+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you support the President of the USA?

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you support the President of the USA?

Who here is for President Bush? I think that he has made some mistakes in his life and if I was in his position I think that I would have done something close to what he had.. I think that people should look at things from his point of view and to ask themselves is he really that off? I like him personally..
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who hear is for Bush?

President Bush's approval rating is, well quite frankly, embarrassing.

According to this page: Bush: Job Ratings , His highest approval rating is ~46%, and lowest is ~27%.

And lets face it, all this stems from the Iraq war. The war in Afghanistan, fine, going after the bastards responsible for 9/11 is a good just cause (Before you say anything about me being from Canada and that I shouldn't have an opinion on the matter, Let me remind you that Canadian citizens died on 9/11, and I've lost friends in Afghanistan, and I'm a Duel Citizen as well), but Iraq, The US went there looking for Weapons of Mass Destruction and to Oust Saddam. And when there were no WMD's to be found, it was to hunt down terrorists, who only came to Iraq in the first place because You guys got rid of Saddam (Saddam hated Al Quida, and he did a good job keeping them out of the country). So what was the real reason going there? Putting in place a Democratic government sympathetic to the US to secure Oil interests, and then to top it all off: No Clear exit strategy once their mission was accomplished.

And it only cost the lives of 3818 US service men, 170 British service men, and 131 service men from other coalition forces. And thats not counting the tens of thousands of civilian deaths.

My political views are pretty liberal to begin with, so If I were to vote in the US, I'd be a democrat, and the opinion I gave above makes me out to be pretty anti-war, and I am Anti-war, but coming from a military family with a long military history dating all the way back to the American Revolution, I have a unique perspective: While I dislike war, I understand that in some instances, it is necessary, and that we should support our troops, regardless of our opinions on war simply because of the fact that they are there. If you have a problem with the conflict, take it up with your Elected representative, don't take it out on the people who serve your country.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rksamurai View Post
    Who here is for President Bush? I think that he has made some mistakes in his life and if I was in his position I think that I would have done something close to what he had.. I think that people should look at things from his point of view and to ask themselves is he really that off? I like him personally..
    I'm not for or against him. I just wish people would stop heckling him. He has a job and he's doing it as best as he can. There's no need to make it so much harder! If Americans cannot support their leader, what kind of message does that send to the world? Any good he does will be overlooked because it seems that his own people are against it.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The people of the US elected him to do a job, and he's doing piss-poor job, and it is the duty of the people who elected him and who he represents to hold him accountable for it.

If your elected leader isn't doing a good job, call him on it, that is the very basis democracy is built on.

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I honestly don't believe that he is doing his best at being president. If that was trying hard the US wouldn't be in this situation. As for people heckling him that happens to every major leader in the world. There is always going to be someone that is going to tell you what you are doing wrong.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

All I know is I am glad that I pulled out some of my USD for EURO and other currencies.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The people of the US elected him to do a job, and he's doing piss-poor job, and it is the duty of the people who elected him and who he represents to hold him accountable for it.

If your elected leader isn't doing a good job, call him on it, that is the very basis democracy is built on.
    I didn't vote for him. Don't look at me.

Bush just ran into something that he wasn't prepared for. It caught him off guard so he made decisions that were dumb. I think he's trying to make good decisions, and he's sucking at it. The title of president was too much for him to take on, and he didn't realize it until it was too late.
    P.S. I think he fixed the election XP

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Well I will disagree with you (no shock). I voted for him and have been happy with the job he has done. Mind you I voted for him knowing that he was a man who cared more about his personal moral convictions then politics or public opinion. He does what he believe is right no matter what and takes responsibilities for his own mistakes. I haven't heard a politician say that.... ever. Do I agree with everything he has done, of course not. However I elected a man who would do what he says and be his own man irrespective of political party and he has done just that so I can't complain.

Psst... I wouldn't mention approval ratings against him. As bad as they may look the approval ratings for the Congress not only are lower they have hit the lowest in history. So no matter how unhappy people are they are more unhappy with the government in general then the President in particular. Kinda skews results there. Who knows, maybe that means people are finally catching on to who actually makes the laws in this country.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast