Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you learn anything?

Newbie wishper may be famous one day wishper may be famous one day wishper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you learn anything?

What i learned....er....like the others said...only the basic stuff all the other things..from my point of view they got no sence...most of the things you learn you'll probably never use in life...i also learned most of the things i now know from the television and internet..(Hail to the all mighty TV)
    my english for example...my real language is way different from it but i learned english from the tv...i dont know it that well...but its good enough to make a normal conversation...

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

hardly i cant really remember a single thing except spelling reading and writing and im only in the 10th grade so you see how that goes
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

I learn Bio., Chem., Phy., AMaths2, AMaths1, SijilPeperiksaanMalaysiaMaths, Malay, Chinese, English, Moral, Malaya History etc.. stuffs like moral are more like common sence and all the maths and science were too overwhelming ( because I can only understand something and remembers it for a very long time if it's explained IN DETAIL ), maybe its because I don't have a ambition yet. And do you have those experience where you managed to memorised something very hard and on the exam or test day you just forget? I have that and I failed the second most important test in my life (miserable isn't it?). AND in school they make you mmorise useless stuffs like and especially History, the teachers will always say that if you study history then you will not ake the same mistakes as recorded in the history, I mean we're not into politics or are we going to change the world and stuffs right? Mistakes can be avoidefd if you think before you take actions right? ALSO all the competion for better marks and all those academic stuf such as projects and other stuffs just makes me more miserable from time to time ... Overall I think what I lear in school was to conseal myself (coz all of those other peoples didn't event notice my existance and that includes my teacher)
    Last edited by alex1_phang3; Dec 21, 2006 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Thofgh I'd make my post more colourfull ^e^

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Lol i like computers too. In fact, i am taking Multimedia and Web Technolgies at school. This class is pretty awesome kool because you can learn how to use programs such as QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and some others.
    I think computers is where all the business is going to be at in the near future, so it's a great thing to learn as much as you can about computers. I however failed at that endeavour, I tried learning HTML and learned quite a lot. I memorized an entire book within a month but I just found it incredibely boring and eventually stopped practicing with it or moving on to something else. But kudos to you guys who study that stuff.

@Alex1_phang3: Probably one of the things I learned about most in school is how to blend in and not to be noticed, some of my friends even thought I'd moved away after a month of having no contact with them in school. No one really notices that I'm ever there, but I like it that way. Maybe this skill can be used to become a spy for the CIA or something? Lol.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Lol i like computers too. In fact, i am taking Multimedia and Web Technolgies at school. This class is pretty awesome kool because you can learn how to use programs such as QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and some others. You'll need biology, chemistry and history once you decide what career you want to pursuit once in college.
    I think I said I wanna take something related with computers
    so once again... when am I gonna need biology, chemistry and history? well yeah youll have those classes in university too... but why do I need them if I already knoe wut I want to study?
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

In school many times I find myself doing my school work, when I suddenly stop and think...What will this do for me in life? I have even discussed this subject with my teacher before. For example like history, what will learning about the first president do for me 10 years from now? nothing at all, so I say that school does teach some useful things but a lot of unusable stuff as well.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    You won't remember everything you're taught in school. You're not supposed to. Everything they teach is simply supposed to be groundwork so that you have some background information once leaving school.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927 View Post
    I totally agree...
    Yep, and it is a lousy way to educate someone.

I learned to read and write, mathematics, and art. I didn't learn grammer, spelling, history, geography, or anything else at a school until I was in college. Sure, I passed the tests but that doesn't mean I remembered a thing once the test was over.

My grandfather at the age of 75 could stand up and recite a classical poem from memory that he had learned when he was 12. My grandmother at the age of 70 could barely remember what happened last week but her handwritting was as good as it was when she learned to spell as a child.

In comparison I would have to say, no, I didn't learn anything.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I did learn some stuff from school. Okay, most of my knowledge is gained from schooling.
    However, it wasn't until college that I learned anything other then grammer.

Elementry school told me it was preperations for high-school... and high-school was not what they led me to believe it was.
    High-school said they were preparing me for college... and again it was nothing like they said.

College said they were prepairing me for the real world... I'm scared to try.
    I'll be trying again in a week or two... this time not over the computer since the sites seem to lie about wanting only internet submited resumes. *insert angry face here.*

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast