Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ghosts?

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts?

I think I getting this right but oh well:
    energy can't be formed it ccan only be transfered... so you theroy of "leaveing" behide energy is a little weird...
    (and psychical thats just Aleister Sithis scence of humor... weird right XD)
    death and life are one and the same

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    I think I getting this right but oh well:
    energy can't be formed it ccan only be transfered... so you theroy of "leaveing" behide energy is a little weird...
    (and psychical thats just Aleister Sithis scence of humor... weird right XD)
    you are correct. energy can never be created or destroyed, only transferred. basic scientific fact of life. so energy from a living being into a ghostly form is theoretically possible.

and pychical, don;t let aleister get to you, he's just naturally an assh*le. but in a good way, like me!
    Why hello there!

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

yep yep XD (jokeing...) well it could be tranfered to the "normal" plane... in a sence but what give it the "right" to do so... so in other terms how is it able to "stay"...

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Yeah, I've mentioned the energy theory myself in a Ghost thread or 2...

To put it simply, like NeoDeath90 said, energy cannot bve destroyed. Instead, it changes form, such as stored energy (gas), to heat energy (burning the gas), which turned into mechanical energy (spinning a magnet) to magnetic energy (created in the coils the magnets spin around) & finally to electrical energy to be sent to you so you can read this on your computer. Then it gets converted into more forms, but I'll save you those descriptions...

Scientists have proven there are energy field inside the human body, notably the head, mainly electro-magnetism from memory. These energies have been known to be detected around the body for a while after death. With all that energy buzzing inside your head, sometimes even after death, perhaps that energy is sometimes transfered into ghostly energy, for lack of better wording, instead of converting into another form.

Mind you, I've had too many encounters not to be a believer. Seen them occasionally, felt them regularly, heard the voice of 1 once, far too many encounters to not believe, plus the other weird stuff that's happened to me...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Thanks

but what about defusion? wouldn't the "energy" go into the world... if what you say is true then how come they "stay" in one form and dissolve into the unocupied space...

Newbie kira666 is off to a good start kira666's Avatar
    Thanks

i strongly believe in ghosts. and that ghosts can inhabit not only places, but humans, items, and other things. i do not believe that all are bad, but the few that are can be taken care of with exorcisms, and holy items.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I believe in ghosts, but yet have I experienced an encounter. I mean, there have been times where I think I've experienced some freaky sh!t, but not really.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    but what about defusion? wouldn't the "energy" go into the world... if what you say is true then how come they "stay" in one form and dissolve into the unocupied space...
    Dissolve how? Not all energy can be seen (if not most) why would it need to dissolve to be "ghostly"? If there is actual intelligence involved as long as remained self aware would it not continue to exist?

You find the energy concept all over the world. The concept is that the soul is actually made of two thing, the body (physical) and the spirit (energy). Without the spirit the body cannot move as it has no "intelligence". Some believe that there is a "pool" of energy that is drawn from when something is born and that when they die they return to that "pool" along with their memories. Another, and sometimes conjunctive, belief is that the energy recycles from one form to another after death (reincarnation). The last is that there is "intelligent energy", a life form if you like that does not need a physical body, that enters physical forms upon their life beginning that then continues to exist after the death of the physical form. There is a split in this belief though about whether the intelligence was actually aware previous to being given shape in physical form or whether it's life/body shapes and creates the resulting intelligence.

On the discussion of ghosts though you cannot leave out residual hauntings or places where the land itself has recorded things that happened in the past and continually replays them like a CD player stuck on repeat.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast