Closed Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do u or don't ya?

what we call god is tunkasila ( the creator ) of our fathers and ancestors and life

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

i may be a catholic but i do not believe in god. dont ask me how i just dont.
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk
    Knowledge of the Bible and the Word of God is so crucial in the struggle to keep the faith.
    Why do you need the bible? I was under the impression that "faith" is believing in something without having any proof. Wouldn't the bible be considered a form of proof?

And I'm Catholic only in confirmation, not in practice. I don't like ideals that the church community stands for.

Besides, not to offend anyone with this, but I've always seen the bible as guidelines and rules for people who don't know how to or can't decipher right from wrong on their own. Or for people that just don't want to. That whole "WWJD" thing? Exactly my point. I mean, this view even supports my theory that people try so hard to get other people to live by their standards simply to convince themselves that they're living the "right" way.

I'm sure I could explain what I mean better, but I have to go off to my Differential Equations class now, and so I'm out of time. Like I said, I'm not trying to offend anybody with that. Even though I have no desire to practice the religion or blindly believe what it tells me to do, I respect that other people do. Of course, along the same lines, I don't like the people who try to shove religion in my face, like, the people that feel I need to be convinced that religion is something worth following.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i do believe in him and i pray to him every night to show that i do.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Donkey Kong Champion boldragon may be famous one day boldragon may be famous one day boldragon's Avatar
    Thanks

God is in many different forms in many different religions so i want to know is there a right way to praise or beloved God...
    1:Should we be like Monks and praise a statue(is it wrong)
    2:Should we praise to a statue which is hook to God some how
    3:Should we get on or hands and knees and praise that way.
    Many people have argue about these same qustions over many years so to add another question to this topic...Are all these right or wrong or is there a specific one that is right in these catories?

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boldragon
    1:Should we be like Monks and praise a statue(is it wrong)
    They aren't praising the statue itself, it's what the statue represents.

What about Shinto-ism? It's the original Japanese religion that believes everything has a spirit; the earth, shoes, humans, cats, trees, umbrellas, etc. The catholic religion, IMO, tends to take a very "humans are the ultimate race" look at things, and since I don't believe that, it's one more reason I don't like to practice.

People tend to view religions other than their own with skepticism, trying to be firm in the belief that their way is the right way. Look in your closet. How many of you own Nike shoes? Did you know that Nike is actually the greek goddess of victory? Too many people choose to acknowledge aspects of other religions only when it is convenient to them, and I don't think that's right. This is another reason I don't practice any one set religion.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Otaku Donkey Kong Champion boldragon may be famous one day boldragon may be famous one day boldragon's Avatar
    Thanks

great catch men thats wat i meant but the question is still is it wrong for any of those ways?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

yes i do believe there is a God. Someone who is there by your side but you can't see them, watching your every move... wow, that could be scary sometimes come to think of it.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast