+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do things happen for a reason?

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do things happen for a reason?

i belive in stuff that i see with my eyes....i can't stand people who belive something that they have never seen before.....or its just my problem.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I kind of go both ways. I think everyone in their own way dictates what path they will take by their own actions. But I also think that there are certain people you are bound to meet and events that you will inevitably deal with.

Also, going on a more philosophical note on the subject, when you look back at how everything has fallen in place in your life or how something or some event has formed the person that you are today you can't help but think that this was somehow planned. How it was all meant to be.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

There are things that happen on this world for a reason which is usually caused by humans and not "fate".For example,why did Hussein get executed?Because of what he did was killing over a hundred people and that he ruled like a dictator and what he did was unforgivable in the eyes of the Americans.Why do people succeed in life?Because they focus on the goal of their desire and don't stop till they achieve what they want.These are things that are caused by the choice and the attitudes of humans.There are other things however happen and nobody knows why.That is where the word "fate" come in.Like why are there earthquakes and tsunamis that destroy cities and the country?Is it divine punishment or just some natural disaster because of the earth's atmosphere?We don't know for sure.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in fate. But i don't believe that fate is in absolute control over my entire day to day life. I believe fate when it comes to meeting people at the right time. But not that my life is fate. I dont believe my life is preplanned. But that there are points in my life where i'm supposed to be....make sense?

Like i met my husband by fate. I dated his friend, who left to go back to his country. Then i didnt see my now husband till one day on my way to school i missed my bus. And walking back to my house, he passed by in his car and recognized me. He turned around, gave me a ride to school. And we've been together ever since. Thats fate.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Banned 10~TeSTaMeNtS may be famous one day 10~TeSTaMeNtS may be famous one day 10~TeSTaMeNtS's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Do things happen for a reason?

my answer is...yes.because we will never know what will happen to us in the future...some people think that this is god's fault but come to think of it...maybe god let this happen to allow something to happen good in the nearby future...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    I believe in fate. But i don't believe that fate is in absolute control over my entire day to day life. I believe fate when it comes to meeting people at the right time. But not that my life is fate. I dont believe my life is preplanned. But that there are points in my life where i'm supposed to be....make sense?

Like i met my husband by fate. I dated his friend, who left to go back to his country. Then i didnt see my now husband till one day on my way to school i missed my bus. And walking back to my house, he passed by in his car and recognized me. He turned around, gave me a ride to school. And we've been together ever since. Thats fate.
    Awww that is so cool. I do love when the outcome of situations gives you real happiness and something you could never wish for.

I do agree with people who say its both. I suppose it can't really be one or the other but a mixture but with a more dominant side. It really does depend on the person and their beliefs. As i said before we are all individuals and we don't all have the same reasons for making a big decision as we all have our own way with dealing with certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    I believe we face 3 types of occurrences in our lives.

1. The consequences of others actions.
    2. The consequences of our own actions.
    3. The trials and events created specifically for each individual.

Only the third comes directly from "fate".

I have a friend who had been through more then I would ever wish on anyone look at me and tell me, "everyone has trials. If we bear them well we grow and learn. If we don't we just get beat up."

I figure if anyone would know she would.
    those three points sum up really well. really if you look at fate in a bigger context then really its not all about the decisions you your self makes but also with input from the decisions that someone else's make and it just happens that sometimes those two sides collide and it may sometimes work really well or it could have a horrible outcome.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist's Avatar
    Thanks

Taking fate as being a virtually unavoidable event in ones future, then I say yes. Of course, I don't see it applying to anything more then death, but that does work.

As for stuff like meeting someone or such, I don't believe it.

I believe that God gave us all free will, but has a plan He desires for us.
    Now, with our free will we can either try to follow His plan or not.
    For example: He may have two people He wants to have get married, and lined up a time for them to meet. However, one of them might decide to follow their own plan and miss the appointment. The plan isn't rigid, so the Lord just reschedules. Now, if we keep just following our own plans, then we will never make that appointment... but if we should ever follow the Lord's plan, the appointment is waiting for us.

That is my view on the subject.

Newbie daveno79 may be famous one day daveno79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Everything is an beautiful collaboration of chance, thats what we call life. :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast