+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe it, or not?

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you believe it, or not?

I'm unsure where this topic would go... Move it, if you need to.

Here's a topic I guarentee will get people to look at you wierd. Bring up the topic of hypnosis in everyday conversation. Here's my question. Do you believe it is real, or just some side show thing?

There is a lot of scientific study to show that hypnosis is definately real. However, the subject of hypnosis is not clear in a lot of people's minds. Tell me what you think about hypnosis.

@};-

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe it, or not?

Do you have any "clarity" to offer on the topic?

Otherwise I would have to take more time to study it, y'know via google , and wiki and what have you..lol

From the little I know about it though.. I guess I would have to say I definatelly believe it is possible. but Im unsure that all the methods that are used to allegedly hypnotize people really are efficient.

My soooper uneducated guess would be that it would depend largely on a persons willingness to allow their mind to go into a state of hypnosis? But... y'know what.. Im gonna study more and revisit my post with a little more insight.

Interesting topic! ^-^
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jan 26, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, with what little you threw out there, I'd say you know the basics. Yes, it is interesting. There is definately a lot of fake things out there, but that's for everything out there, really.

A person has to believe in something for it to work, am I right? I mean... think of a "suger pill." Back in the day, doctors would make pills out of sugar and pass it as something else. The person believing it was medicine took it, and they felt "better" than they did before they took it. That's an example of things the mind can do.

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

lol =] i think its real^^ well atleast it calms me down sometimes. im usually stressed out all the time so a little break from "the everyday" usually mellows me out
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Hypnosis is merely manipulation of someone's mind in a most subtle fashion. It happens all the time. TV is the ultimate hypnotizing tool. Subliminal messages, Audial cues, Visual cues, Advocation of certain mentalities while demonizing others, the news.....I can go on.

But anyways, all a hypnotist is doing is the same thing TV does on a smaller,more temporary scale. It's all just suggestion that their reality is what's real.

Look at how the average person or group watches TV. Aren't they as if in a hypnotic daze when they're into a show? Aren't they picking up ways of thought based on what they consider admirable traits? Weren't they conditioned on what was and wasn't acceptable based on what they saw and heard on TV?

Yeah, I think hypnosis exists. I think it's only the tip of the iceberg as far as manipulating the mind or minds go.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hypnosis is a state where the mind is more tuned and sensitive to instruction and suggestion. There are a lot of popular misconceptions though, this is true. One of them is that you can use hypnosis to do feats physical or otherwise that you would not be able to ordinarily do. Hypnosis can only suggest a best effort, it still depends on the abilities of the person being hypnotized as to whether it really works. Another misconception is that you can be tricked into hypnosis and be forced to do whatever the person hypnotizing wants. While getting hypnotized can be easy, it can also be just as easy to not be hypnotized. Heightening your sensitivity to suggestion again relies a lot on the person trying to get hypnotized; you have to want to be hypnotized basically.

I had an in-law that used hypnotherapy to reduce her fear of snakes (she had a severe phobia of even looking at one on TV) and she said it worked very well for awhile, but since she stopped going to therapy she still gets very scared. So not only is hypnosis very real, but it can be used, to a limited degree, to help with phobias, bad habits, etc. The results are variable though, they depend almost completely on the person.

I don't think there's any question as to whether hypnosis is real, it quite obviously is, so that leads us to the real question: are most demonstrations of hypnosis in the media real?

My answer to that would be, more than likely, not. How easy would it be to stage a show where actors act as though they're hypnotized, probably not very. (because it has been done.) I've been to live demonstrations of people being hypnotized though, where they just pick random people out of the crowd, and it's all very real. My friends have told me they were well aware of what they were doing too, again, it's a heightened state of suggestion, you're not unconscious or anything.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe it.
    Aside from my obvious and bland "I-don't-believe-in-something-unless-I-see-credible-proof" Theory, I just am not a believer of all the jazz with pendulums and the like. It just, in my eyes, isn't something I see the human mind to be 'falling' for, even though people can be susceptible to some forms of weird things. Although lesser forms, like therapy-ish things or whatever may be a different story, but for now I'll stand by not believing in it.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

im not sure if it is or not but there is proof that its used for helping with quitting smoking and getting over certain phobias. whch would make it seem like it works and if it does work its pretty cool but there should be more to it than just sugestive ideas that help
    people with things.

past life regression is popular as well when it comes to Hypnosis it all sounds intresting but there should be some kind of proof that would make every one take a second look at
    Hypnosis . becuase there are things that are left unansweard like how do you know that when under Hypnosis that your mind isnt making things up as it goes?

here is a link to a site that uses hypnosis NY Hypnosis (Bayside,NY)
    not sure if it will convence anyone but it does prove that more and more people are starting to take a 2and look at it
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast