+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do we have the right to feel pain/sadness/anger?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Do we have the right to feel pain/sadness/anger?

Quote Originally Posted by mixed fighter girl
    of course! but to a point...a warrior must keep their feelings under control or they would lose in battle....but in the real world..yes... sometimes u need to express it...get it out of ur system.

ahhh yes, because they could be consummed by the hate and go in a rage and revenge mode.

I agree that you need to express your feelings rather than bottle it up but for someone like me who worries too much its hard because the paranoia kicks in and comes up false information that confuses me and then i get annoyed with my self and close my self off.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello AO, recently I thought of something. With so much happening in other countries like genocides, massacres, discremination, poverty etc. it occured to me that so many people's lives are way worse than any of ours could ever get or are. So with so many people with lives worse than anyones in America my question to you is do we have the right to feel pain, anger, or sadness (like when something doesn't go your way, or a pet dies etc.) with so much more and intense suffering going on in third world countries? Sometimes I even feel guilty when I'm upset becuase I know compared to other people I have no reason to be, and infact I should rejoice at the life I have been given and the oppurtunities and benefits that come with that life.
    We have the right to some extent,
    We are aloud to express our emotions, you dont have to be poor or have had lived a terrible life to be able to express how you feel, But you shouldnt take your emotions so far if somthing minor happends to you. The people who have truly sufferd a great deal should be the ones aloud to take there emotions to that leval.

Newbie daltwilliams may be famous one day daltwilliams may be famous one day daltwilliams's Avatar
    Thanks

yes cause without emotion there would be no point in living emotions are natural things

Newbie Killing Beauty may be famous one day Killing Beauty may be famous one day Killing Beauty's Avatar
    Thanks

We have every right to feel that way. I understand that there are people who have it worse. But if we don't allow ourselves to feel the way that we want because of that, none of us would be allowed to feel sadness, pain, anger, etc because there will ALWAYS be someone who has it worse. I think it is the persons right to feel emotions as they wish.

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

well, those emotions are one of the basic things that separate us from any other being here on earth.. in other words, those things are very human indeed... as humans we are free to feel sad, angry or hurt... but that doesn't end there... remember that humans were given something more that distinguish us from other animals... we have conscience... so what am I trying to say? this - we are free to feel sadness, pain and anger, but as creatures who have conscience, we have definitely no room for SELF-PITY... to feel angry, sad, or hurt is very very different from pitying yourself...

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Otaku Arnys Battle 2 Champion sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see how we can avoid being angery, sad ,and feeling pain

I live in the shadows and I am as fast as the speed of light, but I use my ability's to help people even though they fear me for who I am.

A Brand new Theme song for all my friends who use to come to Ao and the People that still come's to Ao.
    http://video.freevideoblog.com/hotte...7631ca1c2a.htm

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we do have a right . Sure in other countries they might not be as fortunate as us living in the better off countries. In a way I guess we are all better off than someone else. But emotion is the way we reach out to others and ourselves and if we don't excercise that right ,than who are we but emotionless things.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Newbie 7 of Clubs may be famous one day 7 of Clubs may be famous one day 7 of Clubs's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Sachiko Ueto about self pity. You can feel, but do not wallow.
    You have a right to feel and express pain sadness and anger but you don't have a right to force your emotions onto others. If someone wants to listen that is fine but you cant go around making people listen to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast