Closed Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You belive in the paranormal (Ghosts)

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do You belive in the paranormal (Ghost)

But I never saw its face >_< I wanna see the ugly face lol

PPS: I JOKE I LOVES YOU!!! >_^

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    like me, you've probably never experienced in things like seeing ghosts.
    or stuff your friends say like "did you see that??" and you ask "what?"?,
    and they say "i thought i saw something move across there"
    you " no, and shut up now"

seriously, im like you, i choose and just dont belive in ghosts and the like , BUT, for sum reason i accept, am i confusing?., no just 2 sided views that respect each other..

but, let me tell you a story.(it lets you think).

Ok me, i dont expirence ghosty happenings and yet to see em, and my sis, probably the same. (i trust her, and believe here b/c shes a nice person):P.

She said one night she was sleeping and something seem to have woken her at night. and what was standing beside her bed, re-phrase that, "towering over her bed"., she said it was a very tall figure which appeared to be in a black robe. She screamed and turned on a lamp, and poof, gone!. just her imagination?., me being the none and doubtful, i reluctantly believe her.
    she also had a few more stories., actually, this tall figured person appeared a few times previous when she was smaller. its a little freaky though.
    the thing that happened to your sister was probably a trick of the darkness.

i believe that ghosts and stray spirits ONCE existed, but do not anymore.
    i back this with the bible (immagine that). in the old testament several spiritists called forth the spirits of long dead pplz for the protagonist of the story, even though God said this was evil. however, after Jesus died he took a tour of hell and saved the souls of those who repented as well as "found the lost souls of the children".

only israelites are refered to as "children of God" and they are not ussually found in hell. so i believe that when jesus accended he took all wandering spirits and ghosts with him.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    But I never saw its face >_< I wanna see the ugly face lol

PPS: I JOKE I LOVES YOU!!! >_^
    r u sure its just ugly? i think its not really in fact ugly but when u look at it. all that hatred he would be holding against you would be pretty creepy.

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Ghosts, or phantoms, are often depicted of a human size and shape (although some accounts also mention animal ghosts), but they are often described as not visually striking. Usually these depictions suggest that the ghost does not consist of solid matter. The "typical" ghost in the West is semi-transparent, and does not directly interact with physical objects. They walk through walls, float above the ground, and so forth. Ghosts are often said to behave as if they were mindlessly following a particular routine or itinerary (see Residual haunting). Other ghosts are described as being solid, interacting with their environment, and generally behaving much like other people. In some ghost stories, especially in the Caribbean and Africa, the figure is only identified as a ghost because an acquaintance knows that the person is already dead.

In the West, those who believe in ghosts sometimes hold them to be souls that could not find rest after death, and so linger on Earth. This inability to find rest is often explained as unfinished business, such as a victim seeking justice or revenge after death. Criminals sometimes supposedly linger to avoid Purgatory or Hell. It is sometimes held that ghosts reside in Limbo or Purgatory. Although this view was once propounded by some Catholic theologians, it is no longer believed according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It is worth noting that while many mainstream Protestants and Evangelical Christians believe in the existence of principalities, they do not believe in ghosts (as spiritual manifestations of the dead) and would generally attribute more violent ghosts, such as poltergeists, to the actions of demons.

Some ghost researchers approach the possibility of ghosts from a more scientific standpoint [citation needed], seeking to find correlations and causal relationships between recordable phenomena and the supposed presence of ghosts. Those who follow this approach most often believe that ghosts are not actual disembodied souls or spirits, but rather they are impressions of psychic energy left behind by a deceased (or in some rare cases, still living) person. They assert that traumatic events (such as a murder or suicide) cause mental energy of some kind to be released into the world, where it may be experienced by other people who are sensitive to its presence. Parapsychologists refer to the "substance" of which ghosts and other spirits are made as "ectoplasm." This way of thinking classifies ghosts in the same category of preternatural unexplained phenomena as poltergeists/telekinesis, ESP, and telepathy. Theories from this approach often encounter difficulties in explaining ghosts that appear to be sentient, such as those which appear to answer questions or react to specific actions from people present. However, it is claimed as a possibility that enough of a dead person's psyche might be imprinted on an environment so as to give the likeness of thought or autonomy.

There is also at least one religion, Spiritism, that tends to use scientific-looking elements when explaining ghosts. According to Spiritists, ghosts are the deceased continuing to live in one or more parallel dimensions of sorts, existing in different "frequencies" from our own dimension. Those parallel ghost realities would have all sorts of ghost creatures, plants, objects - even whole "ghost cities". One example of ghost city would be Nosso Lar ("Our Home" in Portuguese), which allegedly exists 500 meters above the physical city of Rio de Janeiro, though in a different "frequency". In fact, extrapolating the descriptions supplied by Spiritists, they are apparently talking of whole "Ghost Earths" coexisting in the same space of our physical Earth. It seems that occasionally portions of those dimensions would overlap with ours, causing ghost sightings. And there would also be living people - mediums or psychics - with the ability to see, hear and speak through the dimensional barriers. The Others is a movie that explores these concepts of overlap and breached barriers between the living and the dead. This approach however does not clarify the process by which a living being leaves a "double" at one of those ghostly dimensions at the moment of his/her/its death, or (considering another Spiritist claim) during dreaming. However, Spiritism does assert that it is the physical body that is short-term, while the spiritual one is eternal and constantly learning and growing through impermanent physical manifestations. The spiritual life is the gel that holds together the acquired information and lessons from various physical manifestations through the process of reincarnation.

In Asian cultures, such as China, there are many people who hold a belief in reincarnation. Ghosts are those souls that refused to be "recycled" because they have unfinished business, similar to those in the West. Exorcists can either help a ghost to be driven away or reincarnated. In Chinese tradition, apart from being reincarnated, a ghost can also become immortal and become a demigod, or it can go to hell and suffer for eternity, or it can die again and become "ghost of ghost"(魙). The Chinese also believe that some ghosts, especially those who died of drowning, kill people in order to rob them of their rights to reincarnation. The victims of such paranormal "murders" are called tìs*guǐ (替死鬼), literally "substitute death ghost" or "substitute devil" which in Chinese is a synonym for scapegoat. Also in China, particularly in the Guangzhou area, the Chinese people usually hold a Chinese version of the Day of the Dead ritual for their ancestors in autumn. The ritual consists of burning Hell Bank Notes and other luxury items made of paper mache as well as pouring wine three times on their grave and leaving food. An older ritual is for the living family to prepare a grand feast for their dead relatives "returning" home. During the time of feast, those relatives amongst the living are not allowed to leave their bedrooms regardless of how much noise the ghost makes. [citation needed]

Very detailed information about ghosts is given in Garuda Purana, a scripture from Vedic (Hindu) tradition. According to this Purana, humans who perform sins during their lifetime will be reborn as ghosts. This is an excerpt from the conversation between a Brahmana(a noble man) and a group of ghosts as mentioned in Garuda Purana. The brahmana said:'You have told us facts about your names; now let us know about your way of life as ghosts as well as your food.' The ghosts said:'We stay where people do not follow the Vedas, where there is no feeling of shame for falsehood, no faith in religion, no sense of discipline, no inclination for forgiveness, no patience and no knowledge. We trouble the person who does not perform Sraddha or Tarpana. We eat his flesh and suck his blood. Now hear about our food which is most despicable in the world. Something of this you have already seen. We shall now tell you something unknown to you. Vomiting, waste, cough, urine and tears - these we eat and drink. Do not ask us further, O brahmana, we are ashamed to tell you about our food. We are ignorant, in dark, fools and puzzled. Suddenly have we remembered about our previous births. We are neither humble, nor wild and we know nothing.'

How ghosts fit into this worldview is shown here.

Buddhist Samsara includes the concept of the hungry ghost realm. Sentient beings in that realm are referred to as "hungry ghosts" because of their attachment to this world. Asuras are also referred to as "fighting ghosts".

Both the West and the East share some fundamental beliefs about ghosts. They may wander around places they frequented when alive or where they died. Such places are known as "haunted"; the rounds they go on are known as "hauntings". They often wear the sort of clothing in which they would have been seen when alive.

i belive in it my self as well because there are alot of difrrent ways to detect
    energyfirlds or use EVP's or other instruments like that but its more of
    perception than anything
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

A ghost is an alleged
    noncorporeal manifestation
    of a dead individual. It is
    often thought to be the spirit
    or soul of a person who has
    remained on Earth after
    death. According to some
    sources, a ghost may be the
    personality of a person after
    his or her death, and not tied
    directly to the soul or spirit.
    Every culture in the world
    carries stories about ghosts,
    but they vary across time
    and place, with disagreements both as to what ghosts are and whether they are hallucinations or a part of nature.

Ghosts are often depicted of a human size and shape (although some accounts also mention animal ghosts), but typically described as "silvery", "shadowy", "semitransparent", or "fog-like." Ghosts do not have a gross physical body like human beings, only the subtle astral body. Sometimes they do not manifest themselves visually but in terms of other phenomena, such as the movements of an object, spontaneous throwing of a light switch, noises, etc., which supposedly have no natural explanation.

In the West, those who believe in ghosts sometimes hold them to be souls that could not find rest after death, and so linger on Earth. The inability to find rest is often explained by unfinished business, such as a victim seeking justice or revenge after death. Criminals sometimes supposedly linger to avoid Purgatory or Hell. It is sometimes held that ghosts reside in Limbo, a place, according to nonorthodox Catholic doctrine, between Heaven and Hell where the souls of unbaptized infants go. It is worth noting that while mainstream Protestants and Evangelical Christians believe in the existence of principalities, they do not believe in ghosts (as spiritual manifestations of the dead) and would generally attribute more violent ghosts, such as poltergeists, to the actions of demons.

Its up to u to belive as u choose as humans were all sight and dont belive a thing until there is tangeble proof so i dont blame others for not beliveing they ahve good reason not to
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Newbie inuyasha190879 may be famous one day inuyasha190879 may be famous one day inuyasha190879's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConradGuravitch103 View Post
    no I dont believe in ghosties until somthing actually happens to where it cant be explained
    I will have to agree because if something happens and it can be explaned then it is not a ghost but if it cann't be explained then it can be a ghost and it can not, it just depends on what you want others to beleive.
    what you looking at?

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

thast what i was pointing out theres no point in beliving it if u cant see it however u cant rule out that there are spirits just not visiblel ike peopel claim
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

some people here at the school said a girl died here and her soul lurks around here, but its been about 30 years of it i guess, i never heard about it, but some of my friends said they saw a girl in the boys locker room

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast