Closed Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote Originally Posted by NightofNi
    I believe in God, I take a deists point of view, God started evertything, then he let everything occur, i believe he created the necesary plans and reactions for things to happen and as a scientist and engineer my job is to understand these reactions. So to answer your question, I am a deist. I take offense to spymonks comments, as a scientist and engineer, I question these cosmic events in order to understand why I was here, it is my natural curiosity that causes me to think that science can explain everything, and if we believed in the bible and god, then our proven theries about gravity and electromagnetism would still be considered works of god, in that god controls all electricity and we cannot harness it, it is because we try to satisfy our small little minds that we can enjoy the things we have, without this curiosity you wouldn't be able to enjoy the computer you typed your post on. Don't count all scientists and engineers as heretics simply because we question what we are told. Also, science may have been refered to in the bible, but that was the science of when it was written, we have advanced science far more than anybody in that time could have imagined
    Just the way u feel offended when ppl say things like this or that about science i feel when ppl comment on my religion and the God i serve.I don't have a problem with scientists indefinite so what ever they have done for the Human kind is great i respect them for that.

Last edited by Spymonk; May 24, 2006 at 11:59 PM.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

a simple answer yes yes i do

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Newbie Fudge may be famous one day Fudge may be famous one day Fudge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice
    darwin was a moron and his theory

is right out of a sci-fi novel you might

as well think the planet of the apes

exist's
    heh....... how old r u? 10, 12... no wait let me guess ur 8. How dare u label someone like Darwin a moron.... n for wat reason?? Evidence ppl!!!

N the bible.... I can easily claim its teachings 2 be moronic just the same.... Planet of the apes!!! Pshhh!!! ...... heh, like some superior being is suppose 2 be realistic.

Sorry if my comments offend some ppl. But I just dont think its fair Darwin's theory can be claimed as 'false' or 'moronic' (as chalice quoted) based on the fact that he/she may find it 2 be 'unrealistic' or that it doesnt hold enough evidence.
    Last edited by Fudge; May 25, 2006 at 05:04 PM.
    WHAT THE FUDGE!!!!

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    heh....... how old r u? 10, 12... no wait let me guess ur 8. How dare u label someone like Darwin a moron.... n for wat reason?? Evidence ppl!!!

N the bible.... I can easily claim its teachings 2 be moronic just the same.... Planet of the apes!!! Pshhh!!! ...... heh, like some superior being is suppose 2 be realistic.

Sorry if my comments offend some ppl. But I just dont think its fair Darwin's theory can be claimed as 'false' or 'moronic' (as chalice quoted) based on the fact that he/she may find it 2 be 'unrealistic' or that it doesnt hold enough evidence.
    I am with you there. His theories are pretty interesting... though I must say that I don't exactly believe with some of his theories... but hey they make some sense...
    Bloodymoonreaper

Newbie jadis may be famous one day jadis may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Do u or don't ya?

i'd like 2 bang who ever thought of making un a wild story like (the big bank)loonies. god is real and he loves u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Otaku setsuna mudo1617 may be famous one day setsuna mudo1617 may be famous one day setsuna mudo1617's Avatar
    Thanks

im atheist,so i dont believe in either god or satan.

Newbie animeluva may be famous one day animeluva may be famous one day animeluva's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe in god and its as simple as that! Science cant prove everything!!
    xxLauraxx

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice
    darwin was a moron and his theory

is right out of a sci-fi novel you might

as well think the planet of the apes

exist's
    Ookay..... I'll admit that Darwin's work was never proven to be 100% accurate. But to argue in a 'Religion vs science' thread that Darwin's work is un-realistic' n 'moronic' in comparision to the teachings of religion is just.... idiotic.

The teachings of religion rely mainly on 'Faith'. There is absolutely no evidence to prove the existance of God/religion. The idea itself can be considered 'unrealistic'.... with that being said I could claim that the whole concept of religion was pulled out of some sci-fi novel and conjured up by a very creative being.
    Last edited by Reese; Jun 03, 2006 at 05:40 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast