Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you learn anything?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you learn anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Things I learned at public school:
    1. My girlfriends don't have a brain in their heads when it comes to cute guys.
    2. Guys and what you did with them last Saturday is more important then test scores.
    3. Guys will stab their best friend in the back for a cute girl.
    4. What halls to avoid at what times to keep from being harassed.
    5. You can get away with wearing the exact same shirt as another girl if you tell her it looks awesome on her in public.
    6. Pictures drawn about the subject can be turned in for extra credit.
    7. 4 different colored pens will enable you to pass Geometry even if you can't remember a single theory.
    8. Teachers can get you out of anything if they like you.
    9. You can get a B in any class if you don't F the test and the teacher likes you.
    10. You can get an A if your friends will call in present for you and the teacher likes you.
    11. Hitting things don't fix problems but they sure can open a stuck locker.
    12. It is possible to sleep through any class once you learn to do it with your head up.
    13. Drawing on school property only gets you in trouble if it's not artistic.
    14. A social life is more important then your education.
    15. Once you have been accepted into a college you can do anything you want as long as it doesn't get you expelled.

Everything else I learned by 5th grade with the exception of Art (and Algebra which I didn't learn in school but from a tutor).
    That's pretty much a U.S. education from what I can tell.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

At school all things we learn eventually go away but once you keep on doign them it will eventually come back. Although we do learn and cram for tests our short memories will only last for the test if we cram
    Thats why there are grades. Each one reviews each and grows on it until you go to university which growns on everything you know. Thats why staying in one school is the best so you follow the school and not go at diffrent paces. I recently changed school and they go way to fast for me. im failing french and harmony{musical theory} You should also go to the university that the school suggests for your ablilty.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

School taught me things of course but a lot of things I learned from life in general. Living through things can teach a person a lot.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

I know for a fact that schools in some countries forces you to research for information instead of the teacher telling you everything and the reverse in other countries.I don't think that school is just about getting high grades and things like that,but mainly to prepare for the challenges that the outside world as i have already mentioned but mentioning it again just to prove my point.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

It really depends on the students and their values and hopes for future. A person who would be more than happy working in McDonalds or a gas station for the rest of their life (no offense to those that do) could care less if they learned anything or not. Others who dream of becoming lawyers and doctors hold themselves to a higher standard and take the opportunity to learn. I have learned a lot even though some classes were really boring.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Almost everything that you are taught is public school will be of use to someone. Not everyone know what to do with their life in their junior year. Maybe the bio or the chem or comp may come in handy for them. K-12 is just to build an educational foundation for what you will want to learn. All the other stuff you learn... well just call it a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Things I learned at public school:
    1. My girlfriends don't have a brain in their heads when it comes to cute guys.
    2. Guys and what you did with them last Saturday is more important then test scores.
    3. Guys will stab their best friend in the back for a cute girl.
    4. What halls to avoid at what times to keep from being harassed.
    5. You can get away with wearing the exact same shirt as another girl if you tell her it looks awesome on her in public.
    6. Pictures drawn about the subject can be turned in for extra credit.
    7. 4 different colored pens will enable you to pass Geometry even if you can't remember a single theory.
    8. Teachers can get you out of anything if they like you.
    9. You can get a B in any class if you don't F the test and the teacher likes you.
    10. You can get an A if your friends will call in present for you and the teacher likes you.
    11. Hitting things don't fix problems but they sure can open a stuck locker.
    12. It is possible to sleep through any class once you learn to do it with your head up.
    13. Drawing on school property only gets you in trouble if it's not artistic.
    14. A social life is more important then your education.
    15. Once you have been accepted into a college you can do anything you want as long as it doesn't get you expelled.

Everything else I learned by 5th grade with the exception of Art (and Algebra which I didn't learn in school but from a tutor).
    @Arrianna-Where did you learn how to do the amazing amount of research you do?
    You forgot 16. Girls will stab their best friend in the back for a cute boy. (just being fair)

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks

i never learnt anything from my school [esp. high school]. more than 15 subjects [u don't want to know..] and all of them must more than 7.5 [pass grade] but in my program [ i took science] it's 8.0 and it's hard for me to keep up my school's pass grades bcoz outside school i've another activity most in music and sport. i feel weary and it become worse when i enroll to my present high school. it's neither national high school nor int'l high school. it's in the middle called national plus.the only gud thing happen in my daily mundane high school is my friends. and i think it's true that not only brain makes you success but your personality, how to socialize with other ppl. and i can guarantee, never, all what u've got in high school [college or even univ.] will be 100% used in your real life. that's why i stop my high school and enroll to homeschool program and..hey...it's better and more fun..

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    @Arrianna-Where did you learn how to do the amazing amount of research you do?
    You forgot 16. Girls will stab their best friend in the back for a cute boy. (just being fair)
    I taught myself after I got to college.

As for 16, no, we didn't stab each other in the back, we had dibbs. You don't poach on another girls dibbs.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast