+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do we have the right to feel pain/sadness/anger?

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do we have the right to feel pain/sadness/anger?

I really had fun with this question before.
    I have a right...All beings have a right to fell.
    I am souless sometimes but ask yourself this.
    If your able to fell of course.
    "If you hurt an animal does it not whine?"
    Also ask yourself this.
    "Do you have the right to jude what others feel?"
    I know I dont sometimes,I cant talk to some people the way I want too.
    All I ever do is hurt them,even if I am of innocence.
    I am souless,that simple,I hide pain and let it out on my enemy's.The pain they feel is nothing compared to me.
    You must walk in people's shoes before you can say anything about them.I walk in there shoes alot.
    Therefore I can justify my means and my end.
    I have a right.
    Do you?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viper11025
    I really had fun with this question before.
    I have a right...All beings have a right to fell.
    I am souless sometimes but ask yourself this.
    If your able to fell of course.
    "If you hurt an animal does it not whine?"
    Also ask yourself this.
    "Do you have the right to jude what others feel?"
    I know I dont sometimes,I cant talk to some people the way I want too.
    All I ever do is hurt them,even if I am of innocence.
    I am souless,that simple,I hide pain and let it out on my enemy's.The pain they feel is nothing compared to me.
    You must walk in people's shoes before you can say anything about them.I walk in there shoes alot.
    Therefore I can justify my means and my end.
    I have a right.
    Do you?
    Hmm... "jugding" what others feel? Do mean as deciding weither they are feeling joy or anger? In that case a classification of a certain emotion is done through observation. So are you asking me weither we have the right to observe someone else's emotions? Becuase if you are that makes absolutely no sense. We observe other's emotions weither we like it or not, choose to or not through facial expressions and actions. So observing an emotion is inevitable, and no right to doing so is involved. Another thing, your definition of souless is inaccurate. A souless person feels nothing, no emotion, however you do as stated, you feel pain. Therefore you have a soul. Also I find your statement of "The pain they feel is nothing compared to me" to be out of arrogance. Many more people suffer much worse than you could ever imagine, even in your disturbed state. So your suffering is of nothing to theirs. Also your statement of "You must walk in people's shoes before you can say anything about them.I walk in there shoes alot." Is out of total, unadulterated ignorance. Have you ever walked in the shoes of a Jewish prisoner at Awshuitz concentration camp? Or a prisoner of the the Vietnam war? Or a person who's legs have been blown off by a mine in Iraq?(take your pick, I have more) Likely not.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 12, 2006 at 07:46 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie Red_Wings may be famous one day Red_Wings may be famous one day Red_Wings's Avatar
    Thanks

In the instance of putting ourselves in others shoes is impossible though. We might assume how one's feeling, but we never know for sure. They could be having problems at home making things different than how they are now. In my oppinion of the statement about putting yourself in the shoes of a Jewish prisoner, we will never be able to acomplish such a task. Though we try to believe what it must have been like we still must assume what they think, and thus the topic repeats itself with assuming with whether or not we should feel bad about feeling bad for ourselves. Is there truely an awnser to the question? Or is it just one of those things that should be left be?

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Hmm... "jugding" what others feel? Do mean as deciding weither they are feeling joy or anger? In that case a classification of a certain emotion is done through observation. So are you asking me weither we have the right to observe someone else's emotions? Becuase if you are that makes absolutely no sense. We observe other's emotions weither we like it or not, choose to or not through facial expressions and actions. So observing an emotion is inevitable, and no right to doing so is involved. Another thing, your definition of souless is inaccurate. A souless person feels nothing, no emotion, however you do as stated, you feel pain. Therefore you have a soul. Also I find your statement of "The pain they feel is nothing compared to me" to be out of arrogance. Many more people suffer much worse than you could ever imagine, even in your disturbed state. So your suffering is of nothing to theirs. Also your statement of "You must walk in people's shoes before you can say anything about them.I walk in there shoes alot." Is out of total, unadulterated ignorance. Have you ever walked in the shoes of a Jewish prisoner at Awshuitz concentration camp? Or a prisoner of the the Vietnam war? Or a person who's legs have been blown off by a mine in Iraq? Likely not.
    ... I was waiting for you to go first but... dang...

Ahem...

I 100% agree. I do not see the point in this poem. Unless you have suffered some great disturbance in your life I doubt that you can understand everyone's pain in the world. Though everyone has hardship... it is outright arrogance to say that you understand and feel everyone's pain. I was as ticked as you Exoparadapsyphobia. But it was your turn.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there truely an awnser to the question? Or is it just one of those things that should be left be?

Be comforted, for there is a perfect answer to this question... I'm just waiting to see if anyone can come up with it.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix
    ... I was waiting for you to go first but... dang...

Ahem...

I 100% agree. I do not see the point in this poem. Unless you have suffered some great disturbance in your life I doubt that you can understand everyone's pain in the world. Though everyone has hardship... it is outright arrogance to say that you understand and feel everyone's pain. I was as ticked as you Exoparadapsyphobia. But it was your turn.
    Heh, thanks for your support Zeroenix. I can always count on you .
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 12, 2006 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie therebel may be famous one day therebel may be famous one day therebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, we have the right to feel such things. The question is, do we have the right to make others feel those things? No we don't. As for other nations, we lend aid when we can along with other nations. There isn't much one person can do about the world's suffering, except do what he can to avoid adding his to the pile for others to deal with.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the right to feel anything I like. Why should I suppress my emotions because someone else might suffer more? Why should I even care if others suffer?

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen
    I have the right to feel anything I like. Why should I suppress my emotions because someone else might suffer more? Why should I even care if others suffer?
    Nicely said, everyone has rights to show their emotions and rights to feel what they
    like. If someone suffers when you feel something I think it's their bad...

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast