Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you learn anything?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you learn anything?

Things I learned at public school:
    1. My girlfriends don't have a brain in their heads when it comes to cute guys.
    2. Guys and what you did with them last Saturday is more important then test scores.
    3. Guys will stab their best friend in the back for a cute girl.
    4. What halls to avoid at what times to keep from being harassed.
    5. You can get away with wearing the exact same shirt as another girl if you tell her it looks awesome on her in public.
    6. Pictures drawn about the subject can be turned in for extra credit.
    7. 4 different colored pens will enable you to pass Geometry even if you can't remember a single theory.
    8. Teachers can get you out of anything if they like you.
    9. You can get a B in any class if you don't F the test and the teacher likes you.
    10. You can get an A if your friends will call in present for you and the teacher likes you.
    11. Hitting things don't fix problems but they sure can open a stuck locker.
    12. It is possible to sleep through any class once you learn to do it with your head up.
    13. Drawing on school property only gets you in trouble if it's not artistic.
    14. A social life is more important then your education.
    15. Once you have been accepted into a college you can do anything you want as long as it doesn't get you expelled.

Everything else I learned by 5th grade with the exception of Art (and Algebra which I didn't learn in school but from a tutor).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

o hell yeah, i learned that alexander graham bell was the inventor of the telephone and the first words to say on the telephone is, i need you up here, and it worked and made a fortune

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that the stuff taught at school has very little use in life unless you use it in everyday life after you have graduated.Why?People have followed a certain career path so they learn that stuff which is applied in that career.Then later,for some reason,they decide to do something else,meaning what they have learnt is pointless from the beginning.So in a way,i have to say that you learn very little.

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

i accutally learn stuff... not much grant you but the stuff i find intrest in i keep in my mind... tho i wouldn't mind less school years

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Did i learn anything from school no what they teach has nothing to do with real life so i drop out in 10 grade i might start to go to night school but i duno.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Schooling at HS and below.. I learned almost nothing. All you really can learn there are the basics and when you really want to get out, you have to have the inspiration, will power, and persistance to get what you are looking for.

For me and prob for a lot of people, schooling at the period seemed purely to memorise the basics. Cooked up in the same rooms year after year, learning only a slight degree more than what you did the previous. We were there to memorise and when you reach college, you are there to learn and open up.

If anyone has taken the GED or has come across a wide variety of others, you can understand where I am comming from. I for one grabbed my GED and know that prob 75-80% of the people in my previous HS's couldn't pass the thing nowadays. Why? Because an idiot can pass HS and below. You don't have to know anything, just sit in class and do the same thing you have for years before that. I Learned the basics.

I knew it at a young age, but really had to get to College to fully understand just how far I had to go.

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

i learn...lots of stuff, i learn so much things, it scares my parents and my friends, (cuz apparently i seem like an airhead around ppl o.o) i wont post everything ive learned but yeah

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Newbie <Sora> is off to a good start <Sora>'s Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Do you learn anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    Schools are there so that we can learn, but do you really learn anything from them? Most students simply try to cram five pages of information in their brains before a test and then completely forget it afterwards, that's why schools normally spend half the year just reviewing what you "learned" the year the before (my school does it, don't know about the rest).

So far, I haven't really remembered anything that I saw in school, that might just be my short term memory loss kicking in though. But it seems to me that no one else really learns anything either. So far the only thing I remember how to do from school is wield, draw, write, spell and fill out checks. The most prominent of my skills being in writing and spelling, I don't remember any math, history, or science except the basics that you learn in 8-9 grade (I know allot of history, but I didn't learn it in school). Not even what we were doing last week . And I see this happening with allot of other people too. I've learned far more watching the History Channel, Discovery Channel, books and movies out of school than I have in school, which I find very odd.

So do you really learn anything in school? Not the population in general, but you specificaly. And if you don't learn in school where do you get most of your knowledge from?
    I fell the same way. we just go over all the stuff from last year and really don't learn mutch. I have to say that they are trying though, it is really us students that don't really put in that time and SUFFRING to learn. but yes we do usualy go over the last years stuff and it is anoying.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast