+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Do things happen for a reason?

Otaku raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do things happen for a reason?

Things happened for a reason, it shapes our character and or way we think.

We experience pain, to remind us of being alive.
    We experience loss, in order for us to cherish and give importance to what's left.
    We experience sadness, to feel that life is not always happy.
    We experience failure, in order to work harder for success.
    We experience loneliness, to accept that we need someone's company

and so on and so forth...

Thank you very much,Reese for this wonderful signature ^_^

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Do things happen for a reason?

Well, I could go back to the old days, where I talked like a dream-seeking girl upon a cloud and sleeping on a starry night never to wake from the miraculous dream...
    Or I could go a little ahead of that where everything was torn asunder and I used cold-hard logic to explain my surroundings and to survive the "harsh world" that tore apart at everyone...

(mainly cuz that's the 2 most typical responses wanted for this post)

...but I think... the best response is one with an open mind to logic as well as dreams.

Fate can never be measured or tested or proven or any other fact-finding way... so that is the "fictional" section.
    However, Free Will is also "fictional", since all sciences seem to discuss that our bodies work only by our chemicals.
    Some state that these chemicals choose our fate, so then comes a strange fusion.

*ahem* I'll try to make this short (I don't want to fill another page)...

When something happens and affects others, even people across the world... can you truly state that it is Fate?

Whether Fate or not, it will affect everyone.

By logic, it is the simple cause and effect clause. Simply: Something that is done, and something that reacts to it.

By logic, the chemicals within us determine how each of us react to each other.

Also by logic, if there happens to be a chain reaction between all of us, then that is a mere accident, a mere coincidence. And by that theory, logic tries to preach the "Big Bang".

By illogical standards, all things happen for a reason. When a single leaf falls, and when a man finds discontent... anything and everything happens for a reason. When a single leaf falls in a barren forest, even with no one to witness, life is there to take that fall. All things happen for a reason...

To an exaggerated state... let's say that a leaf fell and there was nothing at all to witness it... well, let's say that the leaf was made to fall at that exact time. And it's purpose was to alter a small piece of the wind towards another direction... several chain reactions later, a typhoon hits an island. T'was made for that reason.

... I can continue on and on about logic, "fiction", and even a fusion of both if you want... but I really would rather speak my true feelings for once in this forum, seeing that this topic means a lot to me...

... but I won't, that's journal material, once again. So... I'll try to summarize.

And I'll speak this as the "Shadow of Love" from one of Abu Dhabi's old topics from the old Chat Forum.

Whether Fate exists or not...
    One should never accept their Fate.
    One should strive ever to the end to be who they are and do what they wish.

Though Fate may say that Death is inevitable...
    Though Fate may say that Death is your peace...
    Though Fate may say that Death is your Fate...

Never. NEVER accept that.
    To accept Fate is to accept your Death.
    To accept Death is to accept the meaningless of your Life.

Though you may find that even your hard times gives others joys...
    ...don't let yourself be a tool...
    ...never let yourself be a tool...

You are never a cog in this clockwork life, only meaning to be replaced...
    You are yourself, and you choose who you are, and you choose how you go!

Even those who talk that you can cherish Life for all that it is, while knowing truly well what is your Fate and your Death...
    ...inside, they will find themselves timid and never finding true love...

because true love is not Fate. Because true love will never be Fate. True Love is to not accept who you are fated to be or fated to be with. True Love knows no bounds, as you will do no matter what to stay with one another and love one another! To be blinded by Fate makes you nothing more than a lifeless tool, forever to believe that your life was made for everyone else's!

...I'll stop here, I think I already went out of hand...

Newbie fallen_ninja may be famous one day fallen_ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

not fate is not predermined everyone has their own right to choose everyone has free will
    The power to destroy lies within all of us some ignore it some imbrace it me well just don't mess with me. What is death but a voyage to another realm ?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Do things happen for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    After having a conversation with someone about one’s beliefs of fate and that certain events happen for a reason. I do know that a few people may argue that fate can be caused by a higher entity that controls current events that are all planned out before us. It is just about us choosing the right path to lead till we get to the right destination.
    However, others may argue that there is no such thing as fate as we all create our own destiny. All the events that occur happen because we let it or make it happen.

From a personal perspective, I for one do believe in fate and that what ever events occur, they occur for a reason. For example, during the past year there has been many times where I was depressed and unhappy with my life. Yet there was always someone for me to talk to and trust their friendship. As a time went on, and as a relationship came to an end. It made me appreciate this friend’s support through everything and it progressed from there. It was only recently that I realised that if it wasn’t for the low parts of my life to which I turned to my friend for support. The bond between us would not have grown and we would not be as close as we are now.

So my question to you is simply do you believe in Fate and why?? If you wish to include any events that happened to help back up your reason then feel free ^^
    Let me start by saying that I'm a long winded person, so my apologies for the lengthy reply.

I'm a FIRM believer in fate. I believe that certain events take place for a good damn reason. People you meet and bond with are in your life for a reason. Every action you take has already been planned out before you can even think of it yourself. Why do I believe this? I'll tell you:

In my past experiences, I've always just acted without thinking, I always thrust myself into situations, not knowing the scenario or the consequences. I got myself into lots of trouble (I won't get into details), and even traveled from state to state in order to "find myself." It wasn't until I came back to my hometown that I realized that I was meant to stay here for a while longer. My fate is here for the time being. That's where my friends are, my family, my love... it's all here.

And yeah, there've been times where my beliefs have been tested. Just recently, in fact, I've been tested. The one who I believed was destined to share my life with me didn't want to be with me anymore. But, I feel like she's still destined to be a part of my life. It's my fate to remain by her side, be it best friend or boyfriend. It hurt, and my heart was broken, but that doesn't mean that I can't still have hope and belive that fate has somethin' good cookin' for me.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

many people believe in superstition and luck for the acts that happen like if a person gets a chain mail via email, and later forgets their house keys, they believe that it is the faul of the chain letter, when rele they are so nervous that the tend to forget things. also, many people believe in faith. ive herd of stories of rainy days where people believe that the gods are angry at them, when rain is a normal act of nature. but people ake refuge in faith and superstition, because in trouble, faith in their ideas refuge things. so if it comforts you to believe that its faith, superstition or anything else, go ahead. i believe to give people a right to believe.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

What an interesting topic! Well... that's a pretty hard question. It depends on your belief, I guess. Maybe, if you're a real spiritual person, you're going to believe the fact that what happens to you is just by fate. And, well, even if you're not, you might still say that "everything is done by fate". Well, truthfully speaking, I DO believe in fate. But I also believe in the "things happen for a reason" fact.

I mean, to me, both seem connected. If, by fate, you were born into this world to "do" something, either important or not, then you would either follow that "fate" or do your own free will. Which is not wrong. For example, you have the free will to read this topic in this very forum. Now, does this topic make you question life more? I don't know if it's also fate that led me to this topic. But also, think about it, what would you be doing right now if you weren't reading this? I know, it's quite confusing! I can't even explain it properly! But, anyway, I hope you got my point.

But, seriously, everybody has the freedom to choose what they believe in, and I'm just a person expressing my own!

mmhmm.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brent-Enix View Post
    What an interesting topic! Well... that's a pretty hard question. It depends on your belief, I guess. Maybe, if you're a real spiritual person, you're going to believe the fact that what happens to you is just by fate. And, well, even if you're not, you might still say that "everything is done by fate". Well, truthfully speaking, I DO believe in fate. But I also believe in the "things happen for a reason" fact.

I mean, to me, both seem connected. If, by fate, you were born into this world to "do" something, either important or not, then you would either follow that "fate" or do your own free will. Which is not wrong. For example, you have the free will to read this topic in this very forum. Now, does this topic make you question life more? I don't know if it's also fate that led me to this topic. But also, think about it, what would you be doing right now if you weren't reading this? I know, it's quite confusing! I can't even explain it properly! But, anyway, I hope you got my point.

But, seriously, everybody has the freedom to choose what they believe in, and I'm just a person expressing my own!
    there is some cool points made in this post.

I agree with it be related to how spiritual the person is. Because some may see it as its all be laid out before than, its just you have to follow the path or others may see it as if it happens then it happens.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

If things happen for a reason then my life is messed up, personly it think its ture to a point but u decide ur life not fait right.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5