+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do heroes exsist?

hen
    Newbie hen is off to a good start hen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do heroes exsist?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Fenix View Post
    I think you may be right where you watch too much anime. I often tell people that if they want heroes, go read a ****ing comic book or watch a movie. If you want reality, look at the people today-more often than not it turns into A); them just doing something because they want something in return, be it fame, fortune, the girl of their dreams, etc., or B); it was do or die time for them.

I'll give you an example: its been about 8-9 months ago when my parents had a house fire. I was the last one out because I was still inside when I heard my mother screaming about my brother still inside. I went back, found him in my sister's room, and got him out. It wasn't heroics, just coincidence that I was still inside at the time. For me it was very simple: do or die.
    well for your mother the most important part was you went back and got your brother out but you have a point there, I dont really believe that a pure hero exists in this world it doesnt matter what your motive/reason is because like I said before you may be a hero to others but at the same time a villain to some people or they dont really care because of ignorance, but I guess that's normal for us humans.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hen For This Useful Post:

Marcus Fenix (Jan 17, 2012)

Newbie Rine is off to a good start Rine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    i think you may be right where you watch too much anime. I often tell people that if they want heroes, go read a ****ing comic book or watch a movie. If you want reality, look at the people today-more often than not it turns into a); them just doing something because they want something in return, be it fame, fortune, the girl of their dreams, etc., or b); it was do or die time for them.

I'll give you an example: Its been about 8-9 months ago when my parents had a house fire. I was the last one out because i was still inside when i heard my mother screaming about my brother still inside. I went back, found him in my sister's room, and got him out. It wasn't heroics, just coincidence that i was still inside at the time. For me it was very simple: Do or die.
    na uh! What of the father who works tirelessly for his children everyday, never having a moment to breath, and commuting 2 hours to work every weekday for 10 years for the sake of his children? What off the mother who takes out life insurance just to be sure her kids will be alright, and doesn't want her children spending too much on her burial, because it would cost too much. What of the teenage boyfriend who's girlfriend is about to die if she doesn't get a heart transplant, and how he tells his mom that if he dies he wants her to arrange giving her his heart, and goes braindead that night, and thus saves her life. Those are only a few heroes!

If everyone was a hero, no one would be!!! We all have the potential to be one, but it takes displine the likes of which most will never know! I hear the adult speaking in you, but don't lose touch with the child in you who can't even spell logic, but still believes in magic!!
    You're fighting for something you want... That calls for passion and guts!

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Buddy, that magic was qaushed out of me some time ago. The only thing I have left to lose aside from my GF is my life. So yeah, chances are i will never be a hero and will probably never get in touch with that child again...I have too much but at the same time too little to lose.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Newbie Rine is off to a good start Rine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Fenix View Post
    Buddy, that magic was qaushed out of me some time ago. The only thing I have left to lose aside from my GF is my life. So yeah, chances are i will never be a hero and will probably never get in touch with that child again...I have too much but at the same time too little to lose.
    A lot of people go through tough times!! It's not that the magic never dissapears, rather some people lose sight of what'll always be infront of them! How is a man who gives up on himself or his dreams, any better then the walking dead? Haven't you ever told yourself your better then this!! Get to know yourself! Open your eyes or when when you grow old and are laying on your deathbed you'll realize, you never had to wait till tomorrow, you've been living all along, but it'll be too late! The most precious thing in life is the WILL TO FIGHT ON! Live through every challenge that comes your way, overcome by exhausting yourself to death, and break your limits! Fight on, because to me breathing and being alive isn't the same thing, because giving up is no different then dieing!!
    You're fighting for something you want... That calls for passion and guts!

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh they exist but not the way we envision them. I blame anime for that painting people as powerful self sacrificers. Its where you look ordinary people firemen people who will go the distance for other people. Doctors and people who look for cures. All those people that work in impovished countries helping people

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think heroes are around but if your gonna choose one choose yourself because no one knows how to save you but you if you get what i mean , yeah you have some really cool people that go beyond the call of duty but the real hero should be you because you can push yourself like no one else can. that's just my thoughts though
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2