroes. Just people doing what they have to gain whatever they want.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Newbie Alchemy Champion RebbieChan is off to a good start RebbieChan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do heroes exsist?

I do agree that it is honestly unarguable that no matter what a person does, it is in some way for themselves too.
    That doesn't mean that it doesn't make someone a hero.
    Let's say someone sees someone drowning and they go to help them out. Yes, part of the reason why they helped was because they would feel guilty if something seriously happened to the drowning person. Regardless, every single person in the area knows they will feel guilty too, but they don't do anything to save the drowning person. They might alert someone else to clear their conscience, but otherwise they don't do anything. The person who actually does help them is a hero, they did what no one else was willing to do.

Besides guilt, people help people because they feel good after helping someone. Why does that make someone not a hero? Maybe it is partially about a feeling of satisfaction and/or ridding of guilt, they only feel that way because they know what they are doing is right (or at least hope is right).
    "Is it alright for me to believe in a future that everyone can live in happiness?"

Thanks

Unfortunately, you will see eventually that a lot of would be heroes are little more than a bunch of hacks trying to show everyone up. In the case of the drowning person, i'd jump in simply becasue I wouldn't want to deal with the drama and all the damn articles bitching about the idiot drowning. I may be one of the "good guys", as my friends like to call me, but that doesn't mean I am.

Newbie Rine is off to a good start Rine's Avatar
    Thanks

Does a hero exist?? DOES A HERO EXIST!!? DOTH HEROES EXIST!? HEROES EXIST DO!?! I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EARS!! YES! For most things in our lives, we have different values and principles based on our experiences, and that's why we feel lost sometimes, because we let those experiences pave our path instead of the beliefs in our heart! Listen to those beliefs in your heart, because those true heroes out there do. The countless stories of peoples lives remain unwritten, but heroes aren't bound to fiction, but tread the Earth, gaze upon the starry sky, and breath the same fresh air. SMILE!! DANCE!! SPIN IN CIRCLES!! FOAM AT THE MOUTH AND DRINK TEA!! AND LIVE! LLIIIIVVEE!!
    You're fighting for something you want... That calls for passion and guts!

hen
    Newbie hen is off to a good start hen's Avatar
    Thanks

in some point in your life there will be a time when you will need to do some 'heroic' things like going to war to fight for your country to prove something to the world or to save someone/thing precious to you, or just to satisfy your self but in the end that wont make you a real hero, you may look like a hero to others but at the same time a villain to some people, what matter is your will and freedom or I just watch too much anime.

Newbie Rine is off to a good start Rine's Avatar
    Thanks

No hen!! Don't doubt yourself! Your right a hero is usually not seen as so to everyone!! A type hero is someone brave, and courageous, who makes the toughest decision, pushes the limits, and willing to put everything on the on the line to defend what's important!! And there's a hero in everyone of us!
    You're fighting for something you want... That calls for passion and guts!

hen
    Newbie hen is off to a good start hen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rine View Post
    No hen!! Don't doubt yourself! Your right a hero is usually not seen as so to everyone!! A type hero is someone brave, and courageous, who makes the toughest decision, pushes the limits, and willing to put everything on the on the line to defend what's important!! And there's a hero in everyone of us!
    "a hero in everyone of us"? that's a positive way of thinking, lol but you may be right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hen View Post
    in some point in your life there will be a time when you will need to do some 'heroic' things like going to war to fight for your country to prove something to the world or to save someone/thing precious to you, or just to satisfy your self but in the end that wont make you a real hero, you may look like a hero to others but at the same time a villain to some people, what matter is your will and freedom or I just watch too much anime.
    I think you may be right where you watch too much anime. I often tell people that if they want heroes, go read a ****ing comic book or watch a movie. If you want reality, look at the people today-more often than not it turns into A); them just doing something because they want something in return, be it fame, fortune, the girl of their dreams, etc., or B); it was do or die time for them.

I'll give you an example: its been about 8-9 months ago when my parents had a house fire. I was the last one out because I was still inside when I heard my mother screaming about my brother still inside. I went back, found him in my sister's room, and got him out. It wasn't heroics, just coincidence that I was still inside at the time. For me it was very simple: do or die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast