Closed Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Wow, you are severely blinded by the assumptions of religion. The sperm is chemicaly attracted to the egg. It's an organism made and designed for only one purpose, finding and fertalizing an egg. Why does life happen? Why are you here? Why is anything here? Becuase of chemical attraction. You wouldn't be here right were it not for the hormones operating inside your father at the time of your conception urging him to mate with your mother. That's what love is, a chemical attraction. And creating life is no way a "powerful" or "magestic" thing, it is merely a biochemical reaction inside another persons body resulting from sex, ultimately resulting in the creation of fetus. Nothing spectacular about that.

This statement has to be one of the greatest displays of stupidity, ignorance and one the best forms of a paradox I have seen for awhile. Do you know many loopholes there are in the bible? And how many parts of it have been falsified? Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eiden? They nor it ever existed. Findings of bones and the gift of DNA sequencing has proven that we originated in Africa some three hundred million years ago. The first forms of life have also been proven to originate from the sea. Noahs Ark? That never happend either, satistical data has proven that the time it would take to move every species of animal on to a boat would take about three years, and that doesn't even include the time it would take to collect and transport them to the site of embarkment. However the bible stated that Noah did it in three days, which is above and beyond impossible.

And I am astounded at the fact you, or anyone can find a tale of a man snapping his fingers to creat a planet in seven days at all plausible. Do you even know why epics or religions are created? To explain away how we got here, what were doing now, and were we are going. But one thing you fail to comprehend is that during the time of the creation of such religions and epics we did not have anything comparable to the technology we do now. The religious leaders of the Catholic Church thought that the earth was flat, and the center of the universe, however when the telescope was invented we proved that to be false and they were ultimately forced to accept that fact. Well now we have enough technology to prove entire religions false, and we're doing it quite effectively. Why do you think the age old religion of Christianity is dying at such a rapid pace? It's becuase just about every aspect of it's genesis theory has been proven entirely false. And ultimately, people who still hold their faith in religion will be forced to accept that fact as well.
    your points are very interesting. However, if u are siding yourself on evolution you are in no position to be blasting Creation. Im not even going to keep talking about the birth process for you obvisouly do not understand. Noah was able to do what he had to do in three days becuase there were not as many species of animals that time ago. Have you the slightest idea of how your organism came from a non-living being, just in that, science contradicts itself saying that from something not living there can not be anything living. Have you ever looked at the doctrines that have sparked your belief in evolution, that they are extremely irrelevent and not comparable to this time era, where the bible is completely relevant to our daily lives.

"Why should a bunch of atoms have thinkin ability? Why should I, even as I write now, be able to reflect on what i am doing and why should you, even as you read now, be able to ponder my points, agreeing or disagreeing, with pleasure or pain, deciding to refute me or deciding that i am just not worth the effort? No one, certaintly not the Darwinian as such, seems to have any answer to this. . . .

The point is that there is no scientific answer."
    Darwinist philosopher Micheal Ruse

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden
    your points are very interesting. However, if u are siding yourself on evolution you are in no position to be blasting Creation. Im not even going to keep talking about the birth process for you obvisouly do not understand. Noah was able to do what he had to do in three days becuase there were not as many species of animals that time ago. Have you the slightest idea of how your organism came from a non-living being, just in that, science contradicts itself saying that from something not living there can not be anything living. Have you ever looked at the doctrines that have sparked your belief in evolution, that they are extremely irrelevent and not comparable to this time era, where the bible is completely relevant to our daily lives.

"Why should a bunch of atoms have thinkin ability? Why should I, even as I write now, be able to reflect on what i am doing and why should you, even as you read now, be able to ponder my points, agreeing or disagreeing, with pleasure or pain, deciding to refute me or deciding that i am just not worth the effort? No one, certaintly not the Darwinian as such, seems to have any answer to this. . . .

Noah was able to do what he had to do in three days becuase there were not as many species of animals that time ago.
    You really didn't this put much thought into this reply did you? If I am not mistaken Christianity was only created a few thousand years ago. It takes a period of millions of years for evolution to take effect on any one species. To suggest that several different species suddenly appeared over a period of two thousand years is above and beyond even the greatest form of stupidity.

Have you the slightest idea of how your organism came from a non-living being, just in that, science contradicts itself saying that from something not living there can not be anything living.
    True, cells can only come from other living cells. Which brings us to the theory of the Big Bang which I will not go into, but which also brings us to yet another paradox and the question, "who created god to create the universe?" For surely before him there was nothing. I cannot answer how the universe was created and neither can you, for life cannot be created from something non existent. So techincally cells could not be created becuase there was nothing to create them from, however neither could God be created, becuase there was nothing to create him from as well. So in that light, the Big Bang theory is just as plausible, or more, than the theory of God.

Have you ever looked at the doctrines that have sparked your belief in evolution, that they are extremely irrelevent and not comparable to this time era, where the bible is completely relevant to our daily lives.
    Exactly, those doctrines are "not comparable to this time and era", which leads us to your contradiction and the question, why are you then comparing them to this time era? Also technology has advanced greatly since then, so scientific findings and experiments today are much more accurate, controlled, and refined from which the period you are talking about. So why don't you try smartening up a bit and comparing scientific findings from this time and era to our lives? I am sure you will find much more relevance and new information in current findings than findings a few decades old.

For one, atoms are not living organisms, they are free floating molecules. Therefore they cannot and do not think, and even then there are forms of living organisms that do not think. So either this person is incredibely idiotic or he was extremely confused at the time he made this statement. Also I would like to know at what point in time this statement was made, for it seems to be your fashion to include out dated and irelevant information in your rebuttals. Also it is hard for me to believe you are resorting to the "Darwin Theory" as a rebuttal in the first place. When Charles Darwin recorded his findings on natural selection it was based merely off observation and little to no scientific methods or experiments were included in the process of finding them. Therefore the information he presented was not wholey accurate as many will find. Though now there is more solid evidence to correct and solidify his findings, so I suggest you refer to that instead. Also Charles Darwin was not specialized in the field of the process of human thought, thus this person had no buisness prossecuting him on the subject. The human thought process is one of the most complex subjects on this planet and we are just now starting to skim the surface of it, so I have no reply to you as of the moment, however my statements on the development of human emotion and instincts should be enough for you. And as death is inevitable, so is an answer to Micheal Ruse's questions
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 19, 2006 at 08:06 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Well u have some serious facts about everything and everyone it sounds like it is your lifes dream to debate all that exist and why and when and how many so whatever u have to say it might be excepted, by the type of person that believes that science is the answer to everything well i am sorry to let u know the day that science can explain everything as false then i will nor be here to even see it in the mean while i believe in God and whatever is said in the bible allthough science has intriduced some mind boggling theories about things happening in the bible. They tried[look they tried] to explain everything so that they can satisfy their small little minds on big matters of cosmic size and anyway are u one of those that believe that the creation of the solar system was the work of a Big Bang and it was created then u might aswell believe in the snap of the fingers aswell it is just as far fetched as they would say in the theory of the Big Bang.O' just to let u know the descriptive pages in the bible says that 1 day for God is like 1000 for mankind so what ever u say snap the finger it took awhile for the snap to be heard.
    U have unsubstanciated theories and it is not even proven theories and is also not excepted worldwide and the fact that u say ppl will be forced to believe what the science say is just the thing u are right that is where the numbering system on the forhead will come in if u don't reconise thenm as the right one u will have no buying or selling power like we have money now.
    So do u wanna discuss this futher.
    I tell u that everything u say and also science hasready been referred to by the word in the Bible and they are the true words ....
    So what now..did u say u believed or did u just enjoy and argument.

Over to u Exo.......

Sorry by the way what is the possibility of u naming some of the things u so promptly mentioned that was proved false or falsefied like u so nice mentioned...abbout what was mentioned in the bible as fact and proven to be a non fact..
    I am not so up to date becaue i dont realy pay any notice to those things

Last edited by Spymonk; May 21, 2006 at 11:40 PM.

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in god, of course I will, I'm catholic. I will always believe in him, wether he's there to help me or curse me, thats really all.

Newbie studlytheknight may be famous one day studlytheknight may be famous one day studlytheknight's Avatar
    Thanks

It is all a question of definition. How we define god also directly correlates into how logical his/hers/its existance is. I think god exists because we believe he exists.
    Its too close for missles; time to bring out the guns.

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets say that god doesn’t exist and the hole world exists and all things happens due to chemical reactions, chance and the chooses everyone makes. How do you think this affects the worth of and or how much of a miracle life is at any age?

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in God, I take a deists point of view, God started evertything, then he let everything occur, i believe he created the necesary plans and reactions for things to happen and as a scientist and engineer my job is to understand these reactions. So to answer your question, I am a deist. I take offense to spymonks comments, as a scientist and engineer, I question these cosmic events in order to understand why I was here, it is my natural curiosity that causes me to think that science can explain everything, and if we believed in the bible and god, then our proven theries about gravity and electromagnetism would still be considered works of god, in that god controls all electricity and we cannot harness it, it is because we try to satisfy our small little minds that we can enjoy the things we have, without this curiosity you wouldn't be able to enjoy the computer you typed your post on. Don't count all scientists and engineers as heretics simply because we question what we are told. Also, science may have been refered to in the bible, but that was the science of when it was written, we have advanced science far more than anybody in that time could have imagined

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

darwin was a moron and his theory

is right out of a sci-fi novel you might

as well think the planet of the apes

exist's
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast