Closed Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe in God?

I do, but sometimes i think that he hates me because of some of the things he allows my "friends and family" to do to me...
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Maybe it's just me... i know he loves all of his children, but you must question if he favors and hates any people like some parents...
    Last edited by Angelic_gurl_1027; May 19, 2006 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

the reason why god does bad things to good people is becuase he is teseting there obedience to him. also, God has bad things happen to us so we can learn from are mistakes.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

the reason why god does bad things to good people is becuase he is teseting there obedience to him. also, God has bad things happen to us so we can learn from are mistakes.
    Maybe what u wanted to say was that God lets nature takes it cause and what happens is gonna happen He does not interfere and he won't allow things to happen to u when u cannot handle it.
    So yeah not that He let bad things happen just to test us that BS.....

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i do^^i'm christan and have no doubt about it in my mind.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden
    well, there are several things that scientist cannot explain.
    from death, to even the birth process to our emotions and are instinct, scientist have no clue on how these things have come about.
    What? Do you only restrict your reading to the bible, or not go to school? Scientists have explained, or are very close to fully explaining everything you have stated above. What is the birth process? It is when an egg is fertilized by sperm, and the phetus develops inside the mothers womb for a period of nine months before being born. Here is a timeline of the development of the human fetus if you are not familar with it. Also emotions are caused by complex chemical reactions inside our brain and elsewhere. What do you think anti-depressants do? They block certain receptacle nervs inside our brain, thus helping to prevent and/or treat the feeling of depression. It's the sameway pain works, if you pinch yourself that part of your body sends a chemical message to your brain bassically saying, "that hurts", and, "stop". Also that is the basis on how fear works, and the survival instinct operates. When you are born, you have never felt pain, thus you do not have fear nor a survival instinct, but, when you are physically hurt your body sends that chemical message saying "that hurts", and, "stop", and so you are most likely to stop the activity that is causing that chemical message to be sent. The reason we feel fear is becuase our bodies are able to make chemical imprints in our brain, or simply the memory of feeling pain. Thus our bodies are able to pre-anticipate the feeling that will be caused by a certain activity, therefore the emotion of fear is created in order to help you avoid pain, and the chemical message that is accociated with it.

And here is a very logical view of the synthesis of certain insticntial emotions -
    George Mandler had a powerful intuition. Let's assume that, of all the information available in the environment, the mind is mainly interested in environmental regularities. Then most of its processing can be reduced to: there is a goal (e.g.: "eat"), there is a need (e.g.: "food") and there is a situation (e.g.: "a plantation of bananas"). Based on known regularities of the environment, the mind can determine what it needs to achieve its goal in the current situation. The emotion (e.g.: "desire bananas") simplifies this process. The function of emotions is to provide the individual with the most general view of the world that is consistent with current needs, goals and situations.
    Also, Death is the chemical decomposition of our bodies, thus the term "kedaver". It's bassically the same thing as being asleep, you don't know your asleep, becuase you can't feel, see, smell or hear. Death is basically the same thing accompanied with the process your body takes thereafter, chemical decomposition. Would you like to see what death looks like? It's not pretty. I don't know if I'm allowed to make a link to that kind of graphical image so, I won't do it here, but if you would like to see I could send you an image via email.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 19, 2006 at 04:07 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    What? Do you only restrict your reading to the bible, or not go to school? Scientists have explained, or are very close to fully explaining everything you have stated above. What is the birth process? It is when an egg is fertilized by sperm, and the phetus develops inside the mothers womb for a period of nine months before being born. Here is a timeline of the development of the human fetus if you are not familar with it. Also emotions are caused by complex chemical reactions inside our brain and elsewhere. What do you think anti-depressants do? They block certain receptacle nervs inside our brain, thus helping to prevent and/or treat the feeling of depression. It's the sameway pain works, if you pinch yourself that part of your body sends a chemical message to your brain bassically saying, "that hurts", and, "stop". Also that is the basis on how fear works, and the survival instinct operates. When you are born, you have never felt pain, thus you do not have fear nor a survival instinct, but, when you are physically hurt your body sends that chemical message saying "that hurts", and, "stop", and so you are most likely to stop the activity that is causing that chemical message to be sent. The reason we feel fear is becuase our bodies are able to make chemical imprints in our brain, or simply the memory of feeling pain. Thus our bodies are able to pre-anticipate the feeling that will be caused by a certain activity, therefore the emotion of fear is created in order to help you avoid pain, and the chemical message that is accociated with it.

And here is a very logical view of the synthesis of certain insticntial emotions -

Also, Death is the chemical decomposition of our bodies, thus the term "kedaver". It's bassically the same thing as being asleep, you don't know your asleep, becuase you can't feel, see, smell or hear. Death is basically the same thing accompanied with the process your body takes thereafter, chemical decomposition. Would you like to see what death looks like? It's not pretty. I don't know if I'm allowed to make a link to that kind of graphical image so, I won't do it here, but if you would like to see I could send you an image via email.
    lol, yes i know all this, however you need to look at the big picture, why?
    you told me what happens not why it happens, scientist know the process of birth but the reason behind it is different. Scientist cannot explain how how the sperm fertilizes with the egg, becuase it is attracted to it?, but how and why it is attracted. and by these conditions that are so complex how could something of this world create such a powerful and magestic thing.

there are several loop holes and contradictions in evolution.
    anyone who was for science would see that evolution is even more impossible than there being a god.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes there is a God out there

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden
    lol, yes i know all this, however you need to look at the big picture, why?
    you told me what happens not why it happens, scientist know the process of birth but the reason behind it is different. Scientist cannot explain how how the sperm fertilizes with the egg, becuase it is attracted to it?, but how and why it is attracted. and by these conditions that are so complex how could something of this world create such a powerful and magestic thing.
    Wow, you are severely blinded by the assumptions of religion. The sperm is chemicaly attracted to the egg. It's an organism made and designed for only one purpose, finding and fertalizing an egg. Why does life happen? Why are you here? Why is anything here? Becuase of chemical attraction. You wouldn't be here right were it not for the hormones operating inside your father at the time of your conception urging him to mate with your mother. That's what love is, a chemical attraction. And creating life is no way a "powerful" or "magestic" thing, it is merely a biochemical reaction inside another persons body resulting from sex, ultimately resulting in the creation of fetus. Nothing spectacular about that.

there are several loop holes and contradictions in evolution.
    anyone who was for science would see that evolution is even more impossible than there being a god
    This statement has to be one of the greatest displays of stupidity, ignorance and one the best forms of a paradox I have seen for awhile. Do you know many loopholes there are in the bible? And how many parts of it have been falsified? Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eiden? They nor it ever existed. Findings of bones and the gift of DNA sequencing has proven that we originated in Africa some three million years ago. The first forms of life have also been proven to originate from the sea. Noahs Ark? That never happend either, satistical data has proven that the time it would take to move every species of animal on to a boat would take about three years, and that doesn't even include the time it would take to collect and transport them to the site of embarkment. However the bible stated that Noah did it in three days, which is above and beyond impossible.

And I am astounded at the fact you, or anyone can find a tale of a man snapping his fingers to creat a planet in seven days at all plausible. Do you even know why epics or religions are created? To explain away how we got here, what were doing now, and were we are going, therefore it is created out of ignorance. But one thing you fail to comprehend is that during the time of the creation of such religions and epics we did not have anything comparable to the technology we do now.

The religious leaders of the Catholic Church thought that the earth was flat and the center of the universe, however when the telescope was invented we proved that to be false and they were ultimately forced to accept that fact. Well now we have enough technology to prove entire religions false, and we're doing it quite effectively. Why do you think the age old religion of Christianity is dying at such a rapid pace? It's becuase just about every aspect of it's genesis theory has been proven entirely false. And ultimately, people who still hold their faith in religion will be forced to accept that fact as well. Though it may not happen in my lifetime, or the lifetime of my children, or their children, but nevertheless it will happpen. It is inevitable, as is death.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 22, 2006 at 08:54 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast