+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think parents are over protecting of their children?

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you think parents are over protecting of their children?

Do you think parents are over protecting of their children? I will give you an example.

A friend I know moved out from her parent’s house. She is now making it out on her own and is working two jobs. However she is having some Trouble with keeping up with her bills, at the same time her sister is planning a wedding. Her sister is making her buy her own dress when she said that she can’t afford the dress. Her parents are black mail her saying that they will help but on one condition is she gets a new job with forty hours or move back in with her parents.

Does that sound extreme?
    Are they lettering her stand on her own two feet or not?
    What does she need to do to stop this?

Once the thread is started I will put in my two cents.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think parents are over protecting of their children?

Well in this case it isn't a matter of over protecting, its a issue of control. The parents are trying to control her thru this blackmail.

Now about the issue in general, no parents Arent over protecting of their children. Its quite the opposite. There not watching them enough, because of laziness or there too busy or just dont care.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miroku4444 For This Useful Post:

ice viper (Jan 26, 2008)

Newbie bbZuSh is off to a good start bbZuSh's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm. Mine are overprotecting :| I'm never allowed to do ANYTHING without their permission. That would mean for even spending my own money, I have to ask :S But in her case, it's totally blackmailing. If I had moved out (had I been allowed to, but hey, I'm not even 18 yet :P ) and I had money probs, maybe they would have helped me out but not blackmail me in coming back :S
    They watched him in his descent;
    the Archangel just made honour to his name
    the highest of all but, just a mere messenger.
    Yet a Master he was, one who is of He.

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

They are trying to help her out they want her to be stable when she goes out on her own because her parents know that they're children are growing up but they want them to be secure because as soon as you sever that bond for independance you can never get it back without losing pride.

In any case most parents these days are overprotective because they really love their kids it seems obvious but just wait till you have a kid.
    Days are numbered because every breath we take is a breath we lose.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbZuSh View Post
    Hmmm. Mine are overprotecting :| I'm never allowed to do ANYTHING without their permission. That would mean for even spending my own money, I have to ask :S But in her case, it's totally blackmailing. If I had moved out (had I been allowed to, but hey, I'm not even 18 yet :P ) and I had money probs, maybe they would have helped me out but not blackmail me in coming back :S
    I have to say that your parents aren't being overprotective, like Miroku said, its a matter of control.

My parents were just the same as yours, but now that I look back at it after spending a couple years living on my own, I see that they were just trying to teach me to save money properly, and now I have good enough credit to buy myself a car, and even though I am renting a room in my parents basement, I'm saving up cash to rent an apartment in June.

Being overprotective is something along the lines of your dad threatening to kill your Boyfriend if he so much as looks at you with ill-intentions on his mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

ice viper (Jan 26, 2008)

Newbie Cain is off to a good start Cain's Avatar
    Thanks

I think nowadays parents are either abusive or they are too overprotective almost to the point where it seems like its abuse. I rarely come across a friend who has a good parent but when I do I have to admit I'm relieved. Maybe it's just where I live but for some reason parents are just messing up.

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

these days.... children and parents think of the very different ways... sometime, both of them want to stand still on their own and so quarrel happens.... happy family came from well understand between each other... my family looks like a 'happy family' but i don't think so because i'm not happy staying with them.... i'm studying in a college and yet i'm working for my extra pocket money.... dad limit my pocket money every month... everything i buy must ask his permission.... to avoid that, i didn't go home always, and i seldom chat with him..... the problem is they don't understand your need, your feeling.... so they want you to follow.... for them, its for your own good. but at your side, you're actually feeling bad.... however, parents do everything to make them self happy, for me. why don't we just follow what they want while they are no longer living with us...
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so…..it’s her parents trying to control her even when she moved out from their house. Since I known her she moved out from her parents place after high school but had to return because of some personal matters but at the same time they were controlling her not to be with her boyfriend and that ended wrong. She has told me that she is going to talk with them soon that explain to them that she is not going to get a forty hour job but come up with some alternate way to stand on her own. She said that she is trying to come up with some way to expand one of her jobs and make more money that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast