Closed Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote Originally Posted by boldragon
    A simple question for all you find members here...The question is=Do u or do u not believe in God?
    that is not a SIMPLE question, lol, but here's a simple answer...I believe in a divine creator of all that exists...i'm a sucker

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku karinka may be famous one day karinka may be famous one day karinka's Avatar
    Thanks

I belive in god even though I havent been to church in about 4 or 5 years.

Newbie Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, but been lost for the last 3 years or so... But was put right by him actully just the other day... I am again fully for God... Things been going OK again... And for all the fellow believers " Don't ever question the power of prayer"
    Don't try and avoid temptation, as you get older it will avoid you....

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe in God... yes, the Bible is the Holy Book for us Christians, but it doesn't necessarilly mean that your faith depends on it... some go to Mass but they don't live out what they heard from it... i believe that the true essence of being a Christian does not depend on how many chapters you read in the Bible, not how many times you hear Mass everyday, but how much you love God and how much you believe He loves you back... how much you believe that He sent His Son to redeem the world.... and how you hold on to keep the faith despite the oppositions to the faith...

so sorry if i offended some people with my words... but that's how it is for me, i guess...

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

The overwhelming view, as I've said in previous threads of this nature, seems to be of the Christian Theology, as further evidenced by the poster asking if it would be wrong to worship in certain ways.

The question, "Do you believe in god?" is not one of any specific religion. Furthermore, one does not have to be 'religious' to believe in a higher power. For instance, I believe in something higher than humanity. On the other hand, I study and accept science. To do otherwise doesn't make sense. It may make sense to you to say that science is bunk and that we are completely sustained by an almighty, supernatural force, but you don't question it when you flick a switch and your lights come on.

We readily accept the scientific, practical principles of life we use daily, but when it comes to disproving the biblical timeline using carbon and krypton dating, or showing that the Babylonians had a flood myth long before the Torrah ever saw the light of day, suddenly science is faulty and can't be trusted.

I believe in something, and that something may or may not be god. What I don't believe in is theological bickering about who's right and who's not. Whose god is real and whose god isn't. Let me clue you in to something you can learn in anthropology. Every culture, every person outside of the mentally ill, wants the same things out of life and every culture's religion reflects these common wants. Instead of pointing out how you're different from a different religion, or how you're oh-so-much more righteous than an atheist, search for some common ground with those 'different' than you.

Let's be frank. This is a thread about theological gushing, so we can go to bed feeling warm and fuzzy; contented in our knowledge that there is a heaven for us and a hell for you. It makes me sick.

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

If you mean a god as an all knowing being who has a plan for everyone then I don’t. Personally I always thought that was an out dated belief from the Stone Age when people saw lightning and got scared and said "God is mad at us" or some such nonsense to help face the darkness witch really is just the embodiment of human ignorance. Afterward as people learned more and more it just became more cultural belief and tradition that kept going except in the way of death and our fear of what happens when we die. In this case we have not changed one bit since the Stone Age.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erosennin
    This is a thread about theological gushing, so we can go to bed feeling warm and fuzzy; contented in our knowledge that there is a heaven for us and a hell for you. It makes me sick.
    Let's be frank.

Ok Frank this is what i say about the Fuzzy statement.
    2 Peter 3

3.First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
    4.They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."
    5.But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.
    6.By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.
    7.By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
    So sorry Frank u can not attack my religion just because u don't believe in it Ok there is ppl and they are wide spread and also in all religions that attack others in the ways they think and also do the judging thing so Frank just agree or disagree don't be a scoffer pls....

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk
    Let's be frank.

Ok Frank this is what i say about the Fuzzy statement.

So sorry Frank u can not attack my religion just because u don't believe in it Ok there is ppl and they are wide spread and also in all religions that attack others in the ways they think and also do the judging thing so Frank just agree or disagree don't be a scoffer pls....
    I'm not attacking your religion, I'm attacking intollerance. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I didn't attack you, and I didn't attack christianity. I didn't say believing was stupid or wrong. This is a debate, for god's sake, and you just proved my point. You didn't consider one thing I said in my post, and instead fit me into your own little apocolypse.

To clarify, what I meant earlier is I am sick and tired of seeing this close minded bigotry. I said something you didn't like, and you attacked me personally, calling me a scoffer. This is a debate, and I believe differently than you. I'm going to say things you don't like. Act like an adult, please.

Edit: And no, I'm not going to just agree or disagree. I've said it two times, this is a debate. What hapenned here? What hapenned to our forum members that actually knew the meaning of discussion? And no, I don't fit into your little scoffer scripture, either, because I'm not trying to refute the bible or say that god doesn't exist, only that we can be both religious and scientific as well as tolerant of another person's beliefs. Then again, I'm bantering back and forth with a 36 year old who uses chat speak in a debate thread. I'm done here.
    Last edited by erosennin; Apr 26, 2006 at 12:59 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast