Closed Thread
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk
    Ok nightfox one last question have u heard of exorcisms n9ot the one u see in the movies real one where the demons if i may manifest themselfs in human bodies do u think that is real if not i would love to have u witness one of those then u can judge the rest for yourself u know having done alot of things in my life i know about this and so yeah i was also one of the wire sitting ppl did not have a side and one day i had the oppertunity to witness all these horible things they do to ppl humans as we are and i can asure u they do exist .
    They not only exist but the are also afraid of God and he is the only one that can command them to leave the body of a manifested human so yeah maybe u are not but by not haven seen something so terrible u might keep on believeing there is nothing .

Cool that is what started me investigating all these talks and scripture and books ppl write about everything not human.Things that happen in real life when the doors close at night and the ppl are doing all their wicked thingies.So pls don't take me up lightly i dont have experience in reading the bible alone ....Hope u have some question maybe i can recommend a book for interest only...
    Yes, I know this question wasn't directed to me but... I find excorcists and demons possessing the soul of a human being to be highly unrealistic. No offence of course to anyone who does believe it.. and I really don't have much to follow up on my theory.LOL.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I agree. I think people's own actions drive them crazy.

Religious view - Demons possessing a person, leading to exocrism

Scientific view - Mental, stress problem.

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

Well, the bible tells us that possesions do occur and i have met someone who has encountered an exorcism, I do believe that satan takes over the human soul.
    satan = Sin
    Sin = the reason why everything against the bible exist.
    the reason for doubt and a reason for misconception.

He who does not believe in god, does not believe in nothing, he believes in anything.
    -Qoute from a friend of mine.

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden
    Well, the bible tells us that possesions do occur and i have met someone who has encountered an exorcism, I do believe that satan takes over the human soul.
    satan = Sin

He who does not believe in god, does not believe in nothing, he believes in anything.
    haha, ur quote may makes sense to a person of religion... but it definitely doesn't make any sense to me. I get what its trying to say.. but its def flawed. No offence of course, I wouldn't push my beliefs on anyone.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    haha, ur quote may makes sense to a person of religion... but it definitely doesn't make any sense to me. I get what its trying to say.. but its def flawed. No offence of course, I wouldn't push my beliefs on anyone.
    well of course it doesnt apply to you. especially if your not religious at all. However, i have observed observed the data myself and so have several brilliant scientist and have "in no doubt" say that there has to be a god.
    with all due respect

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

satan = Sin

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum

well of course it doesnt apply to you. especially if your not religious at all. However, i have observed observed the data myself and so have several brilliant scientist and have "in no doubt" say that there has to be a god.
    with all due respect
    I know I said I was done, and I promise not to get overheated this time. First, let's look at the first part.
    satan = Sin
    It does make sense, from a very specific point of view. As we have come to learn, however, is that we do not all share the same point of view. Even so, evil (sin) does exist and everyone, religious or not, searches for a reason why. Regardless of your religious orientation, it is a fairly universal practice to view things such as murder, theft, and adultery as wrong. Here it would be very easy to say, "Aha! Satan most certainly does exist if these things persist across all cultures!" However, this being the case, and Christianity being what's discussed, we could also say, "If these people are not God fearing, why do they hold the same positive values?" I'll leave that one up in the air.

"The only thing I know, is that I know nothing" -Socrates
    Oddly enough, the person that doesn't believe in god won't believe anything because they won't believe in god. Don't need to go further with that one

i have observed observed the data myself and so have several brilliant scientist and have "in no doubt" say that there has to be a god.
    with all due respect
    Logically speaking. And while these scientists proffess this, you also don't see them leaping into a revival tent afterwards or attempting to refute scientific theories so commonly accepted they're regarded as fact. Logically, there must be something in the very, very beginning. Let's look at the big bang. Little ball of pure energy sitting at what we'll call the 'center' of the void. What made it go 'boom' (more like 'fzzzzz!') so to speak? For that matter, why was it there?

Now let's look at evolution. Evolution gets fuzzier than the big bang, unfortunately. Some say that we are a product of what's called, "Intelligent Design". That is, they believe that we evolved, but that this evolution was guided by the hand of God. This is a little more faith based, but one that could be easy to accept. To look back at what we've got, eg: the fossils and records of the hominids before us, it is a little bit daunting to imagine that we came out the way we are by pure coincidence. Edit: It gets fuzzy because there are current evolution theories, such as "Punctuated Equilibrium" that likewise explains why there seem to be such huge leaps in certain evolutionary steps.

These things known, however, I very much doubt our most celebrated scientists accept god on the same level as what we would call religious. They believe, yes, but it doesn't mean they believe in the bible. In fact, I would say it borders on a religion all its own... dundundun
    Last edited by erosennin; Apr 29, 2006 at 01:55 AM.

Newbie shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin's Avatar
    Thanks

Hecks yes I believe in god. Without him their would be no human life

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

I said this once and now twice.
    Yes,But everyone sees things in another way.
    Shall we leave it at that?

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast