+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you support the President of the USA?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who hear is for Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    So are you saying you would totally be okay and not have a hint of anger if President Bush decides to do a 180 and suddenly do the opposite of whatever he's doing now?
    I would be surprised, yes, angry, no. From what I have seen he isn't the type to do a "180" so I would assume there was a good reason for it I didn't know about. There have been other politicians voted in that I did not vote for nor trusted. Their actions frequently disgust me but they do not surprise me.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you support the President of the USA?

No matter what anyone thinks, we all have to support the president becuz we're the ones who voted for him. what do i mean by support? i mean that we have to admitt he's the president and he's doing what we voted him to do... you didn't vote for him? well, did you vote at all? if not, then don't compain. if you did, then i am very sorry, you'll have to wait another 4 years...

^_^ that's what i think anyway~!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who here is for Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    You know I hate it when this happens, people are so ill informed. Opinions really should only be formed if you have a real knowledge of what is going on.

First, public polls are based on a survey and frankly there is no data to suggest that the polls are truly accurate of public opinion or even valid. You think I buy anything the media tells me? NO. I offer proof that the majority of MEDIA polls are BS, look at the last election, they had Gore not “winning” but having WON the election in Florida (by a sizable margin…exit polls anyone?) when even after several “recounts” he DID NOT win. If you study statistical analysis then you will know better than to believe any poll that comes out of darn near anywhere period. I shall leave you will a “statistic” to prove my point. “90% of all statistics are made up on the spot, off the tops of people’s heads with no foundation.” Funny little paradox but really nails the true nature of statistics.

Second, I have said it before and will say it again. Bush DID NOT send us to Iraq, CONGRESS voted to go to war there. Bush is only responsible for how long we stay there and the actions taken while we are there. I will not make light of the deaths in Iraq as they are all worthy of the highest honor but the US solider death toll numbers are not anywhere near the death tolls of other wars. Not to mention the US death toll in Iraq is not accurate in determining the actual death toll of the “war.”

Now let me burst some bubbles and explain why the death toll isn’t reflective if the war in Iraq but rather the total ongoing operations in Iraq, including the war.

First the US is NOT at war with Iraq…

For us to be at war with another nation there has to be a battle occurring between our governmental forces and theirs…that ended VERY shortly after we invaded and when we captured Saddam…it was COMPLETELY over. GASP!

SO secondly what is happening now? We are aiding in battling insurgent militia groups of terrorist activities against the current and NEW government system in Iraq. That is not a WAR, at most you could say we are trying to prevent the out break of a civil war.

When the chances of a civil war are very likely to happen as soon as we are gone, you don’t just skip out. In fact we actually get involved in conflicts we had nothing to do with to begin with, just to put an end to such conflicts… BOISNA anyone? Or did you people forget that we didn’t get out of there until 2004 some 9 years after we went in there…Who was president then…Clinton? Seems they didn’t have a problem trying to keep the peace there…when we really had little to do with the cause of that conflict in comparison to Iraq.

Also once you blow the heck out of a country and tear down their governmental system…TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY, you don’t just up and skip out on them and say hey your problem. Weapons of Mass destruction? WHO CARES! The government in that country was committing genocide on its own people, that alone (if you have a shred of humanity and a bloody heart with compassion towards life in general) is reason enough to have gone in there.

I have friends in Iraq and once that are now home, NONE of them regret what we are doing there…simply because of what they saw when they got there.

As far as my opinion on Bush, I am not the president and I can’t possibly imagine what choices and decisions he has to make, I promise you what he is doing isn’t easy or easy to choose to do. At least he has some fortitude to stick by what he believes is right and not what a bunch of ignorant liars want you to believe. Can anyone say the same about the current Presidential candidates which “preach” against the supposed continuing war and how we should be out of there, yet NONE of the forerunners can “commit” to saying they will even be out of Iraq by the end of their first term? When most of them VOTED TO GO THERE? When I am privy to the exact information the President has and can really judge his decisions then I will form a positive or negative opinion on his actions, until then I will support him in what he chooses to do because that is the right thing for me to do.

Every President is going to do things right and things wrong, the best course of action is to be informed on what is really happening and pick candidates that are sincere and honest about what they will do for us, in all areas of office. I just am unsure there are any of those types of people really running for office anymore.
    Thank you, Chief. U took much of the words right out of my mouth. Most of those "candidates" will most likely do a 180 on the Iraq issue once any of them get elected inta office and start gettin' in the reports. I have a brother and brother-in-law who fought in the war and they're back over there now, although my brother is now a civilian contractor. And they both r proud of what they've accomplished. And the war ended when the president declared a "cessation ta hostilities," so why the media is quotin' all of these "statistics" of the "war" is beyond me. Not ta mention that better than 90% of all insurgents aren' even from Iraq, most of them r Iran; which is one of the many reasons why the Iraqis closed off their borders ta that country. And another thing, Al-Qaeda isn' over there 'cause we're there, we're jus' a convenient excuse. Truth is that anytime there is a political upheaval inna country, u have a power vacuum and when that happens; all kinds of various factions, includin' those outsiders not from that country, move ta fill that vacuum 'fore a new govt. can establish itself and stabilize. Al-Qaeda, who's on the run in Afganistan, saw an opportunity ta establish a new base of operations, jus' as Iran saw an opportunity ta try and establish a new Islamic-based govt. loyal ta them. I've been asked that if the Iraqis really wanted Saddam out, then why didn' they overthrow him? Answer is that after the first Gulf War they did try, but they were unsuccessful for two reasons. 1. They didn' have the benefit of a no-fly zone, which is why the Kurds were able ta hold off Saddam's forces for as long as they had. 2. Saddam used WMDs that he wasn' suppose ta have, as per his deal with the UN, and gased; not the ppl leadin' the uprisin'; but their homes and villages, killin' many innocent women, men, and children.

As far as the war is concerned, many ppl call Bush a liar, yet Saddam killed hundreds; if not thousands; ta stay in power and constantly lied ta the world community 'bout the state of his country WMDs. Saddam had proven time and again that he couldn' b trusted over the many years, so how could his word b taken? If Bush is a liar 'bout the war and I had ta chose between him or Saddam, I'd gladly take Bush anyday.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

ok im dont dislike president bush but i think he has done so stupid things in his time i think he should be de prometed and let someone else have a shine a being president but i think bush should still be up there with them all

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Pfft i am so not supporting Bush.. please yea right as if. Sorry but i dont like the guy. he has screwed over america. plain and simple and thats just how i see it
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I will always support The President of The United States Of America... I just don't support dictators in the disguise of a president. I didn't vote for him either time.
    I have read some very interesting things about the laws he put in place after 9/11. I wish I had the URL for the one I read on Youtube alone. The laws, which were slipped quietly into place, in a nut shell makes him the King/Dictator of the US. It's very scary actually. And the language used in those laws, are very broad sweeping. He has laws now in place that would allow him in the event of ANY mass disaster (bomb, hurricane, flood, ANY), would allow him to declare marshal law across the US and seize all power to himself. That is scary. And once he has seized power there is nothing we can do about it. NOTHING! There are other things, and reading them just made my skin crawl.
    I also agree with ACEMAN67... He's (Bush) doing a piss-poor job (I like that). He has dug our hole deeper than it has been. I worry that with the time he has left, how much deeper will it get, and will we ever be able to get out? And I worry about the laws he's put into play, even if he doesn't act on them, who might down the line,a and for what purpose. I'll see if I can find the one really good one on Youtube.

Remember people... Impeachment, it's not just a word, it's a Constitutional right.

YouTube - King George, 2007 a.d. - ???
    Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Oct 14, 2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Found the URL I was talking about.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Look, I'm not sayin' I like the man, I didn' vote for him either; but I don' like him 'cause of his domestic policies, not his foreign. And ur right Umbriel, the fact that he can declare Marshal Law across the U.S. so easily is scary, but again; that is a domestic issue and goes back ta my point. No one should have that kind of power. Time and again, Bush has shown that when it comes ta domestic issues, he doesn' have a clue. Yet I don' think that his foreign policies have put us in that much jeopardy, except wit certain countries like France. People like Saddam and Osama r bullies and the only way ta deal wit bullies is ta stand up ta them. If u back off of these bullies all of the time, they will only continue ta bully u. I feel that is what Bush did, he stood up ta bullies who were tryin' ta use their power or religion ta get what they want.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    People like Saddam and Osama r bullies and the only way ta deal wit bullies is ta stand up ta them. If u back off of these bullies all of the time, they will only continue ta bully u. I feel that is what Bush did, he stood up ta bullies who were tryin' ta use their power or religion ta get what they want.
    I do agree with you, but I think most of his policies suck sand. But if you're gonna' stand up to the latest bully on the globe, you should first make sure your own "block" is safe. Perhaps if he, and some of the previous snoozers had looked first to own own borders safety first. It's not just illegals that stroll right over our borders, terrorist stroll in and disappear into this country all the time. Do you know how many terrorist they say have WALKED right into the US? If we had closed our borders YEARS ago, and then turned and started putting out anyone who does not belong here. There might not have been a 9/11 disaster. I mean we had a teacher down here raising funds for terrorists... NICE! Then save all of hum If the tables were reversed Canada, because they wouldn't want it coming over their border next. Brittan, because they know we are their biggest team mate, but honestly who else?

A teacher once asked us a question that still stays with me. What would you do if tomorrow you woke and found yourself back in time. There you meet a young man, you start talking... suddenly you realize you are talking with a young Adolph Hitler, before he has been twisted by hate and jealousy. What would you do? Could you do the right thing, and what is the right thing?

From many of the things that came out after the 9/11 disasters, the public found out that the US was aware of the threat these terrorists posed, years ago, before they WERE a major threat. Why was nothing done then. why does everyone seem to wanna' wait till the bullies are in control of the "town"? Why not take them down, or if need be out, when their still just "school yard bullies". How many lives would be saved?

I'm not saying pull the heck out this second. We've already stuck our thumb in the damn. My problem is the half a_sed job he did and is still doing. Where will the reign of "King George" leave us?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast