+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have the right to feel pain/sadness/anger?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Do we have the right to feel pain/sadness/anger?

Hello AO, recently I thought of something. With so much happening in other countries like genocides, massacres, discremination, poverty etc. it occured to me that so many people's lives are way worse than any of ours could ever get or are. So with so many people with lives worse than anyones in America my question to you is do we have the right to feel pain, anger, or sadness (like when something doesn't go your way, or a pet dies etc.) with so much more and intense suffering going on in third world countries? Sometimes I even feel guilty when I'm upset becuase I know compared to other people I have no reason to be, and infact I should rejoice at the life I have been given and the oppurtunities and benefits that come with that life.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 12, 2006 at 05:03 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do we have the right to feel pain/sadness/anger?

i have thought this over before. we do have the right, but that does not mean we HAVE to use them. if you wish to be angry, be angry, but remember what consequences it could bring. likewise with sadness.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Well we do have the right to feel those emotions. Cause that's what makes us human. I see what you mean. There are worse off people than us by far. So I think that if something were to happen to me I should still feel sad, angry, etc, but it should make me appreciate what I have and also be more compassionate twards those who have it worse.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Newbie Red_Wings may be famous one day Red_Wings may be famous one day Red_Wings's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to say that we do have that right. As humans, when we fall we don't feel bad for being embarrassed, such is the selfishness of the species. Though I'm not sure if it is selfish to feel such thoughts when people are dying in the world around us, and even though we may pray for such things to end, massacre and genoside is needed on earth. I know that sounds horrible but there are too many humans on this planet. We need to have a few picked off. Why else would god make hurricanes, typhones, tornadoes and other disasters if he didn't believe this?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wings
    I'd have to say that we do have that right. As humans, when we fall we don't feel bad for being embarrassed, such is the selfishness of the species. Though I'm not sure if it is selfish to feel such thoughts when people are dying in the world around us, and even though we may pray for such things to end, massacre and genoside is needed on earth. I know that sounds horrible but there are too many humans on this planet. We need to have a few picked off. Why else would god make hurricanes, typhones, tornadoes and other disasters if he didn't believe this?
    I am not religious, however I do find it fascinating that you claim God would kill his own people, I find it even more fascinating that you would choose to worship a God who would kill his own people for the sake of population control .

Newbie Red_Wings may be famous one day Red_Wings may be famous one day Red_Wings's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    I am not religious, however I do find it fascinating that you claim God would kill his own people, I find it even more fascinating that you would choose to worship a God who would kill his own people for the sake of population control .
    I'm not extremly religous myself. I don't go to church or anything, but I do try to pray when I can. Not because I want god to hear, but for myself to hear. I believe that's why most people pray. It's like a journal that they speak completly truthfully to, because they think that if they lie, god will zap them...

Thanks

The thing is about religion, most people don't take the chance and lie, just to see what happens, if you know what I mean. That's how most people are kept in the dark.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes but still you did state that natural disasters were there to pick off a few people because our population is too high. And you did state that god created them.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast