+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do things happen for a reason?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Do things happen for a reason?

After having a conversation with someone about one’s beliefs of fate and that certain events happen for a reason. I do know that a few people may argue that fate can be caused by a higher entity that controls current events that are all planned out before us. It is just about us choosing the right path to lead till we get to the right destination.
    However, others may argue that there is no such thing as fate as we all create our own destiny. All the events that occur happen because we let it or make it happen.

From a personal perspective, I for one do believe in fate and that what ever events occur, they occur for a reason. For example, during the past year there has been many times where I was depressed and unhappy with my life. Yet there was always someone for me to talk to and trust their friendship. As a time went on, and as a relationship came to an end. It made me appreciate this friend’s support through everything and it progressed from there. It was only recently that I realised that if it wasn’t for the low parts of my life to which I turned to my friend for support. The bond between us would not have grown and we would not be as close as we are now.

So my question to you is simply do you believe in Fate and why?? If you wish to include any events that happened to help back up your reason then feel free ^^
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: does things happen for a reason?

that's quite interesting. For me I'm agonistic. I will believe in God when I see Him with my eyes. I like to believe that things happen for a reason. I mean I like quotes such as "Why do we fall down? So that we can pick ourselves up again." For me, it happens cause it builds up our character and disposition. Through life experience, we may change from being a happy bubbly person to a more serious, moody one. Everyone dies eventually, but through a course of events someone dies through a car accident or gets caught in a cross fire. What then? Do we say that God has gone senile and plays tasteless jokes on us cause He got bored? Fate is what we make it to be. To say we have a destiny, is to say that God did not give us free will and it is just a facre (sp)

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in fate. Definitely. But one thing I believe about it is that we can prolong it. Certain things happen no matter what we do. But other things can be delayed. They will still happen of course but at a later date in time. Its hard to say which really is the kind that can be prolonged. its kind of like you know you have something to do but you don't do it yet because the consequences are unclear but sooner or later you have to face it.

Anyway, I believe in fate because if I didn't go through the things that I did go through I wouldn't be who I am today. I probably wouldn't be in the situation I am in or even know the people who I know now. Hell I probably would have never met my girlfriend if it wasn't for all that crap I went through.

There are just somethings in live we can't avoid. We can try to avoid them but in the end they will always happen.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    that's quite interesting. For me I'm agonistic. I will believe in God when I see Him with my eyes. I like to believe that things happen for a reason. I mean I like quotes such as "Why do we fall down? So that we can pick ourselves up again." For me, it happens cause it builds up our character and disposition. Through life experience, we may change from being a happy bubbly person to a more serious, moody one. Everyone dies eventually, but through a course of events someone dies through a car accident or gets caught in a cross fire. What then? Do we say that God has gone senile and plays tasteless jokes on us cause He got bored? Fate is what we make it to be. To say we have a destiny, is to say that God did not give us free will and it is just a facre (sp)
    I agree that it happens to build up our character and that if the events in our lives didn't take place then we wouldn't be who we are today. For it is our choices in life that perhaps define us. For if we didn't make the choices we mad in the past then we would be someone else.

As for life experiences, if we didn't go through the bad times in life then we wouldn't be the strong person we are now. Yes life brings obstacles and trials for us to face but if we just failed at the first hurdle then we all give up on life.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I believe in fate. Definitely. But one thing I believe about it is that we can prolong it. Certain things happen no matter what we do. But other things can be delayed. They will still happen of course but at a later date in time. Its hard to say which really is the kind that can be prolonged. its kind of like you know you have something to do but you don't do it yet because the consequences are unclear but sooner or later you have to face it.

Anyway, I believe in fate because if I didn't go through the things that I did go through I wouldn't be who I am today. I probably wouldn't be in the situation I am in or even know the people who I know now. Hell I probably would have never met my girlfriend if it wasn't for all that crap I went through.

There are just somethings in live we can't avoid. We can try to avoid them but in the end they will always happen.
    Its true that some thing cant be avoided but that dosnt mean that its fate, its can also be a chain of events thats coust to your own choises or the choises of someone else.
    i do believe somthing happen for a reasen but not becose its fate or it has a bigger meaning, bud true a certan chain of events thats coust by evry lifeform on this planet.
    We al have hardships and we al have are good moment, it just creates charecter and persenalety.

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    I agree that it happens to build up our character and that if the events in our lives didn't take place then we wouldn't be who we are today. For it is our choices in life that perhaps define us. For if we didn't make the choices we mad in the past then we would be someone else.

As for life experiences, if we didn't go through the bad times in life then we wouldn't be the strong person we are now. Yes life brings obstacles and trials for us to face but if we just failed at the first hurdle then we all give up on life.
    Life is hard and the only way you can live it is to be hard yourself.
    nothing is free in this world and if you want to acemplise somthing you gote te be prepared to work for it, and take your changes.
    Last edited by Sazzy; Dec 29, 2006 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Double posting

Thanks

Re: Do things happen for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post

ahh yeah there is a few things we can delay but i think thats partly due to things being clouded that makes it harder for me to realise the simple things. Probably why it takes a while for me to answer simple things and i can find it easier to answer complex questions than simple ones.

But it also doesn't help that i take ages to think about how i feel as i find it easier to doubt untill recently where things just naturally happened and its created a sense of ease in my decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by gigi2005 View Post
    Its true that some thing cant be avoided but that dosnt mean that its fate, its can also be a chain of events thats coust to your own choises or the choises of someone else.
    i do believe somthing happen for a reasen but not becose its fate or it has a bigger meaning, bud true a certan chain of events thats coust by evry lifeform on this planet.
    We al have hardships and we al have are good moment, it just creates charecter and persenalety.

Life is hard and the only way you can live it is to be hard yourself.
    nothing is free in this world and if you want to acemplise somthing you gote te be prepared to work for it, and take your changes.
    Yes of course life is hard, if it was all simple then we would get bored and not see the point in living if we didn't have any troubles to over come. Plus if we didn't have the lows then there wouldn't be any highs as we would be unable to tell them all apart.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I will believe in God when I see Him with my eyes
    Blade sorry to say this but, when God is here and you don't believe you'll be in hell no? Anyways I believe things happen for a reason but we have the will to change that event.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Blade sorry to say this but, when God is here and you don't believe you'll be in hell no? Anyways I believe things happen for a reason but we have the will to change that event.
    Well the first part depends on your own personal beliefs. Even we belief in the same religion, we can still have our own personal opinions to certain things. if we all believed the exact same thing then wouldn't we loose our individualities?

Yeah we have the will to change it but have you ever looked back on the choices you made and thought "if i didn't make that decision i would be where i was today"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast