+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you think athletes who used steriods should have their titles removed?

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you think athletes who used steriods should have their titles removed?

Oh before I start my views on this topic ^^ If this is in the wrong place I am sorry ^^"

Ok I was having a talk to my friends about this. We were all talking and all our views varied on this topic. For me I don't think they should. Steriods are used to increase muscle and help with the strenghing of certain part of your body. The steriods don't help with their talent and accuracy and percision. Also you really couldn't tract for how long the player has been using them. Their titles are viewed by so many people and those people work hard to reach and pass those records.

-Do you think athletes who used steriods should have their titles removed?
    PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR VIEWS!!
    ~thank you~
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Do you think athletes who used steriods should have their titles removed?

Good question, and I'm personally rather split on the subject. I caught a fair amount of the Roger Clemens trial, and one has to wonder if he deserves Hall of Fame status. On one hand, steroids do give you an unfair advantage. Steroids during sports games are like Wikipedia being used during history tests. But on the other hand, just how much of an effect do the steroids have on players' performances? Perhaps they would have reached those milestones without them(which comes up in the case of Barry Bonds). Who knows?

Anyways, I suppose their titles should be removed if it can be proven that they used them, and used them often enough to seriously impact a record. Otherwise, it would be simply tainting someone's name over something which probably had little effect in the first place.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i well i dont think she should get their title removed but i think that they should get some kind of punishment. unless the steroid actually did have an affect on their play.
    like it made them be able to run faster. but if its just to look bigger well they just need to be punished like baned to play in a game or two.

cause the athletes are trying to use the steroids as a fast way to get buff instead of doing it the honest way by actually working out and lifting weights.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

People who used steroids should have their title removed as they use streoids/drugs to help them win the race or compitetion. its a big advantage if it was used in sports like weightlifting or rugby
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ok for me it depends on if they got the title by using the steriods or if after they earned their title then starting using. If it is my first choice i would sya yes as it is unfair as they have cheated to reach their goal and is a thing they should learn from. If however they started using them AFTER the title win i would say no as they should keep what they have won fairly however taking it away would teach them a lesson in a way but i have seen the people on T.V and it's like their life long dream to win the title or whatever, they are so attachted that when it is taken away from them they may hurt, kill or suffer tramour as i swear their on something as they care for it like it's their life. But harshley i say no because the title is for winners not cheaters, and sorry steriods does increase blood stream etc. making you work harder and faster and definatley stronger. It's not only steriods that have been used speed pills and everything like that have been used so i am unsure if your only talking about steriods with knolodge more drugs are in use or if you think they use steriods and nothing else. But it's split equal really they shouldnt have done it and thats that.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

well really wat it boils down to in my opinion (since it has been getting the most press) is steriods in baseball. i think that the majority of ppl that watch and go to baseball games is for the home runs. y should it matter if the player is taking steriods, they hit more home runs if they do. so i believe that no they shouldnt get there records taken away.

also steriods have nothing to do with the swing time and all that jazz.........

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Newbie Angeldust016 is off to a good start Angeldust016's Avatar
    Thanks

People who use steriod should have there tittle removed because that is a form of cheating and the could have not gotten where the are by thenselves if the relied on steriods. Not only that but they are taking more oppertunities away from the people who actually work hard, and try their best to succeed.
    Its sad how true things can be.

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

I can agree with people in those topic but steriods have nothing to do with their natural talent. If the person has an amazing swing ( this could include the following sports: Tennis, Baseball, Golf & etc..) and they take steriod it makes the muscle bigger. They had to get the swing way before they had the steriods. So talent is the facter (a quite a larger factor) in this dicussion.
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ryomakurosaki For This Useful Post:

Heartless_mage (Feb 27, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread