+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Thread: Do we rely too much on technology?

Newbie DemonicNeko-chan may be famous one day DemonicNeko-chan may be famous one day DemonicNeko-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do we rely too much on technology?

well recently i saw a special a CNN international about technology advancing towards the future. Nowadays yes, we do rely on technology but will it be the same a few years later when robots like Hubo from korea begin taking care of the humans race, or so some robotic experts say. In the future we'll rely more on technology than ever to do everything for us, but really...wouldnt that just make the human race lazy? the world was created to have everything come naturally due to a certain way of living or an accident, now there just some things that shouldnt be messed with; i dont mind hearing about 'lets try to find the cure for cancer or aids' but using stem cell research to try to control the cells in our bodies or most likely to control life is unthinkable, it is like trying to play god. it is impossible. in present time technology/science are trying to find ways to just bluntly try to be the creator...i believe this will also make us more reliant to technology to make us try to live forever...there is a reason people die...Science just has not yet just realized that..so yes, we rely on technology alot, but we will even more in the future.

GIR IS TEH SMEXIINESS

Otaku Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicNeko-chan
    well recently i saw a special a CNN international about technology advancing towards the future. Nowadays yes, we do rely on technology but will it be the same a few years later when robots like Hubo from korea begin taking care of the humans race, or so some robotic experts say. In the future we'll rely more on technology than ever to do everything for us, but really...wouldnt that just make the human race lazy? the world was created to have everything come naturally due to a certain way of living or an accident, now there just some things that shouldnt be messed with; i dont mind hearing about 'lets try to find the cure for cancer or aids' but using stem cell research to try to control the cells in our bodies or most likely to control life is unthinkable, it is like trying to play god. it is impossible. in present time technology/science are trying to find ways to just bluntly try to be the creator...i believe this will also make us more reliant to technology to make us try to live forever...there is a reason people die...Science just has not yet just realized that..so yes, we rely on technology alot, but we will even more in the future.
    i think the scientiests do realize that. What are movies for, lol. Like i said before, Knowledge is power and humans will do anything to gain knowledge because we are short lived race.

It is a challange to there intelectual minds. They want to go far beyond and explore and learn. Don't underestimate the scientists because in the end we really do rely on technology. We are after all, as humans ambitious creatures.

Newbie Ghostly may be famous one day Ghostly may be famous one day
    Thanks

It wouldn't make the human race lazy, the human race IS lazy by nature, it's why why create technology in the first place, that and our constant need for progress and understanding.

Newbie thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

in short, yes we do depend to much on technology.

do you really think we could honostly live without everythign we have, take away electricity and theres no tv, theres no microwave, theres no refergerators(not to be confused with oldfashioned iceboxes) theres no lights. hell without electricity, there is no gas production which means no cars. so we have no cars, no lights, no massprodcution factories. people would die from lack of convienece basically. we would have to go back to the bronze and iron age. we would have to hunt for food rather than depend on farmers to raise and buture animals to ship the meat to stores for us to buy.we would obviously have to walk or bike everywhere, id like to see people nowadays to bike from one town to another like they did in the old age (well they did it in carrages but same basic principle) we are used to time convinence as well. people now are incredilbly impatient because most everything can be done in a matter of minutes or hours rather than days or weeks.

Otaku Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic's Avatar
    Thanks

in other words, if technology suddenly diespeared, we are all scrwed

Newbie thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, the only people that would be able to survive would be the tribal nations that are still uneffected by technology for the most part, the amish though their population isnt as technophobic as they used to be, and the skilled hunters of today. people would have to relearn the ways of farming, hunting, fishing, etc and hone them to beable to survive in a world without technology like we used to in the "good old days" going back to the bow and arrow and sword time period would be cool though imo though it would be very hard to adjust

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I don't believe that for a second.
    If all technology were to disappear right now we would simply adapt to it.
    Sure there would be some casualties but most of us would survive just fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11