+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Do we rely too much on technology?

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do we rely too much on technology?

It would be really interesting if the future was like Star Wars and then, electricity just stopped!

...Impulsive...

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

We agree way to much on technology, for instance the blackout in newyork all power failed it was basically hell so in conclusion yes we do rely to much

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

Yes we do. Millions worldwide would commit suicide if a law was past prohibiting cellular phones. Or resort to using them illegally. You get my point.

~Shiggie

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks

dude **** yeah we do, i was just watching the ****in science channel, and "robosapien" was on

it was THE SHIT!!!

this monkey, had robot arms that he controlled with his brain..man he could think about eating fruit...and he would eat some ****in fruit...dude it was hella-tight

so yeah...we do

us and monkeys rely too much on technology

Mazer

Newbie Ghostly may be famous one day Ghostly may be famous one day
    Thanks

The more pertinant question is:
    "Does it matter how much we rely on technology, what alternative is there, do we need to consider it and would people accept it?"

It can't be helped how much we rely on our technology, as a species we crave progress and the easy way out. Technology provides both of these and is self perpetuating (current technology leads to better technology).

It's pointless to ask a question like "what would happen if we suddenly didn't have technology?" because not many things could cause that on a global scale and if it did it would probably wipe us out anyway, and the only thing that might save us would be technology. Smaller events that are more localised are soon repaired by technology.

Newbie HipnautikBoy may be famous one day HipnautikBoy may be famous one day
    Thanks

if we cant rely on technology, then what are we suppose to rely on, nothing? we can rely on people but some people cant be trusted... theres always good and bad people in the world.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm i gotta rely on it.. i'm a programmer, without technology i have no job.. so i'm a advocate of technological development.. i gotta rely on tech if i wanna make money that is.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding of the word 'technology' here. When we think tech, we think high-tech, but technology has been with us since before recorded history. An obsidian blade is is a form technology, as is crude rope, etc. To say that we rely too much on technology kind of misses what brought human beings as a species to this point in the first place. Namely our complete inability to fend for ourselves without it.

As a species, humans are too weak physically to compete with other animals au natural. We cannot hunt with our bare hands and we retain body heat so poorly that we die of exposure rather easily. The answer to these problems? Large, striated brains, large hypoglossal nerves, a lowered laranyx, and opposable thumbs... to communicate and create technology (tools). A human without tools is a dead one, and it's not for a lack of better ways, we've always been this way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast