+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you support the President of the USA?

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Do you support the President of the USA?

Iam not supporting that dumbass. Bush is so clueless. I didn't vote for him & Iam not old enough to vote.(I'm 15 about to be 16) I hope the first black pres. wins or the first woman pres.

Banned AngelicDemon201092 is off to a good start AngelicDemon201092's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you support the President of the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by rksamurai View Post
    Who here is for President Bush? I think that he has made some mistakes in his life and if I was in his position I think that I would have done something close to what he had.. I think that people should look at things from his point of view and to ask themselves is he really that off? I like him personally..
    o.o People actually like him? Jeez.. everyone i've talked to hate him. No offense to you or anything but he screwed up. Big Time in my opinion. Before Clinton left the office we had no debt or very little left to pay off.. now? It's through the roof... Granted that can be because of the simple fact of the war going over in Iraq... but even then. Do you honestly think that we should still be over there? I dunno.. maybe it's just me and I'm looking at it all wrong. It just seems like he's not doing a very good job.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    I do agree with you, but I think most of his policies suck sand. But if you're gonna' stand up to the latest bully on the globe, you should first make sure your own "block" is safe. Perhaps if he, and some of the previous snoozers had looked first to own own borders safety first. It's not just illegals that stroll right over our borders, terrorist stroll in and disappear into this country all the time. Do you know how many terrorist they say have WALKED right into the US? If we had closed our borders YEARS ago, and then turned and started putting out anyone who does not belong here. There might not have been a 9/11 disaster. I mean we had a teacher down here raising funds for terrorists... NICE! Then save all of hum If the tables were reversed Canada, because they wouldn't want it coming over their border next. Brittan, because they know we are their biggest team mate, but honestly who else?

A teacher once asked us a question that still stays with me. What would you do if tomorrow you woke and found yourself back in time. There you meet a young man, you start talking... suddenly you realize you are talking with a young Adolph Hitler, before he has been twisted by hate and jealousy. What would you do? Could you do the right thing, and what is the right thing?

From many of the things that came out after the 9/11 disasters, the public found out that the US was aware of the threat these terrorists posed, years ago, before they WERE a major threat. Why was nothing done then. why does everyone seem to wanna' wait till the bullies are in control of the "town"? Why not take them down, or if need be out, when their still just "school yard bullies". How many lives would be saved?

I'm not saying pull the heck out this second. We've already stuck our thumb in the damn. My problem is the half a_sed job he did and is still doing. Where will the reign of "King George" leave us?
    I don' disagree wit alot of what ur sayin', but here's a question for u, how would u handle the situation wit Osama? Bush took the fight ta Osama, that was his solution and it wasn' a bad one. Yes he needs ta do more here at home, but there is only so much that we can do on the homefront. Ta use ur dam example, it's like plugin' one crack in the dam; only ta have another form and bein' forced ta plug that one; only ta have another form. Eventually the dam is gonna break 'cause there's too many cracks formin', so what do u do? Bush's solution was ta take the fight ta the source, in order ta keep the dam from burstin'. Ta him, it was the only viable solution. Could there have been a better way? Maybe, but hindsight is always 20/20 and cryin' foul now is way too late, we have ta play wit the cards that we were dealt. Besides, it's like beatin' a dead horse 'cause he's on his way out, he can' get elected ta a third term. Did he screw up on alotta things? U betcha, but I don' c the point on gripin' 'bout him now, we won' haveta put up wit him much longer.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont blame bush for everything thats been happeneing and the choices thats been made. I mean he cant really do much with out the other parts of the government to back him up, if he was doing such a terrible job he would be impeached. most of his decisions have to run through other offices before they are carried out. In our government you cant just blame one person we run on a checks and balance system.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

well i cant say i liked what he has done, he has made a lot of mistakes in what do with this war in all, but everyone must understand that everyone makes mistakes and being a president is a very hard job, and to keep everyone happy usually doesnt happen because theres so many sides to the decisions that he's left to make, theres always a good part and a downside to them. running a country is no piece of cake

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

o.o People actually like him? Jeez.. everyone i've talked to hate him. No offense to you or anything but he screwed up. Big Time in my opinion. Before Clinton left the office we had no debt or very little left to pay off.. now? It's through the roof... Granted that can be because of the simple fact of the war going over in Iraq... but even then. Do you honestly think that we should still be over there? I dunno.. maybe it's just me and I'm looking at it all wrong. It just seems like he's not doing a very good job.
    With all due respect you are mistake if you think the country is in worse debt or a worse economy then under Clinton. Yes, the amount of debt has increased if you look at how much debt there is....but if you look at the percentage of debt to the Gross Domestic Product, the percentage of debt has decreased significantly. That is the number that counts. Every man, woman, and child in American shoulders less of the national debt now then when Clinton was in office. Both should be commended for reducing the national debt. Both took full advantage of the Regan and Bush tax cuts to generate more revenue and pay down the debt.

Back on subject:

Now, my personal opinion is that no matter what you think of the President of the United States you should it least have respect for the office, if you don't have respect for the man. I couldn't care less if anyone 'bashs Bush' on his foriegn/domestic polocy. By all means is your right and your free to express it. But to call the president of the united states and idiot, moron, stupid (or baca if you prefer ) and everything else his critics have called him without cause (like saying why, specifically he is an idiot) is pointless, rude, and tasteless. If you want to disagree with the man, more power to you, but you can do it in a tasteful manner that doesn't demean the president or the office of the presidency. But unfortunately there are a lot of Bush's opponents that think personal attacks are somehow witty and show how much better they are then the President...despite not showing how is ideas are stupid or showing they have better one's then he does.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I don' disagree wit alot of what ur sayin', but here's a question for u, how would u handle the situation wit Osama? Bush took the fight ta Osama, that was his solution and it wasn' a bad one. Yes he needs ta do more here at home, but there is only so much that we can do on the homefront. Ta use ur dam example, it's like plugin' one crack in the dam; only ta have another form and bein' forced ta plug that one; only ta have another form. Eventually the dam is gonna break 'cause there's too many cracks formin', so what do u do? Bush's solution was ta take the fight ta the source, in order ta keep the dam from burstin'. Ta him, it was the only viable solution. Could there have been a better way? Maybe, but hindsight is always 20/20 and cryin' foul now is way too late, we have ta play wit the cards that we were dealt. Besides, it's like beatin' a dead horse 'cause he's on his way out, he can' get elected ta a third term. Did he screw up on alotta things? U betcha, but I don' c the point on gripin' 'bout him now, we won' haveta put up wit him much longer.
    They knew about Osama LONG before the 9/11 disasters. As I recall, Ollie North said something about what a threat he was during the Contra hearings. At that point he stated that they knew just how dangerous he was. I can remember watching them while at school, and then at home. If they already knew he was that much of a threat then, why wait till he is at the level he was at by 9/11.

As I have said before, I am a peacefully person, but I do believe in the greater good. When people see a psycho zealot in the making, you don't wait for the next Holocaust to start, you take care of the problem now.

Did others before him drop the ball here. You bet they did. The difference is that he took the ball, shoved a firecracker in it, and then sat on it. But he didn't pay the price, we did..... correct that, the world has.

I think he/they needed a reason to go in there with as much force as possible. In their arrogance they believed that they could swoop in and it would all end quickly. Then they would be able to map out some nice treaties that would no doubt include something about the oil.

I would not have waited, I would have allowed the problem to be taken care of before it got to the point it did... For the greater good.

Now don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not beating a dead horse, and gripin' about it. You ask, so I answer. If you would rather I not answer, please don't ask me anything. No more post tennis okay?

Besides I believe everyone here can keep "gripin" (as you put it) as much as they like. It's a long American tradition going back before the American Revolution. As I recall the people didn't like how their leader was messing things up then either, and they gripped about it.

Now I hope we can part on this as friends, or at least respectful allies.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    They knew about Osama LONG before the 9/11 disasters. As I recall, Ollie North said something about what a threat he was during the Contra hearings. At that point he stated that they knew just how dangerous he was. I can remember watching them while at school, and then at home. If they already knew he was that much of a threat then, why wait till he is at the level he was at by 9/11.

As I have said before, I am a peacefully person, but I do believe in the greater good. When people see a psycho zealot in the making, you don't wait for the next Holocaust to start, you take care of the problem now.

Did others before him drop the ball here. You bet they did. The difference is that he took the ball, shoved a firecracker in it, and then sat on it. But he didn't pay the price, we did..... correct that, the world has.

I think he/they needed a reason to go in there with as much force as possible. In their arrogance they believed that they could swoop in and it would all end quickly. Then they would be able to map out some nice treaties that would no doubt include something about the oil.

I would not have waited, I would have allowed the problem to be taken care of before it got to the point it did... For the greater good.

Now don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not beating a dead horse, and gripin' about it. You ask, so I answer. If you would rather I not answer, please don't ask me anything. No more post tennis okay?

Besides I believe everyone here can keep "gripin" (as you put it) as much as they like. It's a long American tradition going back before the American Revolution. As I recall the people didn't like how their leader was messing things up then either, and they gripped about it.

Now I hope we can part on this as friends, or at least respectful allies.
    That's jus' it, man, there wasn' really anythin' that any1 could do 'til Osama made a move. Clinton, let alone Bush, could also shoulder the blame in that instance if u wanna look at it from ur perspective; but I don' blame either one of them. There was only so much that they could do 'til Osama made a move and u could blame the entire world for that. We're apart of a world community and if we made a move on Osama w/o any consent from the world community would have turned said community against us.

And the entire U.S. went inta this war with unrealistic expectations, not jus' our leaders. Wars r long and drawn out affairs and many ppl in the U.S. arrogantly thought that it was gonna b a short, sweet affair where there were, almost, no loss of life and the guilty would b punished. And when reality set in, many started complainin'.

And I think that u got the wrong impression of what I was tryin' ta say 'bout the "gripin'." I meant no insult or anythin' personal, I was jus' sayin' that the president can' get elected ta a third term. He's on his way out, so I feel that the complainin' is a moot point 'cause we won' haveta put up wit him much longer. His policies will b dead the moment he leaves office, so ta speak, and then he'll fade from our memories as the new president takes office. I not sayin' that ppl don' have a right ta complain, if they wanna; they r perfectly within their rights ta do so. I'm jus' sayin' that complainin' 'bout him now and demandin' that he b impeached, when he's about ta leave office, is a little redundant 'cause, very soon, he's no longer gonna b our president.

And I'm not gonna hold it against u jus' 'cause we have a difference of opinion. "Agree ta disagree" is one of my personal mottos and jus' 'cause we have a difference of opinions doesn' mean that I think any less of u. It's one of the principals that our country was founded on, so ur completely entitled ta ur opinion and as long as u respect my opinion; I'll respect urs. I'm not gonna, pettily, hold a grudge over a simple difference of opinions.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast