+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do looks really matter?

Newbie rilakkuma is off to a good start rilakkuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do looks really matter?

itd be stupid for someone to try and say that looks dont matter because each and every one of us know that they do.i guess it depends on if YOURE physicaly attracted to someone.dont take youre friends advice on whether someone is hot or not.my boyfriend isnt gorgeus persay but i am very attracted to him for his personallity which in turn makes me attracted to him physically.so if you do trully love this guy then concidering you are already in love with his personallity it will be much easer to become in love with his appearence.
    ※∞※de nihilo nihil※∞※
    do not conform to this world

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

they do , in some cases ..but i think they shouldnt ..coz no matter what makeup you wear , no matter colour skin you have. ... we are all the same coulour inside ...and made up of the same kind of flesh and bones ...
    minhtam98 likes this.

Newbie Cherryx is off to a good start Cherryx's Avatar
    Thanks

The beautiful thing with love is that when you fall in love with something, no matter how it looks you think it is beautiful. You think every nook and cranny, and deep groove or crack is beautiful because you love it. Just like you're admire a piece of art work because of the feelings it gives you. That is why there is a quote "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". And if you don't believe this, have you ever met someone you hate so much? And even if they have pretty features, when you look at them you are disgusted with every curve of their face or body, you see every wrinkle, every hair. You feel repulsed, even though the look has nothing to do with the way they act or treat you. So when they say love is blind, love is blind. When you love someone you appreciate everything about them in every way.
    I think the problem here isn't that he could be ugly, I think the problem here is that he is someone you have met online and the picture would be a validation of him being who he says he is. And the fact he hasn't shown you already, someone he claims to be so close with, then he is hiding something. And that is dangerous. I don't think it's about him having a huge mole on his nose, or another head growing out of his neck. It's more about him showing that he isn't very trustworthy because he isn't being open to you.
    Just be careful with what you do, and the rest you can ignore. The rest is just opinion, as long as you take precaution.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, looks are the lifebloods of society, social interactions, well invested employment. Looks save lives, looks start wars as well as end them. Looks are the most important thing ever about anything all the time. Unfortunately, I'm very ugly.
    Last edited by Artistic Anarchy; Oct 24, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

jes
    Newbie jes is off to a good start jes's Avatar
    Thanks

looks do not matter to me but i do not like the guy being taller then me. he can be unattractive but he better be short.
    all joking aside on my part.
    Dark is right if about your friends not being wrong for worrying about you.
    and there is a few things you can do before you meet him you can do a background check on him if he give you his real name. and to put your friends mind at ease let them talk to him on line. and once that happen maybe your friend will fell better once she got to know him. and you can always do video chat as Dark said before. and if you do then you could invert you friend once you two got use to talking to each other though video chat.
    but if you ever meet go to a public place that had allot of people and make should to tell someone were you are going just in cause he is someone he is not.
    there is a saying, it better to be self then sorry.
    so maybe when you ever go out with him you should tell your friend the day and time so she could be there to watch out for you. to make share nothing happen to you.
    also do not forget to bring a cell phone with a pr-dial 911 in it so all you have to do is hit is send if something happens.

Newbie minhtam98 is off to a good start minhtam98's Avatar
    Thanks

My heart says, that looks really don't matter. But knowing me; I keep doubting when coming to date people. Because: of how they look. So, even if I'd said; looks don't matter. I'd still look at the outside before i really wanna date someone. This is really up to who you really are. And why don't cam or really phone with him instead of texting each other. Maybe that'll help making your friend more comfortable. She's just scared you get in to the wrong hands. Make sure she trusts him too. That'll probably make everything alright

Newbie modestviolet is off to a good start modestviolet's Avatar
    Thanks

Truth is this: Emotionally, we would like to say looks don't matter at all. And yes, there is that kind of love. It's called: "A mother's love" But other than that we are fairly a very shallow species. We like to go on personal preferences and judge the best partner to coexist with and involve with our lives. And even when lives change, unless you are unbearably faithful, sometimes even our life partners change. Which I find tedious and saddening. Although I do believe if you can connect on a deeper emotional level, that it may contribute to the overall physical attraction. Like perhaps there is just a few aspects that would normally turn you away, but because you have a stronger emotional attachment, you now feel like you can deal or ignore those things, and perhaps even come to like them because it's a part of that special one you love. It just really depends on the situation. And actually, I've been in this same exact situation myself before. And it's still my second longest relationship. We're no longer together, of course, but I'm currently on a one sided love with these circumstances as well. I've never met him, or seen a picture, but I love him. But he sees me as a 'sister'. Bleh. >.> oh well. I do wish you good luck, however. ^-^

Newbie Memphis is off to a good start Memphis's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes looks matter. Body language matter. I fell in love in one guy online once. When we were chatting via Internet everything was ok. However when we met his body language irritated me...
    We are friends now. I like to talk with him online. He has very cool girl now. He is a great person. I just couldn't stand his body language as his girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast