+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do things happen for a reason?

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do things happen for a reason?

yes things happen for a reason and yes the things do build your charecter but some times fate can be changed every action makes a differance
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

To me its sort of both. Some events will happen no matter what you do, while others happen because you make them happen. So basically it can be anything or anyone that influences the things that happen to us. Thats just how it works for humans.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

if we all believed the exact same thing then wouldn't we loose our individualities?
    To me no, but to others yes. As for the looking back, I've done it yea but I've never wanted to change the event that happened if it happened thats my story I don't want it any other way.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    To me no, but to others yes. As for the looking back, I've done it yea but I've never wanted to change the event that happened if it happened thats my story I don't want it any other way.
    I don't think i would ever change the decisions i made either. I made them for a reason and it shows my personality. So if changed it then i would be changing my self and thats never a good thing.l

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    To me its sort of both. Some events will happen no matter what you do, while others happen because you make them happen. So basically it can be anything or anyone that influences the things that happen to us. Thats just how it works for humans.
    Yeah some events just naturally happen and those are the events that matter to me most. If i tried to control everything then i don't think i would ever be happy.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Maybe. Sometimes i think on it. When you can't do an action and after that you see that action maybe be hazardous you understad. This one: a lot of years ago, when i was on the medicine school i cannot take my bus to the school. I was too late and need to stay to another bus, 15 minutes after first. When i was arrived to my school, one of two squares back, the bus crash with another bus and died a lot of people. If i was take that bus maybe i was died on that accident. But no, i take the next, and now i'm posting on AO forums reading all of you answers. Many things happened for a reason.

Good thread, congratulations to the poster.
    "Knowledge is power"

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I absolutely believe in fate. My husband and I would not have gotten together without a long series of carefully placed events including the suicide of a close friend.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master_badger View Post
    Maybe. Sometimes i think on it. When you can't do an action and after that you see that action maybe be hazardous you understad. This one: a lot of years ago, when i was on the medicine school i cannot take my bus to the school. I was too late and need to stay to another bus, 15 minutes after first. When i was arrived to my school, one of two squares back, the bus crash with another bus and died a lot of people. If i was take that bus maybe i was died on that accident. But no, i take the next, and now i'm posting on AO forums reading all of you answers. Many things happened for a reason.

Good thread, congratulations to the poster.
    I get a few events like that where i look back and realise, if i hadn't done what i did then i wouldn't be where i am now. Like if i really did get into the Uni i wanted, then i wouldn't have know all my greatest friends at my University where i am now. Those friends helped me through so much and and i wouldn't have got through my uni work if it wasn't for their support.

Oh and thank you for the comment about the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    I absolutely believe in fate. My husband and I would not have gotten together without a long series of carefully placed events including the suicide of a close friend.
    I understand what you mean but for me i would have to thank my brother who was a member of this and got me into anime. if i hadn't of logged onto AO then i wouldn't have met my bf.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I have discussed this before and I've found the biggest problem in discussing fate is coming up with an generally accepted definition since it can mean many things to many people. To some fate is just a way of saying "things happen for a reason". To others it's a belief that removes all responsibility for themselves. "After all if it has already been determined what will happen it doesn't matter what I do." And for another it is simply a series of choices that people face in their life determined by a supreme being to assist us to grow.

I believe we face 3 types of occurrences in our lives.

1. The consequences of others actions.
    2. The consequences of our own actions.
    3. The trials and events created specifically for each individual.

Only the third comes directly from "fate".

If you believe that we cannot effect your own destiny then those become something that everything wrong in your life can be blamed on with no personal responsibility. I have a very low opinion of people who take this easy way out.

If you believe that we still retain our choice, our free will, then those same incidents become opportunities for person growth. A way to be tempered in the fire and become stronger.

I have a friend who had been through more then I would ever wish on anyone look at me and tell me, "everyone has trials. If we bear them well we grow and learn. If we don't we just get beat up."

I figure if anyone would know she would.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast